And now I know why the game limits group sizes so small

MercArcher

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

100 vs 100 pfft try EVE has playable, nearly lag free, PVP up to 800 vs 800 and I have even been in the server crashing 2400+ person fights.

Different Games, Different Engines. You can compare stuff all you want, but for being brand new in the MMO space Bioware has imo done a good job of fixing the bugs and issues since launch. They still have a long way to go, but what game doesn't?

you know about games my friend :)

i remember wow.. i started on patch 1.2 and it was LAG all the time... server queue's all the time.. crashing with more than 20 to 25 ppl casting **** near you...

i remember seen 60fps then going to 3 or 4 in a second..

wow has been out for 7 years... so take it easy.. all games have problems.. this one for me is one of the best games with less problems since launch.

i remember wow.. i started on patch 1.2 and it was LAG all the time... server queue's all the time.. crashing with more than 20 to 25 ppl casting **** near you...

wow has been out for 7 years... so take it easy.. all games have problems.. this one for me is one of the best games with less problems since launch.

Thumbs Up sir.

Just had a roughly 40v40 in Ilum I'm on a core i7 oc @ 3.9 ghz, an Radeon HD 6970, 12 gb ram. I average ~150-200 FPS and it droped my FPS to single digits and then crashed the game of half the people in the zone.

This game handles crowds terribly.

If so then devs must be stupid or something!

This game has been in development for at least 6 years. A lot of the issues we are having now have been well known since closed beta testing STARTED. And they have still barely been acknowledged by the devs. With these problems this is by no means the smoothest launch I've seen.

Wow this, wow that, wow this, wow that.

Go back to wow ? really?

Comparing a 7 year MMO to a 15th day one is just plain stupid.

Wow is VERY good NOW because they "tunned" the code.. early builds of Wow SUCKED. you had 20players on your screen and you CTD'ed (and dont lecture me on this, i played wow since alpha and i know what i am talking about here.)

Plus blizzard had large ammounts of online game developing experience, ALL the code they create tunned for that. Bioware still lacks that experience.

You all look like a bunch of chickens on speed.

:D

finally someone that really knows how **** was...

i remember crashing wow serveral times just by people spaming...

just search on youtube 40shaman vs 40 paladins... ull see wow lag as it used to be 6 years before your easy to play wow nowdays..

I see this complaint on EVERY mmo game forum that has some PvP in it.

Someone tell me ... what MMO game can take 40vs40 PvP and NOT drop the FPS to single digits?

Seriously .. WTH do you people expect?

Eve Online, ohh and they have only 1 server world and last time i looked they had over 50.000 players online.....

Getting back to the OP...

8v8 Warzones is lame, and 40v40 World PvP is not a lot to expect from a game launched a year late with lots of beta testing and EA sponsorship! Sure, MMO's have issues at launch, but ffs, these standards can be beaten by indie/F2P games!

that sounds strange, im on fleet nearly all day on my crafter and my fps never drops below 80 with just 1 580 (but its a Ti 2gb, not 1) My guess is your not getting the full benefit of SLI, which isnt the first time ive heard of it in swtor.

There's no such thing as a 580 Ti, you mean 560 Ti?

My cards have 1.5 VRAM. But to the point, I'm pretty sure SLI is funky with this game. I'll turn off SLI and see what my performance is with a single 580.

Not to be all pro WoW and stuff but...

I was in a 100+ vs 100+ wintergrasp match in WoW before they put size caps on the teams and I was able to play fine with my fps not dropping below 20. This was on a low end two year old gaming PC with me playing from Australia. I should also point out that WoW has had a 40 vs 40 battleground since it first launched that most people can play fine. Large scale battles in mmos can be done.

you do realize that this game has crappier graphics than WoW right? Of course you can do larger battles...

I know it makes you feel warm inside to type things like that, but the truth is SWTOR does not look all that much better than WoW but performs much much worse right now.

Agree.

In fact there is no difference in the standard of gfx between SWTOR and WoW... I'd even go as far to say that lighting and bloom effects were better in WoW, yet this game puts a huge load on my GTX580. I run BF3 full ultra and getter better fps/temps than SWTOR.

I played on a RP server in WoW in patch 4.3 before SWTOR came out and I can tell you won't find 100v100 battles in WoW either. It isn't so much the computer, but the servers.

Ever since Blizzard introduced flying into the classic zones (they basically remade the old world with Cata) the load just couldn't be handled so you had lag spikes within each concentration of 40 or more. Nothing like standing there for 8 seconds waiting for an attack to go off.

Point being, MMOs have never handled massive battles to the level of performance that we PC gamers come to demand.

Agree.

In fact there is no difference in the standard of gfx between SWTOR and WoW... I'd even go as far to say that lighting and bloom effects were better in WoW, yet this game puts a huge load on my GTX580. I run BF3 full ultra and getter better fps/temps than SWTOR.

Question is, what IS better? Is, "better", a matter of performance or quality? Some of the best games in the world have the lowest quality, but damned fine performance (WoW is probably the best example of this for the MMO genre). Very rarely will you find a game that has awesome quality, crappy performance and be rated a "better" game.

Right now I'd put SWTOR as in between, decent quality, but notable performance issues that prevent it from being "better" than anything at the moment. Should the performance issues get fixed....well I'd say we have the potential for something nice.