Letter to Steven Reid about lack of customer support

Badgeking

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh? Do tell.

...I doubt BioWare decided to shiv the **** out of your security key for the fun of it. Stop trying to assign accountability to some scratches on a $7 glorified decoder ring.

Good. I'm glad we were able to wrap that one up. Anyone else have a real problem, then?

The fact is, I paid for it to arrive in a good condition. What if you were to go and buy a CD or a DVD and when you opened it up, it was scratched like crazy. Sure it might work for a short time, but after awhile because of the damage to it, it stops working. You would of course want a replacement. Anytime somebody spends their money on something, they except it to be in good shape.

The main issue here is the fact that it is getting close to 20 days on this ticket and nobody has done anything. Two tickets about this issue have been closed.

Enough about my issues, this thread was not created just for my problem. It is to bring to the attention of everybody that customer service is lacking when it comes to issues that are not your standard bug report. A lot of people are having issues with customer support not dealing with issues or just passing them on with no answers for weeks.

AGAIN, WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT BUGS HAPPEN. HOWEVER, WHEN CUSTOMERS ARE LOSING ITEMS IN THE MAIL, GETTING STUCK SO THEY CAN NOT PLAY THEIR CHARACTER, OR THEIR CHARACTER BECOMES DELETED BECAUSE OF A BUG, CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD HELP THEM. THEY ARE NOT. THAT IS THE CORE ISSUE HERE. SURE IT MIGHT TAKE AWHILE TO FIX THE BUG, BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD RESTORE THE MISSING ITEMS OR HELP THE PEOPLE WITH STUCK CHARACTERS QUICKLY INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM THE RUN AROUND OR SIMPLY TELLING THEM ITS A BUG.

The fact is, I paid for it to arrive in a good condition. What if you were to go and buy a CD or a DVD and when you opened it up, it was scratched like crazy. Sure it might work for a short time, but after awhile because of the damage to it, it stops working. You would of course want a replacement. Anytime somebody spends their money on something, they except it to be in good shape.

The main issue here is the fact that it is getting close to 20 days on this ticket and nobody has done anything. Two tickets about this issue have been closed.

Enough about my issues, this thread was not created just for my problem. It is to bring to the attention of everybody that customer service is lacking when it comes to issues that are not your standard bug report. A lot of people are having issues with customer support not dealing with issues or just passing them on with no answers for weeks.

AGAIN, WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT BUGS HAPPEN. HOWEVER, WHEN CUSTOMERS ARE LOSING ITEMS IN THE MAIL, GETTING STUCK SO THEY CAN NOT PLAY THEIR CHARACTER, OR THEIR CHARACTER BECOMES DELETED BECAUSE OF A BUG, CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD HELP THEM. THEY ARE NOT. THAT IS THE CORE ISSUE HERE. SURE IT MIGHT TAKE AWHILE TO FIX THE BUG, BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD RESTORE THE MISSING ITEMS OR HELP THE PEOPLE WITH STUCK CHARACTERS QUICKLY INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM THE RUN AROUND OR SIMPLY TELLING THEM ITS A BUG.

It is the retailers responsibility to fix/replace, that is the law, not Biowares or EA's unless they are the retailer, in which case they as everyone else have to go by consumer protection laws, ifin the states make a simple suit, outside in EU contact consumer advocate, if they refuse they will be heavelyfined, easy solution, peace.

I agree on everything you wrote!

Edited by TheHirogen

What if you were to go and buy a CD or a DVD and when you opened it up, it was scratched like crazy.
Then I would return it and ask for a replacement, because scratches on a disk can actually matter. Scratches on a security key, however, mean absolutely nothing.

I get the feeling many don't know how customer service works. I have nearly 20 years working in customer service in my previous career. The simple truth is that customer service is all about one thing: the customer's impression of what the company representatives are doing/have done. It has nothing to do with what is or isn't done, it has everything to do with how the situation is presented to the customer and how they interpret it.

BW is not creating a good impression for a good many of their customers. This will negatively impact BW when it comes time for these same customers to decide if they are going to spend more money on the "service" BW is offering.

Obviously, you can't please everyone. But the reputation that is established is more important than they seem to realize. There are places that I have not shopped, nor ever will, because of the reputation for poor service. There are more still that I enjoyed shopping with originally, but will never again do so based upon their poor customer service. Fry's Electronics is a good example of the latter scenario.

Oh, did I just call them out in public? Yup, I sure did. That's what happens when you make customers unhappy. They spread the word. And that is what BW is facing.

It is the retailers responsibility to fix/replace, that is the law, not Biowares or EA's unless they are the retailer, in which case they as everyone else have to go by consumer protection laws, ifin the states make a simple suit, outside in EU contact consumer advocate, if they refuse they will be heavelyfined, easy solution, peace.

I agree on everything you wrote!

Well in my case, I purchased mine from EA/Origin. Origin said to contact Bioware and Bioware says to contact my retailer. So, like everybody seems to be getting, I got the run around.

Still, even if I had purchased at Gamestop or Best Buy, the collectors edition is basically sold out. Returning it to the store would have done no good because they most likely would have been out of that version. It should have been so simple for Bioware to just send out another one. It costs them next to nothing, and makes their customer service team look amazing. A customer is more likely to stick with a company when issues are resolved quickly than when a simple issue (like a cheap secruity key replacement) can not be resolved in approaching 20 days. A customer is also more likely to stick around when they are given updates on issues. All the people that have posted that they agree with the first post feel the same way. We do not want hourly updates. However, every now and then (2-3 times a week maybe) give us a status update on some of the major bugs. How is the error 9000 problem coming along? Do they have any idea what is causing it? Are they close to a fix? At this point, nobody knows anything and it is driving a lot of us nuts. Keeping the community updated on major issues is not new for MMO's. I have never played an MMO before were a major issue that is not fixed in a day or two does not get an update after 3 or 4 days. We are going on WEEKS without any sort of update.

Well in my case, I purchased mine from EA/Origin. Origin said to contact Bioware and Bioware says to contact my retailer. So, like everybody seems to be getting, I got the run around.

Still, even if I had purchased at Gamestop or Best Buy, the collectors edition is basically sold out. Returning it to the store would have done no good because they most likely would have been out of that version. It should have been so simple for Bioware to just send out another one. It costs them next to nothing, and makes their customer service team look amazing. A customer is more likely to stick with a company when issues are resolved quickly than when a simple issue (like a cheap secruity key replacement) can not be resolved in approaching 20 days. A customer is also more likely to stick around when they are given updates on issues. All the people that have posted that they agree with the first post feel the same way. We do not want hourly updates. However, every now and then (2-3 times a week maybe) give us a status update on some of the major bugs. How is the error 9000 problem coming along? Do they have any idea what is causing it? Are they close to a fix? At this point, nobody knows anything and it is driving a lot of us nuts. Keeping the community updated on major issues is not new for MMO's. I have never played an MMO before were a major issue that is not fixed in a day or two does not get an update after 3 or 4 days. We are going on WEEKS without any sort of update.

Contact your consumer advocate, they have to replace it by law in US and in any EU country, it does not matter if they give you the run around,whomever you payedto deliver your game is liable, if in the states and they do not give you a new copy make a small claims court suit/contact consumer business beareu or consumer advocate group or your new consumer federal authority whatever it is called. DO NOT let this slide, you will win I guarantee it, within 90 days of delivery you don't even have to prove that yourproduct had a fault. In EU that is 6months.

Then I would return it and ask for a replacement, because scratches on a disk can actually matter. Scratches on a security key, however, mean absolutely nothing.

Ok, well if you didn't like that example than how about this one.

You purchase a pair of cheap (NEW) sunglasses online from a site like Amazon. They arrived with scratches on them. Don't tell me you would not return them for a new pair. The scratches have no effect on being able to wear them (just like the scratches on my device does not effect it working), however you paid for NEW sunglasses. They should look like new without any sort of scratch on them.

Of course with Amazon, returning them would be a piece of cake. Amazon would pay for return shipping and everything. At this point, I can't get in touch with anybody that knows what to do. Like I said, Origin says to contact Bioware for a replacement and Bioware says to contact my retailer for a replacement. Its this lack of customer support and always given the customers the run around that is driving us nuts and why threads like this have been popping up all over the customer support forum.

Ok, well if you didn't like that example than how about this one.

You purchase a pair of cheap (NEW) sunglasses online from a site like Amazon. They arrived with scratches on them. Don't tell me you would not return them for a new pair. The scratches have no effect on being able to wear them (just like the scratches on my device does not effect it working), however you paid for NEW sunglasses. They should look like new without any sort of scratch on them.

Of course with Amazon, returning them would be a piece of cake. Amazon would pay for return shipping and everything. At this point, I can't get in touch with anybody that knows what to do. Like I said, Origin says to contact Bioware for a replacement and Bioware says to contact my retailer for a replacement. Its this lack of customer support and always given the customers the run around that is driving us nuts and why threads like this have been popping up all over the customer support forum.

You just don't get it. You're picking items for your terrible analogies that are actually affected by scratches. A scratched disk might not be readable. A scratched pair of sunglasses would obstruct your vision. These are legitimate concerns to have for these specific products.

Your security key is in no way affected by scratches, unless the scratches are so bad that you cannot read the generated numbers. This, however, is not the case.

You just don't get it. You're picking items for your terrible analogies that are actually affected by scratches. A scratched disk might not be readable. A scratched pair of sunglasses would obstruct your vision. These are legitimate concerns to have for these specific products.

Your security key is in no way affected by scratches, unless the scratches are so bad that you cannot read the generated numbers. This, however, is not the case.

Your willingness to accept sub-standard product is incredible. I wish you were one of my customers.

So... basically you created this "huge problem" to ask for a new security thingie because IT had a scratch on it?

Again, like I have said over and over in this thread, I am not just looking for answers to my own personal problem. I am trying to bring to the attention of whomever is in charge of Customer Service that there is a problem with it. As a lot of people in this thread have mentioned, they ALSO have issues with customer service. Its not just ME with issues and I did not create this thread just so MY problem could be fixed. I created this thread so everybody could share their poor experinces with customer service. Without people talking about how poor of job the customer service team is doing, nothing will be done about it.

Wow, you really must live with a lot of messed up items in your house then.

I work at a grocery store dealing with customer service all day long. If a customer was to come up to me because they want to return a bag of chips that, due to shipping, were all broken (and yes, this HAS happened to me), I would NEVER tell my customer sorry, just because they are broken does not effect the product. I would exchange the item for a new bag to keep the customer happy. Sure, it is not MY fault or the STORES fault that the chips in the bag were broken, but because we want all of our customers to return and be happy with their purchases, we will do anything to make the customer to feel happy.

You would be surprised at how many things get returned to retail stores because of simple flaws. Sure, they might not effect the use of the item, but they don't look right. If you are spending your hard earned money on a NEW product, you except it to be that way.

I finally got my Sniper Class Quest Line unbugged for me last Wednesday, I havent been on the forums since then to keep you guys updated, you can understand why lol...

So how is your issue going Badgeking ? And anyone else finally getting help from CS ?

I am considering Re-Subbing, but I wont unless enough of us are getting the CS they deserve...

I'd be pissed if my security key was all messed up too. How is that Bioware's issue? Bioware didn't make it, they didn't package it, they didn't sell it, they don't have a room full of them somewhere, from where they can dig you up a replacement. So yeah, no wonder your CS has been horrible. You're trying to get resolutions from the wrong company.

I'd be pissed if my security key was all messed up too. How is that Bioware's issue? Bioware didn't make it, they didn't package it, they didn't sell it, they don't have a room full of them somewhere, from where they can dig you up a replacement. So yeah, no wonder your CS has been horrible. You're trying to get resolutions from the wrong company.

Except, my retailer, Origin (EA) has told me to contact BIOWARE about it, TWICE now! Origin (EA) said that the only people that can send me a replacement would be Bioware.

I contact Origin before I contacted Bioware on 12/19/11. Then, when I got some "support" a few days ago telling me to contact my retailer, I contacted Origin AGAIN, and they told me the same thing, contact Bioware. EA/Origin won't help me, Bioware won't help me, who else is there left to contact?

Bump... Sorry its a major issue.

There was another topic about this but i will continue with my problems in this one instead.

The customer support here... Makes Blizzard's customer support look like the forbidden fruit.

If someone asked me if i would recommend the game based on the customer support & replies on forum / customer service... I would say something along the lines of "Stay away like its Black Death. its so bad... That other games that are known for having horrible support are GOOD. Thats how bad the support for SWTOR is.

Or in other words... If i would make a scale from 0 to 10 with 0 being **** and 10 being awesome. Then it would still not make it on the scale (and no its not because its better then awesome) Its worse then ****.

Lets talk about the phone support. They do not know BASIC english. You will have a hard time understanding what they are saying. They cant FIX most of the issues because they lack the tools / experience fix problems. Note i do not blame the Lower the minium wager teens. I Blame EA and Bioware.

Now about their super awesome in game support.

Do you get it? There is nothing to say... BECAUSE THERE IS NO INGAME SUPPORT. Copy pasted Replies, No help, no messages when you are online, no solutions, resets... NOTHING. You guys are closing it in hopes that people will forget about them right? When i have SWTOR running again i will make tickets... And i will continue to make tickets until i get to have a f***ing live chat with a GM. If this dont work then you wont see any more money from me. Its one thing to have BAD support. But when its so bad that you guys are the kings of bad support... Then its just pathetic.