The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

From Fanboy to Unsub

Joejoegadget

Remind me what WoW looked like at release? 40 man raids into content that became 5 man instances? How far post release was molten core released again?

The problem is that people played a game like WoW, which was ****** at release -- and had massive bugs for a solid 6 months. -- but what they remember is the product they left, not the product as it started. You did, however, help fund WoW apparently to become a better game -- the same level of game you feel should have been included in the box for TOR. Odd, that.

At the end of the day, people should play what they like. I, personally, cannot stand WoW and left it feeling I had never played a more dumbed down game in my life. My 6 year old hopped on my character and was wildly competitive in both arena and pvp while literally just smashing his hand on my keyboard - that video was on youtube for a while.

I think TOR has more potential than WoW had at release, and being an MMO veteren I guess I just didn't expect a finished product in the box since it's never happened that way previously, and some of those games still turned out to be exceptionally fun.

Edited by Drakks

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me what WoW looked like at release? 40 man raids into content that became 5 man instances? How far post release was molten core released again?

The problem is that people played a game like WoW, which was ****** at release, for years. What they remember is the product they left, not the product as it started. You did, however, help fund WoW apparently to become a better game -- something you feel should have been included in the box fro TOR. Odd, that.

At the end of the day, people should play what they like. I, personally, cannot stand WoW and left it feeling I had never played a more dumbed down game in my life. My 6 year old hopped on my character and was wildly competitive in both arena and pvp while literally just smashing his hand on my keyboard - that video was on youtube for a while.

I think TOR has more potential than WoW had at release, and being an MMO veteren I guess I just didn't expect a finished product in the box since it's never happened that way previously, and some of those games still turned out to be exceptionally fun.

2004 with hardly any competition vs 2012 with a huge flux of mmos past present and future as competition hmmmmm.

2004 with hardly any competition vs 2012 with a huge flux of mmos past present and future as competition hmmmmm.

Coding doesn't change in 8 years. It could be 2050 and games will still be released with bugs, unless we make robots that will make our games but whoever coded the robots will probably have bugs so...

I think a lot of the people that are expecting a perfect running game have never had to deal with programming before.

The problem is:

WoW was a $40 mil budget game and had:

- awful server queues

- server crashes

- huge downtime

- bugs revolving around professions

however WoW trumped everything with 1 thing: it's combat system. It was the most fluid thing, the most responsive combat system ever developed and it's what gave them an edge over anyone. The problem is, SWTOR is a $300 mil budget and they lack the same combat system WoW has, which is the best and near perfection, and they also lack a lot of basic features WoW had.

What you need to remember is this: people will wait in queues for an awesome movie, but people wont just enter any old movie because it has no wait time or down time. The former is WoW, the latter SWTOR.

Coding doesn't change in 8 years. It could be 2050 and games will still be released with bugs, unless we make robots that will make our games but whoever coded the robots will probably have bugs so...

I think a lot of the people that are expecting a perfect running game have never had to deal with programming before.

Im still trying to get Windows 7 to work and Windows 8 is almost coming out. I never did get vista to work properly.

Who are you? lol

Just asking because you look like the OP's boyfriend the way you keep ball-washing his nut sack. Let me guess...you were pals back in the Wow days?

I've been having a blast playing this game. Is it perfect? Of course not. What game is?

You Wowbots are such drama queens. I mean it's one thing to quit a game. Okay, you don't like it. Then quit.

It's another thing entirely to QQ to the heavens because a game that isn't even a month old doesn't satisfy you like your boyfriend does. Just eject and leave already. Spare us the forum drama.

edit: had to change Wow**** to Wow**** because these lamers reported me. lol

Labeling anyone who dislikes the way the game launched and saying what is wrong with it as WoWtards in fact shows your sublevel intelligence level, perhaps you missed me saying how I dislike WoW at it's current state? Oh wait that's right that takes intelligence to be able to form a complete thought beyond "Him bash my game him wowtard hur hur hur"

I think a lot of the people that are expecting a perfect running game have never had to deal with programming before.[/Quote]

Doesn't change the fact that Bioware had a huge budget they blew on voice acting and didn't learn from past MMOs mistakes and try and prevent the issues and bugs which would have been money better spent.

The vast majority of the posts disagreeing with the OP are painful to read.

"I like the game so it's fine!"

You're being very ignorant. People like the OP are what will make the game better for you in the long run unless you want this to be another failed MMO experiment past the leveling.

Star Wars will only carry this game so far, the ball is in BioWare's court. If they fix it things will turn out fantastic. If they don't.. Well, you'll find out.

Doesn't change the fact that Bioware had a huge budget they blew on voice acting and didn't learn from past MMOs mistakes and try and prevent the issues and bugs which would have been money better spent.

I'm glad they spent the money on voice acting.

They could have left out PvP for all I care. Why waste money on that?

(See what I did there?)

I'm glad they spent the money on voice acting.

They could have left out PvP for all I care. Why waste money on that?

(See what I did there?)

Proved you're unintelligent?

What to have in an MMO:

Voice acting or working combat systems?

Subtitles or AddOn API?

Cinematics or Combat logs?

Three of the six are luxuries, the other three are necessities. Guess which ones are necessities.

It has nothing to do with how much they spent on voice acting, something you don't know. You just don't seem to understand that with the sheer amount of code that is being worked with bugs happen. It's easy to sit here and say "Yeah they should have learned from XXX and not had any bugs" it's a lot more difficult to make that happen. Go try and write a simple game with C++ sometime and see how long it takes you and how many bugs you have after a few tries. Then multiply that by a couple million.

I just wish all these WoW types would stop spamming SWTOR hate threads.

yes, we get it, ToR is not WoW in space and your bitter about it.

Cripes...go back to the WoW forums and spam with your fellow WoW players. Tonnes of ToR hate threads there for you to enjoy. Frolic with your fellow WoW players and lol while ToR "dies" just let us alone here.

ToR has issues, yes.

Its also only 2 weeks old

Give it time or ****, the dev's can't see the real feedback with all this spam.

Just take your whine posts elsewhere please!

Why do WoW players feel like they are part of Blizzard? You know "you" pay Blizz...not the other way around...right?

funny, but no.

How so?

Many of the problems were attributed to-

ITS JUST A BETA IT WILL BE FIXED IN THE MAIN GAME.

Just look at this thread, the first posts are BUT ITS JUST RELEASED. This is EVERYONE outside this community thinks.

So, after the next patch happens and all of the major problems are in the game, people will just say THEY'LL PATCH IT.

That video is accurate. By denying this, you prove yourself to be the person in the video

I just wish all these WoW types would stop spamming SWTOR hate threads.

yes, we get it, ToR is not WoW in space and your bitter about it.

Cripes...go back to the WoW forums and spam with your fellow WoW players. Tonnes of ToR hate threads there for you to enjoy. Frolic with your fellow WoW players and lol while ToR "dies" just let us alone here.

ToR has issues, yes.

Its also only 2 weeks old

Give it time or ****, the dev's can't see the real feedback with all this spam.

Just take your whine posts elsewhere please!

Why do WoW players feel like they are part of Blizzard? You know "you" pay Blizz...not the other way around...right?

I'm not a wow player, please learn to read before you foam at the mouth at anyone pointing out what is wrong with your beloved game.

Proved you're unintelligent?

What to have in an MMO:

Voice acting or working combat systems?

Subtitles or AddOn API?

Cinematics or Combat logs?

Three of the six are luxuries, the other three are necessities. Guess which ones are necessities.

5 of the 6 are luxuries. I don't need addons or combat logs to play. And only one part that you mentioned of the combat system is broken and only in Ops groups, I haven't had a problem in FP groups.

I'm not a wow player, please learn to read before you foam at the mouth at anyone pointing out what is wrong with your beloved game.

Its what all the part time gamers do, The only other MMO they know is WoW, So they try to insult everyone with it lol.

Its usually the kids who have only played Pro evolution or COD. Just ignore them.

Wont be long till they are all back on Xbox live having arguments over Country's and If BF3 is going to kill COD lol lol

It matters - I am having fun, yes, but there are legitimate frustrations. If the devs at least put up a sticky and said, "Yes, we are aware of xyz issues and we are working on them." I would feel A LOT more confident.

And this wins the thread.

We get threads about future plans. We get marketing. What we don't get is a thread about 'warranty repairs' or even an acknowledgement of 'the huge list of current bugs we're trying to fix.'

They say to 'read the Developer Tracker' but I've found that to be uninformative. They have a 'Known In-Game Issue" thread in Customer Service. This was handy:

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime

But so many important bugs are not addressed. And the list itself is a joke. There are only TEN bugs on it...

This game has a HECK of a LOT MORE than TEN bugs...

ok well next time dont use a car as a comparison to that. just not on the same level at all. they have a known issues thread and a forum to discuss bug issues where they do talk to players. Thats where you should take your conecerns

They're massively uninformative. The 'known issues' thread acknowledges just 10 bugs. I've seen far, far more than 10 bugs.

How so?

Many of the problems were attributed to-

ITS JUST A BETA IT WILL BE FIXED IN THE MAIN GAME.

Just look at this thread, the first posts are BUT ITS JUST RELEASED. This is EVERYONE outside this community thinks.

So, after the next patch happens and all of the major problems are in the game, people will just say THEY'LL PATCH IT.

That video is accurate. By denying this, you prove yourself to be the person in the video

lol sure dude, if you say so. most of my experience has been people enjoying the game but you know what the community is saying as a whole especially since you found a video it has to be the truth amirite????