Skyrim Graphics VS SW:ToR Graphics.

RecondoJoe

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look terrible, I'm honestly starting to think your computer is a bit gimpy if you can't get SWTOR graphics looking better than those horrible blocky coloured pics you keep posting.

Edited by lollie

Running around in empty spaces doesn't count my friend.

FPS dips whenever there's major combat going on, gpu usage going as low as 25% on a gtx 580 with a i5 2500k ocd at 4.5k. Must be a cpu bottleneck! Or maybe an overheating problem! Temps not going past 60 degrees... OR WAIT driver problems! JUST FOR SWTOR everything else working perfectly smooth.

O wait. It's the game engine being complete garbage.

Real time reflections, night / day cycle, better textures(art style is different but the textures are better quality), smooth shadows not pixelated messes, perfectly optimized while using dx11 code, dynamic weather.. etc

^

this

On the other hand wow graphics are near close WoW. Lets say SWTOR mimics WoW graphics and then improved em. Everything is a notch (at least higher). To me they trully stand out compared to WoW (how can it be otherwise, its 7-8 years newer game..).

But the problem is the game's speed.

like you, i run an i5 2500k with gtx580 and the game is nowhere as fast as it should and i experience frame loss at Fleets and the other usual places, which is unacceptable.

We will make a thousant more identical posts before the issue is addressed so dont hold your breath for a quick fix.

They look terrible, I'm honestly starting to think your computer is a bit gimpy if you can't get SWTOR graphics looking better than those horrible blocky coloured pics you keep posting.

I play on a laptop. Like I said, I get 100 FPS in WoW on ultra graphics but can't even touch 35-40~ FPS on SWTOR with all graphics settings turned off, or on low. My laptop is by no means bad, I can play Skyrim on ultra and I can play Batman Arkham City on the highest settings.

I play on a laptop. Like I said, I get 100 FPS in WoW on ultra graphics but can't even touch 35-40~ FPS on SWTOR with all graphics settings turned off, or on low. My laptop is by no means bad, I can play Skyrim on ultra and I can play Batman Arkham City on the highest settings.

You should get a desktop for gaming on (they're much better and far easier to upgrade); but I agree, game currently is unoptimised. It will get better I imagine (game has only been out a week), though this isn't as issue for me as game plays perfectly on my system.

Edited by lollie

Not really. I've seen all the scenery in WoW with my own eyes on high res and I've seen everything on here with what I guess is medium res and no shadows with forced AA and I see a remarkable difference. Even on the pic cranberries posted, the colors are duller but the textures in the background look sharper than the pic from wow, and that would be my general observation from what I've played.

My only complaint is that the grass grows too soon, they ought to extend the distance on that.

You should get a desktop for gaming on (they're much better and far easier to upgrade); but I agree, game currently is unoptimised. It will get better I imagine (game has only been out a week), though this isn't as issue for me as game plays perfectly on my system.

You shouldn't have to wait for proper optimisation. When you buy a car you don't wait for the car to do 10,000 miles before the gears work correctly do you? That's a *********** stupid argument. You don't buy an oven and have to use the hob 100 times before it properly boils water.

You shouldn't have to wait for proper optimisation. When you buy a car you don't wait for the car to do 10,000 miles before the gears work correctly do you? That's a *********** stupid argument. You don't buy an oven and have to use the hob 100 times before it properly boils water.

But but but but..they were too busy spending tens of millions on the amazing VO. Who cares about everything else as long as it has amazing VO right?

You seem to be confusing lots of colors for superior graphics.

This^^

You can almost count every polygon in those screens. They look terrible, and the first screen only had any detail in the character models. The background and water was horrible even by 2004 standards. Look at EQ2 for comparison and you'll see.

Which are better? I would tell you myself, but my computer only runs Skyrim on Ultra settings, it can't run SW:ToR on Low Settings. So I'm guessing that SW:ToR must have some insane graphics that absolutely blow Skyrim out of the water if this is the case.

Let me know. I'm dying with anticipation.

well Skyrim is a single player game and swtor is a ........ singer player game? wait huh .. thought i was buying a mmo..

It's just how games are these days - the game has shipped in a pretty decent condition, compared to some other releases in recent years.

Can't compare games to electric ovens. Games are far more complex and have many more contingencies due to the way people have to access them (online, on a number of different computer setups and ISPs, vs just plugging an oven into a wall socket).

I tend to still have some patience after only a week or so when a game has just come out, maybe you could try some way of calming yourself (play a game outdoors, go for a walk, meditate, have a drink, set something on fire...whatever you need).

Edited by lollie

It's just how games are these days - the game has shipped in a pretty decent condition, compared to some other releases in recent years.

It hasn't shipped in a decent condition though. I don't consider things incomplete to be decent, I consider them incomplete. I considered WoW decent when it shipped because for all the server issues, population crashes and ultimately dire queues the game *actually* worked very, very well - and it's what made it a winner.

People are willing to wait in queues to do something amazing. People aren't willing to do something ****** without waiting. If you're not from the UK you wont understand this, but the Nemisis Inferno in the UK has an average wait time of 1 hour 39 minutes and it's the most popular rollercoaster in the UK.

Skyrim has beautiful graphics. You have just have to download the high resolution texture packs (mods). They made the game able to run on a lot of machines just like mmo companies. Why? Seems like the majority of people still game on their windows me machines from 2002 or their macbook trash.

I can't believe there are people here seriously defending TOR's horribly poorly optimized engine.

The best that can be said is that it's better than it was in beta. It's still miles away from being acceptable for a game that wants to compete with WoW. Fact is, WoW will run silky smooth on almost any machine, and looks very good because of Blizzard's commitment to great art design.

BioWare got the good art design part down, but this engine they're using just blows.

Actually, most cars have a bit of a breaking-in time, after witch the car works at peak performance.

I'd say the shadows , time cycle and Optimization are the only thing you got. None of it changes how awe inspiring the scenery on Drumond Kaas is compared to well...anywhere....in WoW.

Please. Howling Fjord, Sholazar Basin and Grizzly Hills are gorgeous there are more but say nothing in WoW looks even comparable to Dromund Kaas is just fanboyism.

I can't believe there are people here seriously defending TOR's horribly poorly optimized engine.

The best that can be said is that it's better than it was in beta. It's still miles away from being acceptable for a game that wants to compete with WoW. Fact is, WoW will run silky smooth on almost any machine, and looks very good because of Blizzard's commitment to great art design.

BioWare got the good art design part down, but this engine they're using just blows.

There are a lot of people on these forums who would defend TOR if it caused their computer to catch fire or gave them cancer.