The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I would pay money for instant lvl 50

Vladozz

haha, yea i love end game in mmorpgs

but ive done the lvl 1 to max lvl so many times

But not in the same game.

I'd love the fact that I hit level 126 in Asheron's Call to filter down to all the other MMOs I've played... but it really, REALLY doesn't work that way.

1-cap in ANY mmorpg is about learning to play your class. That's why you're given all your skills gradually.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

I'm at the other extreme...I love levelling up my toons :)

Had 8x lvl 90 combat toons in SWG. All levelled ATK. Also levelled up all my toons to 'Ace Pilot' over 55 times in total (33 times on my main alone).

It's a disease I know :p

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

I think it would make sense to let people make lvl 50 characters purely for pvp. Some games already do this. So, if you want PVP, you can get it right away.

Personally, I find that many of the systems in this game are inflexible. Respeccing is difficult. Dual-Spec would be great. I think it would create more variety in the game, rather than subtract from it. For me, I think the more options we have the better. However, my guess is that many people feel that more options fracture the community.

I don't agree. I think the community will always be fractured. It would be interesting to see the stats. For instance, how many people only focus on Class missions? How many even do Heroics? Flashpoints? PVP? How many reach lvl 50?

I'm betting that the more specific your question gets, the more exclusive the community gets. This is all just my humble opinion, and I hope someone will find it useful.

I think it would make sense to let people make lvl 50 characters purely for pvp. Some games already do this. So, if you want PVP, you can get it right away.

No, please just no :(.

Isn't there enough whine about X to strong, Y to weak?

With insta cap level you get even more whine as all this wannabes have absolut NO idear how to play the class. They will just jump from FOTM to FOTM with every patch.

I love PvP ... but nearly all PvP players are a bane for forums!

They get killed by someone -> jump to forum and whine "nerv his class, buff my class".

And it realy doesn't matter, what DEVs try to solve this (in most cases WRONG whines), the same guys will whine 1 minute after patch download "you totaly failed @DEVs" EVEN if they implement exact what this bays whined for!

In additions the guys who ask for insta caps are most times the one, who play 1 month and switch to the next game.

Want instand cap? -> this way to CS, BF3 and all the other brain dead games!

This.

If you lack the patience to level from 1 to cap (No offense intended) then the MMO genre is not for you.

Really? Sounds like MMO is exactly the genre for him. MMOs are all about max level content (or should be, since that's what keeps people playing). If you enjoy leveling than you should be playing a SP RPG.

That said, since there is so little end game for this, what good would level 50 do you?

haha, yea i love end game in mmorpgs

but ive done the lvl 1 to max lvl so many times

My cousin is the exact same way. He will be with WoW until they shut the down all the servers because he hates leveling and lives for end game.

I'm the exact opposite. When I get close to level cap I start thinking which character I am going to roll next. I absolutely hate the end game hampster wheels :D

Really? Sounds like MMO is exactly the genre for him. MMOs are all about max level content (or should be, since that's what keeps people playing). If you enjoy leveling than you should be playing a SP RPG.

That said, since there is so little end game for this, what good would level 50 do you?

I hate end game and love leveling but unfortunately I am in the minority.

/sigh

No, please just no :(.

Isn't there enough whine about X to strong, Y to weak?

With insta cap level you get even more whine as all this wannabes have absolut NO idear how to play the class. They will just jump from FOTM to FOTM with every patch.

I love PvP ... but nearly all PvP players are a bane for forums!

They get killed by someone -> jump to forum and whine "nerv his class, buff my class".

And it realy doesn't matter, what DEVs try to solve this (in most cases WRONG whines), the same guys will whine 1 minute after patch download "you totaly failed @DEVs" EVEN if they implement exact what this bays whined for!

In additions the guys who ask for insta caps are most times the one, who play 1 month and switch to the next game.

Want instand cap? -> this way to CS, BF3 and all the other brain dead games!

Bioware could alleviate this somewhat by having a PVP subforum (if it does not already exist).

However, I understand your point. Still, the FOTM stuff will always exist. People in EVE online have to train their characters to be effective at PVP, but it still does not prevent the rampant FOTMism that exists in that game. I think that will always exist. Players will always min/max the games they play.