Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

These are all just wants, not needs. Just because you want it and it isn't there doesn't mean the UI is broken. That's my point, and I appreciate you assisting me in making it.

There is only one thing in your list that could even be seen as REMOTELY justifying the assertion that the UI is "broken", and it is the health status of companions when in parties not updating properly. In actuality, it's just an interface glitch, and I'm pretty sure this is a known bug (and if it isn't, it's your fault) and will be dealt with in one of the upcoming patches.

BTW, I run as a healer with my Trooper Commando and never even imagined I needed "mouseover heal".

Although thinking about it, are you saying if I use Support Cell and start right-clicking my companions in the battle, it won't shoot them with my healing ray? I'll have to try this and see.

I don't play healers regularly, but my wife does, and in talking with her, my understanding of mouseover healing is that you put your cursor on the target and trigger your ability on the moused over target, without having to click off your main focused healing target. It also allows you to keep a mob focused and still heal if you need to watching the mob in order to interrupt specific casts, or be aware of specific casts should you need to move to avoid something.

Also note, you asked for the glaring issues that were keeping people from UI bliss, you didn't ask for game breaking. You are absolutely right the UI isn't broken. its just bad.

Edited by Bhigtimm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find the Reddit link, watch out for an edit on this post.

Forgot about this link...

Again, a nice find. I probably would have never discovered this if you had not posted it. Some issues are discussed here, so my personal worries are somewhat subsided. I'll pass this on to everyone I know to hopefully calm them down a bit. There are still some major issues not being discussed. However, I think those issues are so major that it would be impossible for Bioware to not be aware of them.

I want this game to succeed truely. I'm not here to bash on anyone or anything. I'm just doing my little part to help make sure Bioware sees important issues to ensure a large group of players does not jump ship to the 'next MMO' which will be Tera in a few months.

And that type of behavior is not limited to one side. A person in favor of the OP had his post removed because he told people they should die for disagreeing with the OP.

How is this not an ultimatum:

"Bioware MUST implement the following (a consolidated list of fixes that I have heard demanded by numerous people within the community) before the free 30 days game-time period ends."

And I have no problem with this view.

I never said it was limited to one side, if you believed that you made an assumption... It is however, "primarily" one side. BUT, no matter which "side" does it, it's unnecessary and counter productive.

Because an ultimatum is a demand that is backed up by a threat. e.g. he will cancel if they don't do it. He gave his opinion on how they can fix things... and his opinion is that if they don't, people will leave in droves. There was no specific threat associated with his title. Unless he said it somewhere else but you were mainly addressing his title, correct?

For the last topic, good. Lets agree to agree for a stronger game and brighter future for TOR. I just want it to work because I genuinely like it.

Edited by Bawll

Again, a nice find. I probably would have never discovered this if you had not posted it. Some issues are discussed here, so my personal worries are somewhat subsided. I'll pass this on to everyone I know to hopefully calm them down a bit. There are still some major issues not being discussed. However, I think those issues are so major that it would be impossible for Bioware to not be aware of them.

I want this game to succeed truely. I'm not here to bash on anyone or anything. I'm just doing my little part to help make sure Bioware sees important issues to ensure a large group of players does not jump ship to the 'next MMO' which will be Tera in a few months.

Just want to help people who actually want the game to succeed. (unlike some one in this thread).

Pass it along to everyone you meet, they also usually post on forums daily in the technical side.

You could ask SR directly via Twitter

I like how the OP is addressing how to "resuscitate" this game as if its "dying" which it most certainly is not. Ya learn that technique in drama class guy?? LOL ridiculous thread

yes. world's fastest growing mmo. is 'dying', because some dude somewhere wants some features and they are not in.

it has to be dying. because he doesnt like it.

i hate wow for giving gaming world this crowd. and i played wow for 5 years and enjoyed it.

Just want to help people who actually want the game to succeed. (unlike some one in this thread).

Pass it along to everyone you meet, they also usually post on forums daily in the technical side.

You could ask SR directly via Twitter

Thanks for being a decent human being. This game won't ever fail I don't think, I just want it to acheive its maximum potential. Once again, great original post OP, nothing you said deserved the harsh retaliation I've seen.

Thanks for being a decent human being. This game won't ever fail I don't think, I just want it to acheive its maximum potential. Once again, great original post OP, nothing you said deserved the harsh retaliation I've seen.

Some of the more serious issues are being addressed in other threads such as ability delay with character animation.

Feel free to link them as I want all these issues to be seen and heard.

Are you serious? Really? "Resuscitate"?

When I logged in tonight, 25% of the servers were Standard load, 50% were Very Heavy, and the other 25% were Heavy.

This game has been live for the general populace for 13 days- THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!! -and the servers are so busy there are queues, and you're talking about resuscitation?

Just how impatient and illogical are people nowadays???

In the case that a person disliked SWTOR, does it not follow logic that that person would rather play a game they dislike for free than pay to do the same thing?

It makes sense that player populations could drop after the initial free period, the same thing has occurred with other games in the past.

You base all your assumptions off of player population at a certain instant in time, it is not at all representative of player population in the future.

In addition, who knows that "Full" means? It is just an arbitrary meaning that Bioware assigned to a number. It could very well mean 5 people, 50 people, 5000 people...etc.

Need Dual Spec.

Need Combat Log.

Need Add on Support.

Need Bioware posts on the forums that actually keep us apprised of what they are doing. For example, all I need to know to decide whether I will keep playing this game or not is whether or not they will implement Dual Spec. Please just let us know.

Note: This is simply a list of issues that we all recognize exist. We all want the best for SW:TOR which is why we bought it in the first place, and if Bioware wants send a signal that it is dedicated to this game, then it would be wise to begin communicating and recognizing issues.

Edit: I am now understanding that some people disagree with the premise that this thread begins with: that the game is in need of "resuscitation." Please ignore that point momentarily if you disagree.

Proof SW:TOR is declining: massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/swtor-uk-sales-take-a-dive/

Well, for those of who may know me (because they despise me) from my rampant pre-launch criticisms of this game, including ones derived from beta experience, it's happening. Most of the beta testers' concerns were not addressed, and that leaves us with the current state of the game.

SW:TOR is a game with great potential. That being said, MMOs only get one shot, and this is SW:TOR's. Bioware MUST implement the following (a consolidated list of fixes that I have heard demanded by numerous people within the community) before the free 30 days game-time period ends.

THE LIST:

- Chat bubbles (with the option to disable for those of us who are introverted within the community, myself included.)

- Add a combat log. I will say this again. ADD A COMBAT LOG. IT IS A *MUST!* A combat log is needed for damage/healing/tank mitigation parses. If you are serious about having guilds progress in non-mediocre PvE content, these are essential.

- ADD TARGET OF TARGET into the game. Over-haul the UI in general.

- Fix bugs in general, but most importantly the ones pertaining to the mail system (where an item can be lost forever if the bug occurs.)

- Add FOCUS TARGETS.

- Fix graphical optimization bugs - i.e. random FPS drops. Many, many people (including myself) are reporting random FPS drops in areas such as the Republic Fleet's various areas.

- Fix aesthetic bugs, such as ones with the apparent color of armor (some helmets turn up unnaturally black, etc.)

- Add a fail safe (purchase confirmation) to item purchases and skill learns. Many people have lost commendations/credits for accidentally misclicking while using a high-sensitivity/DPI mouse and purchasing the wrong item.

- Overhaul the auction house system (GTN.) Add a search option, remove the 50 item limit on your auctions, and add bid/buyout functionality that isn't feudalistic and outdated.

- SERVER FORUMS. THIS IS A MUST TO ENSURE THAT A STRONG SERVER-COMMUNITY MANIFESTS ITSELF!

- More camera options. THE OPTION TO DISABLE "SMART CAMERA PIVOT" SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED!

- Implement a threat parse so that tanks can actually gage how much threat they have on targets. Right now, they are in the dark and they have a disproportionally stressful job. I can personally testify that I don't know a single person, nor do I think such a person exists or is common, that appreciates the current system of things pertaining to threat.

- An LFG system over-haul. I'm not saying it should be automated and teleport you to the location of whatever it is you're doing like WoW does, but there needs to be increased support for this. Perhaps introducing a channel with some extra features dedicated to creating groups would do it.

- Improve your servers so that you do not have to create two separate instances for a mere 50 people in a SINGLE sub-zone. That is just asinine and removes the social/community atmosphere from the game. I bought an MMORPG, not a single-player Mass Effect RPG.

- Fix accessibility to PvP gear. As it stands, many are reporting it is MUCH TOO EASY to acquire.

- Allow people to queue for SPECIFIC WARZONES.

- ADD MACROS.

- A customizable UI with third party add-on support. All healers (experienced healers) that I know cringe at the lack of a customizable UI. Click-to-heal made healing fun. Bioware MUST implement this.

- >>>>>>>Ensure mouse-over heal support.<<<<<<<

- A fix to optimization issues. Great machines are not running this game so great.

- A fix to delay issues that are not related to latency. People have "50 ms" latency and have a 3-4 second delay on select abilities.

- Better customer support. Hire MORE people, HAND THEM a company policy book, and GET them helping people out. No excuse for not having enough people when you knew how much traffic there would be on launch day.

- Buy a better swtor.com server. No reason why your WEBSITE should have queues when practically every MMO, including ones that have been less or more successful, did not have queues at launch, nevermind post-launch.

- Increase the number of players allowed on a server. Don't hide subscription numbers by artificially inflating server size. Reportedly, only 2000-2500 players are allowed per server, which is horrible. Bump that number up significantly, even if it is done gradually, or you're in trouble. The game world is already pretty empty in some places as is.

- Re-instate the appearance unifier, even if temporarily. No reason why a battle-hardened Trooper should look literally like a clown with a rain-bow themed assortment of ballistic armor plates.

- Have community managers COMMUNICATE to the player base that Bioware understands our issues and is working diligently on fixing them. As of now, it appears as though y'all are pretending NOTHING is wrong. Wake up.

- Dissolve the universal PvP bracket. Put in SPECIALIZED PvP brackets instead. A 1-49 bracket and then a 50 bracket would be a great start, but preferrably, just do a 1-30, 30-49, and then a 50 bracket. If the player base grows further (big if here), then dissect the brackets further and specialize them to an even greater extent. A level 50 has much more utility and more abilities in its arsenal than a level 15. Even if they have the same stats, that is UNFAIR because the level 50 has a vested advantage. That's why there should always be brackets, albeit with the boost system retained.

- Work towards providing the PvP community with something with more longevity and something that fosters community. That something is an arena system with arena maps. This would go a LONG way for the PvP community.

- Address content-related player concerns. Let us know what the horizon is bringing, and by this I mean, RELEASE MORE OPERATIONS/WARZONES and RATED WARZONES and give us an estimated time of arrival that is not too far off.

- A space overhaul. Not sure if the Hero engine can handle it, but space combat is just abysmal after the first few flying sortees. Something closer to SWG space but IMPROVED because this is 2011 and not 2004 would be required.

Let me know if I missed something. The aforementioned were the most common issues presented to myself by other members of this community.

If you support this list or want to petition me to add something to it, please say so.

TL;DR: pick a random spot on the list and read it. See if you agree.

That's the list. It's your choice to make this game or break it, Bioware.

Ball's in your court.

It's a check, but will it be a check-mate?

+1 ... almost everything should be implented asap

yes. world's fastest growing mmo. is 'dying', because some dude somewhere wants some features and they are not in.

it has to be dying. because he doesnt like it.

i hate wow for giving gaming world this crowd. and i played wow for 5 years and enjoyed it.

Most of these features are quite valid. It isn't as if they don't make sense, EX: Sith Inquisitors are too powerful so their DPS should be halved etc etc.

If you actually read all of his suggestions, you'd realize that they are of use to many types of players and many player groups, in both PvE and PvP.

Some of the more serious issues are being addressed in other threads such as ability delay with character animation.

Feel free to link them as I want all these issues to be seen and heard.

They were just linked within the previous few pages.

I really enjoy this game, I won't be quitting or cancelling my subscription. I also don't have my head in the sand. Most of the issues in the OP's list do need addressing, some are personal opinion and that is fine as long as there are options for people who don't personally feel the same way can turn them off (chat bubbles for example), the others like say the GTN, need immediate attention.

That being said Bioware really does need to listen and get atleast some of these things fixed in the first major content patch. Releasing NEW content before the current content is fixed is wrong in every single way but somehow developers continue to do it.

Most of these features are quite valid. It isn't as if they don't make sense, EX: Sith Inquisitors are too powerful so their DPS should be halved etc etc.

If you actually read all of his suggestions, you'd realize that they are of use to many types of players and many player groups, in both PvE and PvP.

and almost all of these pertain to hardcore or progressives who want to do endgame raiding, care about whose dps is higher than others, what is the dps, who gets what and who does not get what.

excuse me, but is it too outlandish to propose that people who dont care about 'dps' exist, in gaming community ?

they do. and they have the biggest wallets.

Yeah, I want all that stuff too; game would be much better for it. Quality of life, Bioware, that's where it looks like you really skimped on the development time. I don't think the game's going to die if these aren't implemented RIGHT NOW but you sure as **** need to work on them. There's no excuse for most if not all of these things not being present in the game already besides a rush to release and/or a vain hope that the playerbase would somehow miss the conspicous absence of some basic functionalities expected of a modern MMO.

Good game, just needs to address some basic issues.

Edited by Waiting

- Chat bubbles (with the option to disable for those of us who are introverted within the community, myself included.)

Couldn't care less.

- Add a combat log. I will say this again. ADD A COMBAT LOG. IT IS A *MUST!* A combat log is needed for damage/healing/tank mitigation parses. If you are serious about having guilds progress in non-mediocre PvE content, these are essential.

- ADD TARGET OF TARGET into the game. Over-haul the UI in general.

Couldn't agree more. These two things would increase my gameplay enjoyment tenfold.

- Overhaul the auction house system (GTN.) Add a search option, remove the 50 item limit on your auctions, and add bid/buyout functionality that isn't feudalistic and outdated.

- SERVER FORUMS. THIS IS A MUST TO ENSURE THAT A STRONG SERVER-COMMUNITY MANIFESTS ITSELF!

Yes please.

- Improve your servers so that you do not have to create two separate instances for a mere 50 people in a SINGLE sub-zone. That is just asinine and removes the social/community atmosphere from the game. I bought an MMORPG, not a single-player Mass Effect RPG.

Totaly agree with you here.

- Allow people to queue for SPECIFIC WARZONES.

I would so love to play Huttball on my smuggler, but the knowledge that I'll end up playing the others I am not interested in has stopped me from queing altogether.

- A customizable UI with third party add-on support. All healers (experienced healers) that I know cringe at the lack of a customizable UI. Click-to-heal made healing fun. Bioware MUST implement this.

- >>>>>>>Ensure mouse-over heal support.<<<<<<

<--- cringing healer ;)

- Increase the number of players allowed on a server. Don't hide subscription numbers by artificially inflating server size. Reportedly, only 2000-2500 players are allowed per server, which is horrible. Bump that number up significantly, even if it is done gradually, or you're in trouble. The game world is already pretty empty in some places as is.

It is strange how empty the world feels. We read on the site how well the game does, how many active players there are, but when in-game we run through an empty world...

- Dissolve the universal PvP bracket. Put in SPECIALIZED PvP brackets instead. A 1-49 bracket and then a 50 bracket would be a great start, but preferrably, just do a 1-30, 30-49, and then a 50 bracket. If the player base grows further (big if here), then dissect the brackets further and specialize them to an even greater extent. A level 50 has much more utility and more abilities in its arsenal than a level 15. Even if they have the same stats, that is UNFAIR because the level 50 has a vested advantage. That's why there should always be brackets, albeit with the boost system retained.

I can't even begin to fathom how someone could think that throwing level 10s and level 50s in the same warzone could be a good idea. I enjoy some casual, ocasional warzone/battleground/scenario PvP, but not the way it currently is in-game. Put in brackets and it may be worth looking at again.

Thanks for the feed back guys. As always, I've updated the list again. I'm surprised the thread is rated so low when almost every post agrees with most of the list in the OP.

I believe we're nearing the top viewed and replied list.