What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

I can read fine, It's the lack of communication that pisses most people off.

By 'most' you mean amongst the vocal minority bleating on these boards, because you will find the great majority of people knew the score all along (having had the intelligence to properly read all the communications instead of just half of the first line) and are mature enough to just roll with it.

Unless of course you can find in excess of 500,000 different people wailing here, which would prove you right.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 'most' you mean amongst the vocal minority bleating on these boards, because you will find the great majority of people knew the score all along (having had the intelligence to properly read all the communications instead of just half of the first line) and are mature enough to just roll with it.

Unless of course you can find in excess of 500,000 different people wailing here, which would prove you right.

No I mean the vocal majority, since probably only 10 percent have been able to play so far.

Because I was hoping this would be the first MMO without launch problems... But as always... I am not surprised some crap like this happens and I end up returning to WoW.

Wait what? What launch problems exactly? Bioware has done a stellar job. If they are to blame for anything it's their over-precautionary measures and lack of communication as to where in the line they were.

I would LOVE to see Tweets Reading

"Now Serving Pre-Orders Registered Before [Date]"

NOW CLOSE THIS TROLLERIFIC THREAD!!!

Edited by Yoda-Sempai

Looking at how few they invited today makes me give them an (F).

I wasn't really upset at anything until I saw how empty the servers are. Staggering the early access is all fine and dandy. But doing 5 waves and and servers are medium to low? The fact that they could of fit more and kept servers just as stable but they didn't is what gets to me.

I didn't get in, and I'd rate it a B+. Not because I didn't get in. I had already been resigned to not getting in the first day after the second wave. Though, since I had nothing better to do, I waited till the last wave before crashing. Just in case. :D

My reason for the ding was the lack of communication. At the very least, they could have said what the timestamp was for the last invite of a given wave. Or how many people they are letting in per wave. eg: We just released the invites for the first 100k people to preorder. This encompasses everyone who registered their preorder before 7/21 at 5am.

At which point, people can determine how they are going to spend their day.

Other than that, it seemed to have a smooth launch. Though if reports were to be believed, it was pretty empty feeling.

-Kai-Lunn

The game doesn't launch until next week. This week isn't launch. Everything this week is GRAVY. Considering how other games have launched and the minimum amounts of Early Access they had, if any at all, I'd say that BioWare hit this one out of the park. Try to remember that the game doesn't launch until next week. That might help some people keep a little perspective on their sense of entitlement.

Never use, and will never use Twitter. Game information should be given out on the games forums. Not some random social media website. THAT is one of the problems I have with this launch is so little information actually being put ON THE FORUMS where one would actually EXPECT to acquire said information.

Now.. i'm going to go gank me some more noobs in EVE while I wait till probably friday before I possibly get in (ordered in dec).

Wait what? What launch problems exactly? Bioware has done a stellar job. If they are to blame for anything it's their over-precautionary measures and lack of communication as to where in the line they were.

NOW CLOSE THIS TROLLERIFIC THREAD!!!

You listed the problems in your reply lack of communication alone is worth a C- at best.

Surprised by all the F's here tbh...

Played about 6+ hours yesterday (would've played more, but I'm in the army atm. Getting dismissed from service in 2 days luckily :p ) and have yet to encounter a single bug or issue at all. No lag, stutters or disconnects at all yet. WoW and AoC were WAY worse. Only complaint I've got is empty worlds, but I'm guessing that will be a non-issue over the next few days or come the 20th.

B+ (easily, so far)

Let me get this rolling with a solid F.

Poor peformance. People on these forums dont seem to like Bioware at the moment, that is going to hurt you on your peer eval. Lack of Effort, put in a minority of the population today then decided to go home. Really ... you have some "team" working 24/7 and they are "busy" "working" right now? Come on, show some respect to people they have brains. You dont chill for 18 hours and say you are hard at work.

I hope Bioware tries harder in the future.

I'm sorry you didn't get in the first day of early release :(

I give BW a 10/10 for trolling and a 11/10 for actual performance.

Eat your heart out, Eddie Murphy!

Played about 6+ hours yesterday (would've played more, but I'm in the army atm. Getting dismissed from service in 2 days luckily :p ) and have yet to encounter a single bug or issue at all. No lag, stutters or disconnects at all yet. WoW and AoC were WAY worse. Only complaint I've got is empty worlds, but I'm guessing that will be a non-issue over the next few days or come the 20th.

B+ (easily, so far)

LOL of course the servers were stable, they hardly let anyone play on them.

The game doesn't launch until next week. This week isn't launch. Everything this week is GRAVY. Considering how other games have launched and the minimum amounts of Early Access they had, if any at all, I'd say that BioWare hit this one out of the park. Try to remember that the game doesn't launch until next week. That might help some people keep a little perspective on their sense of entitlement.

Once again for people with selective reading problems http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-star-wars-old-republic that is from today, written by the two founders of BW, read the first sentence.

B+ (easily, so far)

There's lots of F's because people see they didn't invite nearly as many people as they could have. They could have had waves later in the evening which would of kept the servers stable and let lots more people in.

B+ (easily, so far)

The F's are for the lack of customer service and the seemingly lack of care for those people that didnt get to play. Its great the servers are working, however its terrible that so few people are on them. They had a serious stress test during beta with having a rumored 2million people log on during that time and that should have made this launch go smoothly and to everyone equally. If they wanted a long term test, they shouldve given everyone access for the next week to truly test the servers.

As it stands right now, they have a small handful of people compared to the massive server load they are going to have next week. This is not testing anything. This has been an entire day of wasted server time when they couldve had a half decent amount of people actually stress testing the live servers.

B+ (easily, so far)

And your only complaint could have been fixes by letting those in who are complaing about waves going out to slowfast :D

I would take queues and lag over not knowing when i get to play, any day of the week.

Funny how that works, youre in and im not, so we see things differently.

All in all tho i think its okay, only thing that annoys me abit is not knowing, will i get in today or not, and that everything is running on a US schedule.

Edited by davidpop

A+++, Bioware makes good games, what would make them worse today?

Correction.

Bioware made good games.

EAware made Dragon Age 2.

EAware is making Unreal Tournament Effect 3.

And EAware is developing ToR.

Edited by Zorvan

Never use, and will never use Twitter. Game information should be given out on the games forums. Not some random social media website. THAT is one of the problems I have with this launch is so little information actually being put ON THE FORUMS where one would actually EXPECT to acquire said information.

Now.. i'm going to go gank me some more noobs in EVE while I wait till probably friday before I possibly get in (ordered in dec).

Twitter is reliable, tried and true. That's why I prefer it to the dodgy coverage and issues that the official site has had countless times. I'm not blaming, I would just like a more reliable medium to disseminate important information. Cheers!

Imo, they left at 2PM and not did use what seemed like ready servers, because they want to reward: the dedicated; the premium market; the fanbois. It was a business decision, imo. You can say 20th is deployment but get real. The 13th is when it really started. Pandora's box was opened. What was meant to be slick backfired somewhat.

I won't over react though. I appreciate BioWare for its great games. My loyalty has more mileage to go on it.