Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

That list is mostly spot on, gotta agree with the OP.

I'm not sure I agree on the pvp gear accessibility. It's too random to be called easy. If you're lucky enough you can get many epic pvp pants in a row.

I'd add to the list a fix for EU maintenance hours.

Edited by Makhbet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 instances (flash points) isn't exactly a major content patch.

Spare me the sardonicism please.

Tell that to WoW when they release 3-5 for an expansion.

Wow, its Xugos, the long time troll of this forums... Should have known you were still trolling.

Edited by darthdoll

Tell that to WoW when they release 3-5 for an expansion.

Wow, its Xugos, the long time troll of this forums... Should have known you were still trolling.

If you can somehow tie this lengthy list to trolling, I'll be impressed. Go for it.

Anyone posting on here that believes Bioware's inflated metrics from launch week is delusional. If the game does not receive a major performance optimization in the next few weeks the community will drop to almost nothing.

Most people DO NOT have high end machines. I do. Performance is unacceptable. Anyone who says they maintain 60-100FPS in a warzone is blatantly lying. I don't mean you peak at 60-100. I mean you never drop below 60 in the entire game. That is how this game should be running. It's graphics are barely better than wow and it is almost 7-8 years later.

I'm running an i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz and SLI GTX 580s and sometimes my frame rate dips down to 20-25. Granted it is only for a few seconds but it's unacceptable nonetheless.

If you don't know what a frame rate is or how to display it in game please don't even start an argument that the game performs fine. It does not. Under any circumstance. Getting 110FPS in the starter zone means absolutely nothing to me. I get 110+ in the open world zones. What concerns me is why does pvp never go above 60 fps when the environment is smaller and there is less to render? My graphics cards cost over 1K... So Bioware is telling me I need to get two 590's for almost 1400 because 580's aren't good now? **** Fix your game.

I am having fun in the game - I think resuscitate is too strong a word and not necessary, but this is a nice list of to-do's. I doubt you will ever see an SWG-style space system, though. It's too complicated for the current crop of MMO players. Sandbox is of a bygone era. Edited by Brayla_Sana

Anyone posting on here that believes Bioware's inflated metrics from launch week is delusional. If the game does not receive a major performance optimization in the next few weeks the community will drop to almost nothing.

Most people DO NOT have high end machines. I do. Performance is unacceptable. Anyone who says they maintain 60-100FPS in a warzone is blatantly lying. I don't mean you peak at 60-100. I mean you never drop below 60 in the entire game. That is how this game should be running. It's graphics are barely better than wow and it is almost 7-8 years later.

I'm running an i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz and SLI GTX 580s and sometimes my frame rate dips down to 20-25. Granted it is only for a few seconds but it's unacceptable nonetheless.

If you don't know what a frame rate is or how to display it in game please don't even start an argument that the game performs fine. It does not. Under any circumstance. Getting 110FPS in the starter zone means absolutely nothing to me. I get 110+ in the open world zones. What concerns me is why does pvp never go above 60 fps when the environment is smaller and there is less to render? My graphics cards cost over 1K... So Bioware is telling me I need to get two 590's for almost 1400 because 580's aren't good now? **** Fix your game.

SLI GTX 580s with an i7 2600k is TOP-END. No single GPU beats it, including the 590 which is the best so far.

What you say is alarming. Large-scale raids would be disastrous.

It has something to do with shadows in smaller areas I believe. I'm not 100% sure though.

Some lower end machines, for whatever reason, can run better than high machines depending on the circumstance. My machine runs the game perfectly, with little FPS drop in Warzones. While my friend, who has a machine a bit more powerful than mine (but not by much) has worse FPS all around.

Hopefully Bioware sees it as top priority. I know the upcoming patch has something in it about the shadows issue.

Edited by Jaku

OP is right about every point. Concerning LFG - make it actually create party, so everybody would go for their business anywhere (read any planet) they like, but when the party is found, it is formed (with confirmation, of course) and then people can actually talk about what to do next. This will bring socialization and LFG, easy enough.

I think LFG should take a back-seat to player-driven socializing/grouping, but it should be a tool that promotes the former.

If you can somehow tie this lengthy list to trolling, I'll be impressed. Go for it.

After skimming your list I can say this.

You are a troll, using words like Resuscitate, implying they MUST fix issues or it will die.

Most of the list is not needed.

e.g.

Combat log

Macros

Server Forums

PvP bag - random loot is random

LFG

I am amazed that you are still here after giving the game (which you played a weekend beta) a bad review.

Yes, I remember that, and also remember you have no credibility.

Edited by darthdoll

Not a bad list, not all of it is mandatory for the game to be more fun or succeed but it would help. I support most of the features, while stuff like LFG must be kept server-locked and not cross-server.

And btw, *** does Resuscitate mean? Wouldn't simply 'Rescue' be easier to write? :confused:

Because the OP knows exactly what everyone in this game wants... right?

Seriously, shut your yap and play the game. Or don't. I don't care. They have the first content patch next month already. Why don't we just wait and see what happens before we start the hyperbole and melodrama?

Well, I agree with pretty much the entire list and yet I still play (and, for the most part, enjoy) the game.

Not a bad list, not all of it is mandatory for the game to be more fun or succeed but it would help. I support most of the features, while stuff like LFG must be kept server-locked and not cross-server.

And btw, *** does Resuscitate mean? Wouldn't simply 'Rescue' be easier to write? :confused:

Bad title, but now I'm stuck with it. oh well

While I tend to disagree with most of the fixes the players on these forums recommend, this list seems pretty solid. Hopefully most (Or all) of these things are in the works for the first major content patch

One can hope. Let's hope that Bioware's devs see this list, or some form of it at least, and act upon it. Given the amount of support and approval the list received, it must have many of the community concerned.

So you further prove your lack of foresight. A GREAT portion of this player-base is of players who expected heavy PvP content as well. If they leave, Bioware will suffer, and the PvEers will suffer subsequently.

Why the **** would anyone expect great PvP?

Bioware have been touting this as a story based MMO, hardly ANY focus was placed on PvP aside from a few oh look we have a bit. If people flocked to swtor expecting it to have indepth PvP content they had their heads in the freaking sand.

Resuscitate?! It's not dead, Jim.

The OP's list of demands comes off sounding like he's more interested in playing some other game. "Copy these features so I don't have to do anything different than I'm used to." He didn't even say "please".

I expect BioWare will eventually add many requested features, but in the meantime, many of us are very happy with the game, warts and all. I like the fact that it has its own look and feel. I'm playing KotOR MMO, as both solo and MMO style with a group of friends. I know it still has tons of bugs, some major. But it's an MMO at launch. Week 3, even.

If MMOs were meant to be played for a month or two, BioWare made the wrong choice to release when they did. I think they released maybe 3 months too early, but they were definitely approaching the point where testing could do little more, and the game needed to move on to full-scale operation.

Edited by ArkhamNative

I heavilly agree on all the points you've stated, EXCEPT the arena point. NO JUST NO. If you want a good PvP community, you have to make a GOOD World PvP system, not an arena system. Arena systems make people drift away, messes up the community. World PvP is extremely fun and a good community-builder if executed well on the devs side.

I heavilly agree on all the points you've stated, EXCEPT the arena point. NO JUST NO. If you want a good PvP community, you have to make a GOOD World PvP system, not an arena system. Arena systems make people drift away, messes up the community. World PvP is extremely fun and a good community-builder if executed well on the devs side.

Arena is a good method of gaging PvP ability in a CONTROLLED and FAIR/BALANCED environment. World PvP is almost always lopsided in that it is 5 v 9 etc.