Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tried out WoW after playing SWTOR...

Blogmonster

Couldn't stand playing WoW, logged off and uninstalled. Won't touch it again even with a 10ft pole. I might reconsider if Bioware took over its development and added bioware story telling.

D-:<

SWTOR4Life.

Edited by Blogmonster

Couldn't stand playing WoW, logged off and uninstalled. Won't touch it again even with a 10ft pole. I might reconsider if Bioware took over its development and added bioware story telling.

The graphics in WOW are terrible compared.

and yet within the next 10 post somebody will say TOR's graphics look like something off an 8 bit game boy

SWTOR4Life.

You're probably one of those typical people who watch Dancing with the Stars and have no true vision of real talent.

Edited by Vitiatix

The graphics in WOW are terrible compared.

and yet within the next 10 post somebody will say TOR's graphics look like something off an 8 bit game boy

TOR's aren't much to brag about either, have you seen the amount of blurry textures....

You'd have to be a monkey on crack not to see the amazing artistry that has gone into WoW, it's an amazing game in many ways.

For some reason it is very popular to have played it for many many years, then all of a sudden completely hate it.

Or even hate it while they're still playing.

Takes'em all I guess ;)

Edited by DashFiss

SWTOR4Life.

SWTOR4Life, i am guessing you are a fan?

And even with an 8 year difference WoW never had UI-responsiveness issues.

keep it coming. there's not enough hate yet in this thread. i know you have other material to post.

so far WOW perfected at launch the

UI

Graphics.

We'll update this more as the thread progresses.

annd boom goes the dynamite. i was close to 10 responses in.

why don't you tell me how you expected the graphics to rival even the best looking games in the gaming industry.

Just so you know, it's only making you look desperate and embarrassing by begging for attention. It doesn't take anyone with but half a brain to know a TI-82 will be less prettier than an Intel I7 processor.

keep it coming. there's not enough hate yet in this thread. i know you have other material to post.

so far WOW perfected at launch the

UI

Graphics.

We'll update this more as the thread progresses.

gameplay.

"What's the most important aspect about any game? Well, bein' able to ****in' play it."

-James Rolfe, the AVGN

What UI issues? I have not had any issues with my UI in the 33 levels I have played.

He's probably referring to the fact that you can't even rescale the base UI or show simple things like how many seconds are left on your dots and buffs.

WoW had those two things at launch and had an AddOn API to boot.

gameplay.

"What's the most important aspect about any game? Well, bein' able to ****in' play it."

-James Rolfe, the AVGN

WoW did not perfect gameplay at all. Blizzard just stole what was already working for Everquest and did nothing to try and change it. Everything Launch WoW was was just EQ in the Warcraft world, Blizzard employees themselves said they stole so much from EQ.

He's probably referring to the fact that you can't even rescale the base UI or show simple things like how many seconds are left on your dots and buffs.

WoW had those two things at launch and had an AddOn API to boot.

Simply because you have to play minorly different from WoW does not at all mean the UI is broken.

Edited by Kemosobe

SWTOR4Life.

I know, plus its all gnomes and elves and dwarfs all that stupid cartoon fantasy crap. I don't know how any adult can stand looking at it for more than 5 minutes. I have no idea why kiddies love it so much. Its just dumb.

Have you seen the banner ads on every webpage with the gnome bouncing up and down and waving his hands around? My god, so stupid. Painful, even.

Its the Justin Bieber of gaming.

TOR's aren't much to brag about either, have you seen the amount of blurry textures....

yeah... i have to admit it really hurts my eye when i take/turn in daily quests at the Republic fleet quest terminal everyday...

WoW did not perfect gameplay at all. Blizzard just stole what was already working for Everquest and did nothing to try and change it. Everything Launch WoW was was just EQ in the Warcraft world, Blizzard employees themselves said they stole so much from EQ.

lol wow you *********** ******, WoW and EQ do not PLAY or FUNCTION at all like each other. go play EQ right now, and go play WoW, then please come back. and don't post here again until you've made a laughable video comparing to the two while i listen to your ******* talk on vent or mumble at how terribly wrong you were. the only thing that WoW "stole" from EQ is the IDEA of a flourishing end game with massive raids.