avishaii

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

let's see,

in voidstar- losing side swarms to one side totally ignoring the other, bombs can also be set while they're all right nearby-no one uses aoe, or attacks the person setting the bomb (1 point of damage will stop the person from setting the bomb).

in aldaaran- losing side will run off in all directions looking for easy kills, never trying to protect what they capture if they do.

hutball- losing side will have most of it's players off somewhere the ball isn't, no one wants to pass or even notices that they have the ball if they ever get it.

seen these and more, happening on both sides, when your team has players that want to win and work together instead of just going out to kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, -CC and kill in the right places and times- you end up in a team that walks right over the other guys.

real problem is a lack of team effort- everyone rushing off to where there is fighting, not going where they need to be if they want to win. no coordination/cooperation.

side that works together better is more likely to win, - they can be beaten by the team that works together, has experience (not levels), has a plan, and has prepped for the fight.

getting a PUG to work together is a lot like nerf herding .....

let's see,

in voidstar- losing side swarms to one side totally ignoring the other, bombs can also be set while they're all right nearby-no one uses aoe, or attacks the person setting the bomb (1 point of damage will stop the person from setting the bomb).

in aldaaran- losing side will run off in all directions looking for easy kills, never trying to protect what they capture if they do.

hutball- losing side will have most of it's players off somewhere the ball isn't, no one wants to pass or even notices that they have the ball if they ever get it.

seen these and more, happening on both sides, when your team has players that want to win and work together instead of just going out to kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, -CC and kill in the right places and times- you end up in a team that walks right over the other guys.

real problem is a lack of team effort- everyone rushing off to where there is fighting, not going where they need to be if they want to win. no coordination/cooperation.

side that works together better is more likely to win, - they can be beaten by the team that works together, has experience (not levels), has a plan, and has prepped for the fight.

getting a PUG to work together is a lot like nerf herding .....

HAHA true. But with the lower population of Republic players theres less varieties and rotation in the players you get qued with so most of the time if you qued with some Pubber noob last game you'll probaly get qued with him again the next..

On my server Republic loses most of their games so really... there isnt a choice.. I fear if Bioware doesnt fix this soon enough the Jedi would be non-existent on my server... Bioware could probaly just mix the Imperials, and Republic on the same team which would most likely fix the problem but would probably enrage a bunch of Imp geeks.

They will probably fix it within the next two weeks, start implementing a level 50's bracket. Republic's loses alot on my server as well. We just lack the man power to get enough good players. =/

They will probably fix it within the next two weeks, start implementing a level 50's bracket. Republic's loses alot on my server as well. We just lack the man power to get enough good players. =/

its not fun to play when you always lose

its not fun to play when you always lose

yup. Though I'm finding that the republic players while getting steamrolled at hutt ball and usually late game warzones. I'm finding us able to take the advantage for the first half or so of a warzone. Not huttball. We always lose at huttball. But my current line of thinking is that the imperials play so much huttball that they are too good at it. While the republics, even thru losing is gaining advantage in alderaan and voldstar. We have less huttball, queue times etc. So we get more war-zones than they do. But whenever I play on voldstar, usually Alderaan, we always wipe the floor with the sith first half.

Edited by Andrew_Waltfeld

Levels, numbers....

Numbers don't have anything to do with warzones.

Levels.. well.. levelup then. I have to say I had just as much fun as lvl 30 then i do at 50 when playing warzones though.. I didn't feel gimped cause of lvl's. Now that people are getting PVP gear I can see the issue though so lvl 50 only warzones woulnd't be a bad idea for the future.

The overall game balance is absolutely amazing for the game just to have been released, in different situations some classes shine more then others, but thats how it should be like.

Tweaks will always be needed, but I think the game balance is spot on.

Agreed. However, when ALL ranged classes out DPS melee classes and have multiple CCs that render melee classes defenseless it's pointless to play a melee class in PvP. It's absurd.

Edited by Esoda

Agreed. However, when ALL ranged classes out DPS and have multiple CCs it's pointless to play a melee class.

what level and class are you?

I just had an idea:

LvL 50 warzone where you can turn all that earned pvp into straight cash and double commendations.

and then a normal pvp where you might **** more but take a loss on things.

Incentive.

Edited by CoreofexisteNz

Agreed. However, when ALL ranged classes out DPS melee classes and have multiple CCs that render melee classes defenseless it's pointless to play a melee class in PvP. It's absurd.

Im playing a Jedi Sentinel and I am ALWAYS highest damage and kills, every single BG I play without exceptions.

Its all about practice.

Numbers have nothing to do ? Well they obviously do. When most republic players are late comers and quiters.

That has to do with the community. NOT the number of players in a warzone. I cant help it that all 12 year old boys want to play a jedi.

37 sentinel

Thats the tank class isnt it? I might be wrong: If it is the tank spec, you cant hope to beat most ranged.

If it is not the tank spec but a damage spec. stick with it.

The outrageous damage high levels outdamage you with is only because your skills and gear arent up to date yet.

Melee CAN rip me apart... sometimes. :) although I wouldnt be a decent pvper if I didnt use everythign at my disposal to keep the distance between us. Rocket punch 9 sec cooldown, jet boost 20 secs. Dont stand near a ledge ;)

I am a merc. Arsenal spec

Thats the tank class isnt it? I might be wrong: If it is the tank spec, you cant hope to beat most ranged.

If it is not the tank spec but a damage spec. stick with it.

The outrageous damage high levels outdamage you with is only because your skills and gear arent up to date yet.

Melee CAN rip me apart... sometimes. :) although I wouldnt be a decent pvper if I didnt use everythign at my disposal to keep the distance between us. Rocket punch 9 sec cooldown, jet boost 20 secs. Dont stand near a ledge ;)

I am a merc. Arsenal spec

Its the DPS class.

i played in 5 6 pvps and the sith are always win

i dont think the game is balance

i will play more to check whats its going on but i asked other players and they said

they only won once 1/10 and others never win

so where is the balance?

it depends who has the most high lvl's on the teams. 90% of the time its who has the most high lvl's wins. but the 10% of the time its players exploiting and possible hacking.

There is balance... BUT... the Sith PvP much more than the Republic. It is not uncommon to find a Sith with his valor = to his level. Many Sith level off of PvP. This means they have a lot more experience and know the tactics for playing a good huttball game.

I hear all the time from Republic players on my server that they don't have room for the huttball ability on their hotbar so they don't use it. Its tough to accept this generalization. But I have a 36 SI with 32 valor and my Republic Commando is 22 with 15 valor. My SI has higher valor than most people I pvp with on the Republic side. Meanwhile, the Sith have many people at 50 valor on my server. That also adds to the "imbalance" that you see.

The classes are mirror images and the PvP grounds are mirror images. There is only experience to separate the two sides.

There is balance... BUT... the Sith PvP much more than the Republic. It is not uncommon to find a Sith with his valor = to his level. Many Sith level off of PvP. This means they have a lot more experience and know the tactics for playing a good huttball game.

I hear all the time from Republic players on my server that they don't have room for the huttball ability on their hotbar so they don't use it. Its tough to accept this generalization. But I have a 36 SI with 32 valor and my Republic Commando is 22 with 15 valor. My SI has higher valor than most people I pvp with on the Republic side. Meanwhile, the Sith have many people at 50 valor on my server. That also adds to the "imbalance" that you see.

The classes are mirror images and the PvP grounds are mirror images. There is only experience to separate the two sides.

if they are mirrors why republic always lose? and not only on hutball

i have a freind that played already 60 times on pvp and only won 1 time

so if you still think there is a balance you wrong

Did you read my post? The empire lives in PvP matches. The Republic do it as a hobby. The Imperial Experience trumps the Republics lack of dedication to learning effective PvP tactics.

EDIT: ALso go do some research:

Sorcerer (Abilities and Talents) = Sage (Ability and Talents)

Commando (Abilities and Talents) = Mercenary (Ability and Talents)

Sith Warrior (Abilities and Talents) = Jedi Knight (Ability and Talents)

etc... etc... etc...

Every class has an EXACT mirror to the other on the opposite side.

Edited by Kahldor

Do you know anything about hockey? Well, year after year, the Penguins win most of their games, generally do very well in the play offs. While the Islanders lose most of their games and don't come close to a spot.

Must mean that the Penguins have faster skates, sticks with rocket propelled handles, while the Islanders have to play with weights on their skates and blindfolds- because according to you that's the only logical explanations for one side doing consistently worse than the other.

Can't possibly have to do with where the better pvpers went, it has to be the game being extremely one sided.

Bioware can't make the bad pvpers not want to be Republic, or the good pvpers not want to play on Empire- it's pretty common for better pvpers to want to play the more 'hardcore' side.

Another thing, maybe if your team make up wasn't always 6 jedi knights you'd do a bit better- if Republic had people who rolled healers they'd probably win from time to time, but relying entirely on melee dps classes to win? Ya, keep doing that and wondering why you lose Republic, clearly you're pvp geniuses if you can't figure that one out.

balance comes with pvp gear

i didnt believe it but i got to admint that its really balanced for this early stage of the game

if all sides got full pvp gear its really hard to kill anything and the game speed slows down extremly.

even healing works then