Tracer Missile - Clunky and Boring

spaceball_

Synergy? Having one annoying ability buff all the others is not synergy, it's bad design. Just like most of the arsenal tree's talents. My character feels like a slow, clunky turret because I pretty much have to spam Tracer missile. However, if TM had a really cool animation and sound, it wouldn't be so bad. You can bet the farm the TOR talent trees will be redone before the year is over, or sooner.

If they replaced the animation I would be more happy.

Tbh, I see people complaining that they are a "turret"... why is that a bad thing?? I agree that Tracer missile is annoying and immobile but at the current damage and the abilities it gives, its amazing.

No one class in PvP can take an Arsenal Merc 1v1 really... You sit there, pop shields, spam 5 tracer missiles, unload, rail shot, HS missiles, vent heat, and then repeat. Electro dart can be used if you need to stop an incoming attack or to reposition yourself. When you have the 35% armor ignore, plus the 25% armor reduction from tracer, and then the 25% damage reduction, you're like a tank with armor piercing rounds...

I don't mind Merc at all atm, at least in some aspects of PvE and PvP.

Edited by Skapek-Skocap

Tbh, I see people complaining that they are a "turret"... why is that a bad thing?? I agree that Tracer missile is annoying and immobile but at the current damage and the abilities it gives, its amazing.

No one class in PvP can take an Arsenal Merc 1v1 really... You sit there, pop shields, spam 5 tracer missiles, unload, rail shot, HS missiles, vent heat, and then repeat. Electro dart can be used if you need to stop an incoming attack or to reposition yourself. When you have the 35% armor ignore, plus the 25% armor reduction from tracer, and then the 25% damage reduction, you're like a tank with armor piercing rounds...

Very wrong, marauder,powertech,asassin.operative **** mercs 1v1 at 50

Edited by ZekuSeishin

Synergy? Having one annoying ability buff all the others is not synergy, it's bad design. Just like most of the arsenal tree's talents. My character feels like a slow, clunky turret because I pretty much have to spam Tracer missile. However, if TM had a really cool animation and sound, it wouldn't be so bad. You can bet the farm the TOR talent trees will be redone before the year is over, or sooner.

how would changing the animation and sound make you feel less of a slow clucky turret? you'll still have the same machanics just different sound and animation. you'll still have to STOP and CAST TM? instead of complaining why not come up with some neat ideas the Devs can take with them. Oh if you dont one play style why not try the other (pyrotech?) if that doesnt work then try a completely different class? atleast youve found that you dont like BH now and not 2 years down the track.

DEVS PLZ CHANGE ANIMATION SO I IS BETUR.

If you don't like the mechanics of the class, there's 3 other classes you can play, Mercs are a primarily stationary caster-style class, if you want something that's less stationary, try Powertech, or any other melee based class. Our primary attack is Tracer Missile, of course there's going to be plenty of talents that augment/improve its functionality, go look at talent trees in any other MMO, the bulk of talents are centered around buffing your primary abilities.

TLDR; play something else and let the rest of us enjoy our class, the only problem with Tracer Missile is it's animation.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

You have two kinds of DPS Merc, both rely on a single skill to buff the others.

Option 1, go Arsenal, less mobile, more direct damage

Option 2, go Pyro, more mobile, more damage over time

Compromises have to be made. Pick what you like best. Animation and sound FX will not change the fact that an Arsenal merc is rooted during his or her inductions. Will still be a "clunky turret".

Swapping Tracer Missile with Fusion Missile animation would be ideal. Honestly thought I just really want the sound to Tracer Missile changed. The grinding wind up combined with the mortar blasts isn't great to hear repeatedly.

Thank goodness it does tons of damage though! :D

Please switch the Nuke and Tracer missiles animation!!!

Also, if you could...please allow Mercs to move while using Tracer? <---wishful thinking obviously!!

The devs have already stated they were going to swap the animations of fusion and tracer missiles they just have not completed it for patching to the game yet.

I too would like to see the official response on this.

They posted this on the forums before they did their scrub for the official launch, one of the devs posted that it made sense and was something they would do. I thought Stephen Reid posted some follow up but I didn't see it in the dev tracker, I don't use twitter so maybe it is referenced over there for linking

My Merc is already boring, and I am only lvl 23. Tracer Missile spam just isn't fun for most people. Perhaps if Arsenal had a talent that made ALL missile attacks cause a heat signiture, then it might be more fun to play.

You can have Tracer Missile as a stronger/stationary attack, and Missile Blast as a weaker/mobile alternative without needing to worry about re-setting heat for another 5 tracers. How some of you can stand just spamming one attack for 30 levels is beyond me...

No one class in PvP can take an Arsenal Merc 1v1 really...

What the hell world are you living in?

Also, they need to change the *********** animation. I got so tired of looking like i was walking around pooping, i rolled a lightsaber, and quit playing my merc.

Edited by noeatnosleep

This ability needs a re-design tbh, it was discussed during beta as well. It kinda makes merc in to a 1 button class in pve. Firing constant rockets out of your back does not feel very BH like either.

For a start it shouldn't be a spammable attack as it does very high damage for such a low cost. They should give it a cooldown and a secondry effect, then spread the damage lost across other attacks. Or make it in to an execute type attack where you can only use it if the target is under 20% health

Edited by NasherUK