I can't bring myself to continue visting this forum.

shaunj

I have been around for many mmo launches, and perhaps I'm viewing this with my rose goggles on, but this has to be the worst official forums in the history of ever.

Tell me. Is it always this bad? Am I just remembering it wrong?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the game goes live and money gets involved, the indignant rage of the consumer comes into play. or should I say the consumer's kids. Built in audience + anonymity = indignant rage and trolling along with a hint of self entitlement.

I have been around for many mmo launches, and perhaps I'm viewing this with my rose goggles on, but this has to be the worst official forums in the history of ever.

Most are pretty bad, this is a bit much but it's not a surprise. Peoples opinions on the franchise are very strong and 90% of people expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time so they spout off at the mouth via the forums.

Edited by Chrisamcnicholas

true story, blame the fan boys. 95% of Negative threats make sense but of course fan boys are like 'go back to wow' the game is only 5 days old' and such. TOR is not great in fact it's barely good game.

I disagree, people have issues and that's fine but a ******** of "OMG I'M CANCELLING THIS GAME SUX LOL" threads aren't helping anyone and if that's the way they feel they can show it by not subbing and even getting in contact with support, the forums are not your personal blog and 99% of us don't care if you're subbing next month or not.

Im on the forums becouse, PVP is so bad..

I get more fun, watching PVP on here... Single play rocks tho... With Graphics tweeks... looks awsome....

Dont ask why pvp sucks... just roll an alt, there you go.. so crazy unfair, but they did it..

ive unsubed. becouse i will be done with story... will come back after few months.

good game tho best ever lvling. but im a pvper. :( this game dont cater for it.

other reason carnt be arsed with

Definitely the rose tinted goggles. I've been around for all the major MMO releases in the past 10 years. I actually think these forums are tame in comparison to some other game releases I have seen. That may be because the moderators here are highly efficient :)

Edited by Cordelia

Bioware should really just delete the forums.

I'm sure they have considered it. The reality is that by hosting the forums themselves, they have at least a little control of the content and centralize it and make it appear that they are dedicated to the customer base. Not providing official forums for a major video game title would be near unheard of. And not doing so would simply result in some unofficial forums becoming the home of all the... "folks". One where the WOW trolls could keep posting for years to come instead of only the month they are subscribed.

(Although I am seriously doubting this will fully end on the 20th, you will see how many of the whiners have no intention of unsubscribing).

Op what do you mean ? Are you reffering to all the negative feedback or just the overall organization of topics?

The forums themselves could be laid out a bit better, but they suffice and I take no issue with them.

I'm speaking more about the raging QQ spewing forth like cow excrement.

There's some kind of awful lizardbrain thing happening, I can't confess to comprehending the psychological dynamics entirely. It's obviously not entirely confined to this section of the Internet. Believe it or not the Gamefaqs forums are actually better, if less active. In-game chat is much better. Nobody has any patience for whining or trolling.

But yeah, these forums are awful. You just have to conclude most people shouldn't be allowed to have a voice. Everything they say is worthless, even if they dislike the game for good reason, on some level.

There's some kind of awful lizardbrain thing happening, I can't confess to comprehending the psychological dynamics entirely. It's obviously not entirely confined to this section of the Internet. Believe it or not the Gamefaqs forums are actually better, if less active. In-game chat is much better. Nobody has any patience for whining or trolling.

But yeah, these forums are awful. You just have to conclude most people shouldn't be allowed to have a voice. Everything they say is worthless, even if they dislike the game for good reason, on some level.

I shed a tear for how beautiful and true this post was.

I love that you made a thread complaining about how bad the forums are, and then the members come in and make the same complaints they make in every other thread :rolleyes:

It's like they don't even read the thread, they just open every one of them and spout their nonsense regardless of the topic.

It's like they don't even read the thread, they just open every one of them and spout their nonsense regardless of the topic.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what most of them are doing. It's like they are on a mission.

Stop reading general discussion where the tools are. The fact that people made 300 pages of QQ threads because they didn't get in the first day of EGA speaks for itself. Stopped reading GD after that.

PvP forum is the same. Baddies crying how much they suck.

Just stick to class etc... forums and you're good. Due to the lack of server forums (gee thanks BW for such a great decision), there's really not much to look at here.

Edited by wixxkruppel

The web itself is getting worse, and worse.

There is a progression going from what used to be scaling to binary.

Everything on the web is moving to "the best" or "the worst."

Look at the public metacritic rating s on TOR and BF3. The vast majority are 10's and 0's.

For some reason, in this instant gratification movement, there is a departure from reason and middle ground.

But yeah, it's like that everywhere. Look at the comments on youtube sometime for just about anything.

The web itself is getting worse, and worse.

There is a progression going from what used to be scaling to binary.

Everything on the web is moving to "the best" or "the worst."

Look at the public metacritic rating s on TOR and BF3. The vast majority are 10's and 0's.

For some reason, in this instant gratification movement, there is a departure from reason and middle ground.

But yeah, it's like that everywhere. Look at the comments on youtube sometime for just about anything.

Didn't you hear? The companies are paying the critics to give high scores. That's why users are soooooo SMRT and give 0's.