Running Tally of OP Classes

OSUNightfall

So...

Sorcerer is OP because they have a lot of CC and can put out the damage. Same for sniper. Competent melee, LOS, and interrupting rolls them.

Vanguard is OP because they're hard to kill and can put out decent damage. Ranged DPS will ruin your day.

Commando is OP because they're able to switch between healing and ranged damage at a moment's notice, and aren't cloth wearers. The same things that kill inquisitors kill them just as easily.

Scoundrel and Shadow are OP because they do tons of burst followed by folding like superman on laundry day. A SCUD missile for a new age.

Marauder is OP because it does excellent sustained damage but doesn't fold like a wet rag. Kiting and careful use of stuns will win you the day.

Leaving...Juggernaut and Guardian I believe? I think we're doing pretty well on balance, actually.

Edit: Sometimes get sith advanced class names wrong.

Edited by OSUNightfall

Nerf all Classes I don't play.

Nerf Vanguards.

Nerf Powertechs

Nerf Sorcerers.

Nerf Shadow.

Nerf Assassins

Nerf Mercenerys

Nerf Gunslingers

Nerf Snipers

Nerf Sages

Nerf Commandos

Nerf Marauders

Nerf Knights and everyone of them!

They are all overpowered and need nerfed, please listen.

Edited by Daecollo

So...

Inquisitor is because they have a lot of CC and can put out the damage. Same for sniper. Competent melee, LOS, and interrupting rolls them.

Vanguard is OP because they're hard to kill and can put out decent damage. Ranged DPS will ruin your day.

Commando is OP because they're able to switch between healing and ranged damage at a moment's notice, and aren't cloth wearers. The same things that kill inquisitors kill them just as easily.

Scoundrel and Shadow are OP because they do tons of burst followed by folding like superman on laundry day. A SCUD missile for a new age.

Marauder is OP because it does excellent sustained damage but doesn't fold like a wet rag. Kiting and careful use of stuns will win you the day.

Leaving...Juggernaut and Guardian I believe? I think we're doing pretty well on balance, actually.

Question..Define "A lot of CC"

I keep seeing this for complaints about SORCERER's ( not inquisitors, thats a lvl 1-10 class), and no one can tell me what other stuns besides 2 they have ( like 3 other classes have).

A little light maybe? is their an extra CC i missed?

Edited by Sirolos

Nerf all Classes I don't play.

Nerf Vanguards.

Nerf Powertechs

Nerf Sorcerers.

Nerf Shadow.

Nerf Assassins

Nerf Mercenerys

Nerf Gunslingers

Nerf Snipers

Nerf Sages

Nerf Commandos

Nerf Marauders

Nerf Knights and everyone of them!

They are all overpowered and need nerfed, please listen.

Spell Mercenaries correctly to prove your competency.

I keep seeing this for complaints about SORCERER's ( not inquisitors, thats a lvl 1-10 class), and no one can tell me what other stuns besides 2 they have ( like 3 other classes have).

Overload -- > 4s root.

Static Barrier -- > 4s blind when it wears off.

Electrocute -- > 4s stun

Whirlwind -- > instant 8s mez

Top line madness dot -- > 2s root on 9s cooldown

And yes, I am aware that you can only have 4 out of those 5 at most at any given time, but still, if you look at that list, you can see why there is a popular perception that Sorcs have too much CC

Overload -- > 4s root.

Electrocute -- > 4s stun

And yes, I am aware that you can only have 4 out of those 5 at most at any given time, but still, if you look at that list, you can see why there is a popular perception that Sorcs have too much CC

Not to mention the Knockback is a form of CC even without the added root.

Sorry, fewer true CC, but a lot of snare, stun, knockback, and an interrupt to top it all off leads to a very big PvP toolbox.

electrocute: Channeled Damage Stun

overload: Knockback w/ possible root

force lightning: damage + snare

force slow: damage + snare

jolt: interrupt

whirlwind: 8 second breakable cc

And it looks like I missed a couple I didn't even know about.

Edited by OSUNightfall

Overload -- > 4s root.

(only if your specced for this is talent related, not a issue with the ability it self)

Electrocute -- > 4s stun

(also a 1min cooldown, not a huge issue)

(1 min cooldown, not exactly a issue)

Problem with Sorc (Not inquistors) is the surviability in combonation with high damage/healing output. Yes i would agree that some aspects need to be toned down alittle, but alot of the abilities you mentioned are not even a issue.

Problem with Sorc (Not inquistors) is the surviability in combonation with high damage/healing output. Yes i would agree that some aspects need to be toned down alittle, but alot of the abilities you mentioned are not even a issue.

I'm not saying Sorcerers are gods myself. In fact the original intent of the post is to say that a lot of the perceptions of classes being OP are, in my opinion, overblown. That said, I don't think the problem is any one ability, more that your PvP toolbox is so very deep. I agree that sorcerers probably need to be toned down just a bit.

Overload -- > 4s root.

Electrocute -- > 4s stun

Sorcs have CC if you spec into it, all sorcs do not magically get all the abilities you listed as instant casts with no CD. As the poster already said correctly, Sorcs get 2 (two) CC's, any extras or improvements on the two existing ones require talent point spend. All except one you mentioned require points into Lightning spec (the CC improvements are 2 and 3 tiers deep into the tree), and the madness dot you'll need level 40 before you become an unbeatable OP sorc to purchase that ability. To have 3 super OP mega-unbeatable sorc cc's you have to be minimum level 40 for the required talent points and be all lightning. All 4 requires level 42 for the two points into the WW ability, which lowers CD (in addition to jolt) and doesn't make it instant. WW is never instant cast btw, more bad info.

The "popular perception" is largely based on hyperbole and misinformation, like your post. If a sorc under level 40 schooled you with OP cc, you were in fact just bad.

Sorcs have CC if you spec into it, all sorcs do not magically get all the abilities you listed as instant casts with no CD. As the poster already said correctly, Sorcs get 2 (two) CC's, any extras or improvements on the two existing ones require talent point spend. All except one you mentioned require points into Lightning spec (the CC improvements are 2 and 3 tiers deep into the tree), and the madness dot you'll need level 40 before you become an unbeatable OP sorc to purchase that ability. To have 3 super OP mega-unbeatable sorc cc's you have to be minimum level 40 for the required talent points and be all lightning. All 4 requires level 42 for the two points into the WW ability, which lowers CD (in addition to jolt) and doesn't make it instant. WW is never instant cast btw, more bad info.

The "popular perception" is largely based on hyperbole and misinformation, like your post. If a sorc under level 40 schooled you with OP cc, you were in fact just bad.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until you said WW is never instant.

Then I immediately realized you have no idea what you're talking about.

Love threads like this. Pretty much all the classes really seem overpowered to me, including my own (Juggernaut). Balance issues may arise as we start getting more 50v50 premades, but it's absolutely ridiculous to have level 30 people solo queuing who think they know anything at all about class balance.