Mara vs Juggy

Aribethx

Thing you dont undertand is that the "dps" path for jugger is for pve leveling purposes only and not for pvp.

Also most propably is for hyping to justify the specs.

On the other hand marauder job description is pure dps along with some survivability coming from cooldowns.

In pvp its great for pve is crap.

Jugger in pvp is gonna be guardbot - ccer whereas marauder will be pure dps main assist.

Marauder has the potential to do the most dps in pvp due to rage similar mechanics , whereas snipers assassins have bursty damage.

I replied to you on the other forum of marauder versus juggernaut as well, where I pointed out your one sided view and your choosing of a terrible juggernaut with incorrect specs and a pocket healer in the video. I also displayed this video:

of a correct spec for smash.

Now it's time for some arithmetic. Forgive me, friend, if you were unaware of this, but in full GREEN armor, unperked, uncritted smash does 1538-1889 damage. This data is taken from: http://www.torhead.com/ability/5K4KxC8 .

Now for some math.

1538 x 2.45 (15 percent from heavy handed, 30 percent from decimate, and 100 percent from shockwave after force choke and 100 percent from base) is 3768.1.

Double that for a critical hit, which is GUARANTEED if you use force charge or obliterate.

Sorry, it wasn't 8000, it was only 7536.2 damage fully specced.

Jugger, if speced right, can do up to 8000 damage with one smash, I can give you the statistics on that if you like. Also, I'm fairly certain dual wielding doesn't do 100% more on abilities. If someone can confirm or deny this, then I will change or hold my opinion accordingly.

Marauder gets 5% bonus from their offhand to their abilities. A lot of these people running on and on about numbers don't have much experience with the class honestly. Most classes are pretty close in dmg, the margin is very small.

Yes, a fully setup Smash can deal quite a huge amount of dmg reliably. Average one's I have experienced are around 2.5k-4k per target.

Juggernaut dps is a bit lower than marauder atm but BW is planning on fixing that after launch.

I replied to you on the other forum of marauder versus juggernaut as well, where I pointed out your one sided view and your choosing of a terrible juggernaut with incorrect specs and a pocket healer in the video. I also displayed this video:

Now it's time for some arithmetic. Forgive me, friend, if you were unaware of this, but in full GREEN armor, unperked, uncritted smash does 1538-1889 damage. This data is taken from: http://www.torhead.com/ability/5K4KxC8 .

Now for some math.

1538 x 2.45 (15 percent from heavy handed, 30 percent from decimate, and 100 percent from shockwave after force choke and 100 percent from base) is 3768.1.

Double that for a critical hit, which is GUARANTEED if you use force charge or obliterate.

In pvp fully buffed smash does 3k damage with crit. And almost all torhead damage numbers are wrong. Just let you know.

I'm no theorycraft or math whiz, but the way it looks like is that Juggs are "competitive" at end game DPS. I'm not talking about top 2 DPS or anything, but nothing that could make you go "omg that Jugg is doing 5DPS, kick him out" lol.

Now, from experience, this kind of reminds me of Warriors in WoW. They sucked in DPS for a LONG time, then nerfs came along and dual spec came along.

Suddenly, you have warriors running around with a DPS and tanking armor set, swapping specs between pulls and you have a more "versatile" class in your raid.

You fill 2 position in 1 class. You can either be a main tank and "off DPS" or go DPS spec and off-tank trash or bosses. When dual spec comes to this game, I expect that Juggernauts will be as versatile.

Somewhere along this thread I saw a wise saying..."expect nerfs" lol.

It looks like Marauders or snipers (?) might be the first class to get nerfed, and Juggs can get a "fix".

But again, by no means I am saying I know the best...just speaking from past experience.

Now for some math.

In where exactly can you see the damage ur talking about in this trailer.

He does like 400ish sometimes around 1200ish and thats it .

Also the calculation from torhead are wrong and u forget the armor absorbation et cetc.

Thing is in no videos juggs dont hit crit more than 2k i never see it.

I have in close beta 40 jugger and 45 mara and i never seen or receive the damage you tlaking about plus the videos proves this so you keep dreaming i guess.

On the other hand im a veteran in both daoc and warhammer and i know how mythic works ( who are making the pvp in tor as well) and in end game tnaks dont do damage simple as that.

They have other great things for them going on like taunts , detaunts cc but never damage , same thing here so far.

Also the calculation from torhead are wrong and u forget the armor absorbation et cetc.

I have in close beta 40 jugger and 45 mara and i never seen or receive the damage you tlaking about plus the videos proves this so you keep dreaming i guess.

On the other hand im a veteran in both daoc and warhammer and i know how mythic works ( who are making the pvp in tor as well) and in end game tnaks dont do damage simple as that.

They have other great things for them going on like taunts , detaunts cc but never damage , same thing here so far.

You didn't notice the constant 3k's then and the exciting all 3k's in a group of 5 people (essentially 15k damage to the group as a whole with 1 hit) no? okay. Sorry.

First off it's not a "trailer", second of all, if you actually spent at least 3 minutes watching the video instead of being ridiculously impatient you would have seen that right at 2:42 he crits for 3.2k. He crits for 3k+ multiple times and this guy was in crap gear (no offense to him, I was watching his stream when he recorded most of this) and was not playing at the full potential of a Rage Jugg. A rage jugg can do up to 4K with decent gear with this spec.

Yes, using the basic rage builders such as sundering strike and strike (or whatever), that is normal, even a marauder would do the same damage with the same attacks. Did you even get past level 10 with a warrior?

Read what I said at the start...

I have in close beta 40 jugger and 45 mara

Even if you did (which I really, really doubt) then you obviously were not playing the Jugg very well at all...

Cool story bro, this is an ENTIRELY different game, I take it that you didn't read Georg Zoeller's post on the forums where he said that the class design philosophy is to make every spec for every AC viable for its role. So if a Jugg specs for DPS, he is meant to be a viable dps. Just because a Jugg can tank does not mean it is a TANK class. Do you go around saying "HUR HUR ASSASINS CAN TANK, THEY SHUD DO BAD DMG IN PVP AND ONLY TAUNT AND CC"? Of course not. Same thing for a powertech too? No. Then why on earth should Juggs be limited to just TANK? Don't give me this "BECUZ THEN MARAUDERS WOULD SUK!!!" excuse. Marauders have far more group utility than dps Juggs which makes up for their lack of a different role. Are logic and reasoning too hard for you or something?

As for the OP, right now marauders outclass DPS Juggs in terms of damage output and survivability in PvP, but you should probably know that MMORPGs always change and that there is NO point on choosing which class is "stronger", especially at launch, . Right now a well played DPS Jugg can hold its own in PvP but they need some adjustments to be on par with other classes (dps specced). They are buffing the damage output of Juggs and the corresponding damage trees in the upcoming patch. That said, If you like the feel and playstyle of Juggs then play Jugg, if you like the playstyle and feel of marauders play one. Just don't listen to "ursusarctus",he has NO idea what he's talking about, and doesn't seem to realise the dynamic nature of MMOs , especially recently launched ones and neither does he seem to understand class designs in SWTOR.

Sorry for any grammatical slip ups, I'm practically half asleep as I type all this.

Edited by Romick

First off it's not a "trailer", second of all, if you actually spent at least 3 minutes watching the video instead of being ridiculously impatient you would have seen that right at 2:42 he crits for 3.2k. He crits for 3k+ multiple times and this guy was in crap gear (no offense to him, I was watching his stream when he recorded most of this) and was not playing at the full potential of a Rage Jugg. A rage jugg can do up to 4K with decent gear with this spec.

Yes, using the basic rage builders such as sundering strike and strike (or whatever), that is normal, even a marauder would do the same damage with the same attacks. Did you even get past level 10 with a warrior?

Read what I said at the start...

Even if you did (which I really, really doubt) then you obviously were not playing the Jugg very well at all...

Cool story bro, this is an ENTIRELY different game, I take it that you didn't read Georg Zoeller's post on the forums where he said that the class design philosophy is to make every spec for every AC viable for its role. So if a Jugg specs for DPS, he is meant to be a viable dps. Just because a Jugg can tank does not mean it is a TANK class. Do you go around saying "HUR HUR ASSASINS CAN TANK, THEY SHUD DO BAD DMG IN PVP AND ONLY TAUNT AND CC"? Of course not. Same thing for a powertech too? No. Then why on earth should Juggs be limited to just TANK? Don't give me this "BECUZ THEN MARAUDERS WOULD SUK!!!" excuse. Marauders have far more group utility than dps Juggs which makes up for their lack of a different role. Are logic and reasoning too hard for you or something?

As for the OP, right now marauders outclass DPS Juggs in terms of damage output and survivability in PvP, but you should probably know that MMORPGs always change and that there is NO point on choosing which class is "stronger", especially at launch, . Right now a well played DPS Jugg can hold its own in PvP but they need some adjustments to be on par with other classes (dps specced). They are buffing the damage output of Juggs and the corresponding damage trees in the upcoming patch. That said, If you like the feel and playstyle of Juggs then play Jugg, if you like the playstyle and feel of marauders play one. Just don't listen to "ursusarctus",he has NO idea what he's talking about, and doesn't seem to realise the dynamic nature of MMOs , especially recently launched ones and neither does he seem to understand class designs in SWTOR.

Sorry for any grammatical slip ups, I'm practically half asleep as I type all this.

Agreed 100% /signed!