Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

why do i agro everyone?

dallaas

Just like the title says, why do I agro every enemy I try to sneak around? Arec is even worse then myself. I literally dismiss him so he won't agro the enemy. Do I have to get more cunning? Is that what cunning does? I always pick my stuff based on Amor and damage, cunning is usually far down on my list, if that's the problem I might need to change the way I'm picking my equipment. Lvl 21 btw Edited by dallaas

NEVER use cunning.

NEVER.

Level up a bit and this problem will go away, until then just murder everything in sight for xp.

What does cunning do? The only reason cause I was running around with my friend (Lvl 30 Jeri) and his Jed freinds)(lvls 36,31) and I would agro everyone and they were getting pissed (their missions not mine)

Cunning is a Smuggler stat, taking it on a trooper would be like a rogue stacking intellect.

Getting aggro from mobs that are of equal/higher level is normal, its best to quest in areas with mobs 1-2 levels below you as it speeds up your kill time and makes body pulling much less likely.

Cunning is a Smuggler stat, taking it on a trooper would be like a rogue stacking intellect.

Getting aggro from mobs that are of equal/higher level is normal, its best to quest in areas with mobs 1-2 levels below you as it speeds up your kill time and makes body pulling much less likely.

Ok got it thanks

My main is a Jedi Guardian and I curse Kira all the time for pulling aggro, especially when I'm carefully hugging a wall to get past enemies and she blithely walks by them like they don't exist. Stupid <bleep>. I'm sure all classes have this issue (except maybe for Shadows and Scoundrels in stealth).

Just like the title says, why do I agro every enemy I try to sneak around? Arec is even worse then myself. I literally dismiss him so he won't agro the enemy. Do I have to get more cunning? Is that what cunning does? I always pick my stuff based on Amor and damage, cunning is usually far down on my list, if that's the problem I might need to change the way I'm picking my equipment. Lvl 21 btw

Companions can't pull something by proximity. Only you can.

Companions can't pull something by proximity. Only you can.

i have to disagree with this on some level.

If you, say, jump down to a lower level and for whatever reason your companion decides to take the scenic route...well i promise he/she will be bring friends to what would have otherwise been a boring party.

Other then that though they really shouldnt be pulling to much unwanted aggro. Your character may just be packing some junk in the trunk :p

i have to disagree with this on some level.

If you, say, jump down to a lower level and for whatever reason your companion decides to take the scenic route...well i promise he/she will be bring friends to what would have otherwise been a boring party.

snip

I have never had this happen to me or my friend. I've had patrols stroll right through my companion and not aggro, as long as I'm far enough away. I've changed elevations and had my companion travel down every ramp along the way to catch up to me and not get a single add.

Either you're blaming your companion for something you did, or something someone else in your party did.

That's not entirely accurate. Cunning will increase any class' Tech Damage and Tech Crit Chance, but it does not apply to a Commando's healing, and does not really show up on Heavy Armor.

It's definitely not something a Trooper should ever pick up, but it does have some effect. Be sure to watch out for Cunning when equipping Elara Dorne: Her blasters have Cunning modifications on them that you would benefit yourself by replacing with a modification / enhancement / barrel with the Aim stat instead.

Companion will always pull the mob if u wanna sneak pass the mob as they always follow u at side. (so it getting wider there)

If u wanna be sneaky, disable them first before moving. (Or get mount up!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.