What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

I would give them a 1/10, that one point is for coming up with the idea for staggered invites. The lack of all the other points is for the total failure in implementing it, completely ignoring the community, not giving us any information whatsoever about what is going on, the huge 18 hour break they took, lack of consideration for the EU community and ruining the experience for the people who actually got in, it was not even close to an MMO experience, they could have just played a single-player game instead due to the servers being completely dead.

If BW doesn't get their **** in order today, I'm going to be terrified for the future of SWTOR.

They have their **** in order, they just don't feel like telling you that order.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A+.

I was never deluded about how it was to be done. I was not lied to. I was told there'd be a possibility of up to 5 days of early access - the chance at that or more than that (I'll probably be in today) being a bonus on top of the game itself.

I'm not trying to be a d-bag, but frankly I think that if those few days of a head start that other players have over you are making you that distraught, you should probably stop playing video games. It's just not worth all the angst.

I hate how these guys who are already in, complain about people being upset about not being invited yet.

If you really feel that you deserve to play more than anyone else you behave worse than a 12 year old as well.

MMO's shouldn't have there economy destroyed because Bioware is too lazy to keep invites going out. There will be level 50's dominating the market by the time these waves are complete. So much for talented players reaching any server firsts.

It doesn't matter if someone puts crafting items or gear on the GM for 100k or whatever. Even if they are already level 50, for the next couple of weeks after release no one except those will be able to afford them anyway and by the time people can you'll find much cheaper on the galactic market.

The game economy isn't just based off of who posts the prices it also goes off the amount of currency currently in the playerbase.

in europe we dont give letters you get points from 0-10 or depending on the test it might be 0-20 or 0-100

where most teachers give you 1 for effort i wouldnt even give this.

the uther lack of untherstanding how human psychology works is staggering.....

if you dont give people a date they just go beserks and keep looking and looking and hoping and all those whose hopes have not been met by circomstances they did not create they get mad at the one who did create those circomstances.

BW alowed pre order. then 3 months later decide the order in wich you pre ordered NOT the amount of money you spent. is gooing to be the order in wich you get your goodie is NOT posetive !!

if they would have said so up front no one would be bothered.

No one would be bothered to play? Ridiculous statement.

Entry should be based on how much money you spend? That is your opinion. It's first come first serve, get over it.

You don't like it? Ask for a refund so we can be spared one less child crying that they didn't get their way.

Lack of understanding of human psychology? Are you a troll? If so /golf clap.

I'd give them a B. The servers run fine, it's not as crazy as in Beta, when all the people started at the same time in the same place and you had to wait for loot-mobs to re-appear. However, BW could have told an aproximate timeframe for the preorder registration/time of EA. Something along the lines of - "registered first minute to first day - first day EA, registered first week - first to second day EA" etc.

But it helps them to ensure a stable platform for people to play on without crashes etc, nothing worse than servers crashing at the start of launch....

What does a few days matter in the PVE race, who wants to rush through it all anyway and miss all the great voice acted quests.

There is something worse than servers crashing at launch, that is only allowing 10% of your players into the game, that's much worse.

By time they let everyone in, the servers are going to be jammed and may crash anyway.

They have their **** in order, they just don't feel like telling you that order.

THIS is the problem. This is a service industry. They serve US. Without us there is no game. Keeping your customers informed on things is just good business practice. Just an idea.

Wow, many of you really are being ridiculous. Very poor showing for the community right now, pretty disappointed.

It is about courtesy, it is not about people having to wait just for the wait without informing them on any possible timings.

Lets suppose you and me have a meeting. Would you like it if i inform you upfront i can/cant attend or would you like to wait for hours, days without knowing anything if the meeting is going thru or not?

Thats the whole point. Cause if you dont agree, i hope you will be a customer of me 1 day, i will let you take a seat and tell you upfront that i MIGHT help you or not the next few days.

Trust me, the place would be trashed in no times.

This all reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman buys the theme park so he can use it.

And then he has to let people in to pay for maintenance, etc.

Its like those first few days where he lets like 5 people in to a whole theme park that can support thousands.

Bioware = Cartman ;)

A+ the game is improved over the last beta version. Lots of bugs fixed. Our guild was in place and people were logged in. No Lag all day, and it was easy to get groups for group content. The server never crashed, the client never crashed and getting in was fast. All better than any other launch that I have ever been in (which have been quite a few).

Remember they were supposed to start on the 15th. They gave us 2 extra days. Those of us who were actually able to play today were testing the systems before all of the rest of you get a chance to play.

BTW I preordered the Same night that they announced that Preorders were possible. Within an hour of the announcement.

Too bad that people are too willing to judge a game based on jealousy over not being chosen to play on the first day of pre-launch.

Programmers: C+ (HeroEngine..seriously)

Forum Moderators A- ( These people are calling in sick tomorrow)

Customer Service F (HELLO, anyone there??)

Executives: F ( Just resign so we have hope )

And i have already got a character to 50 in beta 2x so my grades have nothing to do with getting in early. I really don't have the time to play till Friday so i'm fine with not being in. I will be by Friday so all is good

Edited by HolySchmoley

Solid A. I preordered on day one, as did my wife. We were expecting "up to 5 days" early game access and received 7. No issues with the game, either. Ran smoothly with no latency.

Did it ever occur to you that there was no latency because the hardly let anyone play? they can stagger all they want, come the 20th all hell is going to break loose and the staggering will be for naught.