Solution to the Inquisitor and BH problem

CommanderChronos

Actually I'll give you a better example of how the empire version of a class has an advantage over a republic one.

Take sage vs inquisitor.

Inquisitor is trying to burst someone down. He gets his target down to about 2k hp and a healer shows up. The healer starts casting his 2.5 second heal on the target. The inquisitor casts 1.5 sec lightning strike and it hits for 1.5k followed up with an instant shock for 1k. The person he was fighting was dead before the heal could get off.

Now lets look at the sage. Same example. Target is at 2k hp and healer starts his 2.5 second heal. He gets off his disturbance (same move just dif name) and hits for 1.5k. He then does his project (shock). His project instead of it hitting instantly like the shock instead takes about 1.5-2 seconds to hit his target. The target gets healed and ends up winning the fight because the healer can keep him alive.

So to rephrase it, inquisitor takes 1.5 sec to do 2.5k dmg. Sage takes 3-3.5 sec to do 2.5k dmg while doing the same moves.

So yes, while technically the classes are the same. In reality one has a distinct advantage over the other one.

Edited by genesiser

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'll give you a better example of how the empire version of a class has an advantage over a republic one.

Take sage vs inquisitor.

Inquisitor is trying to burst someone down. He gets his target down to about 2k hp and a healer shows up. The healer starts casting his 2.5 second heal on the target. The inquisitor casts 1.5 sec lightning strike and it hits for 1.5k followed up with an instant shock for 1k. The person he was fighting was dead before the heal could get off.

Now lets look at the sage. Same example. Target is at 2k hp and healer starts his 2.5 second heal. He gets off his disturbance (same move just dif name) and hits for 1.5k. He then does his project (shock). His project instead of it hitting instantly like the shock instead takes about 1.5-2 seconds to hit his target. The target gets healed and ends up winning the fight because the healer can keep him alive.

So yes, while technically the classes are the same. In reality one has a distinct advantage over the other one.

In reality, either the sage or the inq would instantly jolt the healer and interrupt his cast, then proceed to eat the face of the original target off anyway.

I have a 50 BH and I always top damage charts, but it really does not mean anything. The vast majority of that damage is spread over large groups of players. Much of it for me (merc pyro) is dot based. I can annoy a lot of people, but catch me 1v1 and I'm hurting.

People need to stop looking at score boards and saying.. HEY THEY DID MORE DAMAGE THEY MUST BE BETTER! NERF THEM!

It just is not the case.

To me it feels more like a support character.

Edited by Jnaathra

In reality, either the sage or the inq would instantly jolt the healer and interrupt his cast, then proceed to eat the face of the original target off anyway.

That's assuming you saw the healer running up to heal the guy in the first place.

But the fact remains. Same moves used, but totally different outcomes because one class' instant cast hits as soon as you hit the button and the other one hits his button but has to wait 1.5-2 seconds for the target to take damage. Since that's the case, sage and inquisitor are not mirror classes. Close, but not mirror.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.