The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I unsubscribed, and here's why.

jzelol

I don't quite understand why so many people are making such an uproar over this game. Someone a few posts back stated that they are here talking about the game because the game sucks....and that if it didn't she/he would be playing.

Do you have nothing better to do than sit around and jump onto forums of games you don't like to spew nonsense and babble on about the state of the game, all the while trying to bring up any point you possibly can in order to shed a bad light onto the community/game?

If so, I encourage you to find a new hobby as your current one is unhealthy, shameful, embarrassing, and pathetic. If you do not enjoy the game, do not play said game, and do not attempt to undermine it just to get a rouse out of others.

We enjoy the game, you don't. Let us enjoy it....go join a TOR haters club somewhere else on the internet, or just play a different game.

WoW should not be compared to TOR as they are two different games (regardless of their similarities). Allow TOR to either rise to the top, or fail...for it will do one or the other and it certainly does not need a bunch of whiners on the forums to do it.

They are a bunch of adolescents with self esteem issues trying to feel like big shots...or they are paid shills. I don't think paid shills are this dense though.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be the funniest thing i ever read:)

None of them are level 50. In fact the rerolls are lasting fewer and fewer levels.

There is zero incentive to level or pvp because it's already dominated by 50's...not that it would matter as the lag/fps drops in WZ's make pvp almost impossible anyway.

So that leaves...yeah rerolling and redoing coruscant. Great. Not really.

Because WoW is so much better? Also I'm pretty sure I didn't say ANYTHING about WoW except to disagree with some tool who claimed TOR was a much better launch, then you and that other one kept it going?

I couldn't care less about WoW - that doesn't mean I don't think it's a much better game. It is, and the millions of people playing it compared to what will be a couple of hundred thousand playing TOR in a few months is all the proof that will be needed of that FACT.

Umm no actually unless u can predict the future that isnt a fact, thats just you talking out of the ***...

One fact we have is this game have had the most smooth launch of any mmorpg out there i have tried and yeah that is a fact... Another fact is i went back to eq2(a mmorpg i i loved/love btw) a month ago, and no even after 6 years that game still had way more bugs than this title...

Umm no actually unless u can predict the future that isnt a fact, thats just you talking out of the ***...

One fact we have is this game have had the most smooth launch of any mmorpg out there i have tried and yeah that is a fact... Another fact is i went back to eq2(a mmorpg i i loved/love btw) a month ago, and no even after 6 years that game still had way more bugs than this title...

You really need to click on "customer service" forum. Now.

None of them are level 50. In fact the rerolls are lasting fewer and fewer levels.

There is zero incentive to level or pvp because it's already dominated by 50's...not that it would matter as the lag/fps drops in WZ's make pvp almost impossible anyway.

So that leaves...yeah rerolling and redoing coruscant. Great. Not really.

So umm basicly u are complaining that the game have no replay value because u have played the same damm starter planet 5 times, instead of actually i dont know level up and explore new places??

I think a lot of people are missing the point here.

Yeah, WoW had plenty of problems, and even pre-Burning Crusade it was hellish and downright unforgiving in the endgame. Classes were imbalanced and server issues were frequent. (Arthas, the server I played on, was down for 4 days at one point. That was unacceptable).

But WoW is the current behemoth in the MMO world. Yes, it has an elitist community riddled with trolls and negativity, but when a current anticipated MMO meets its doom, we still find ourselves back there; back to the familiarity, despite its current hilarity that Blizzard is making of it.

That said, if MMO's want to compete in this market they can't afford to release a game in a piss poor state. I understand almost every game will have some debilitating bug(s), but if they become too annoying players aren't going to bother to stick around long. Especially when the Powers that Be do not respond to the mirth of problems. EA's history with its customers are shaky, at best. That alone frightens a lot of people.

I am having fun with the game. I'm only level 30 and still everything is fresh. I enjoy the Flashpoints and Heroic Areas, but the server lag and evading mobs and several more well known problems are pushing me away from supporting this game (and Bioware) in the future.

Will I continue to subscribe? Yes I will. But my concern for this game isn't whether or not I'm going to be playing it for the long run: it's whether or not YOU will be there to play with me.

The consensus seems that this game will fade to the background. I don't want this to happen, but I'm truly beginning to believe that's what will transpire in the future months.

You really need to click on "customer service" forum. Now.

Lol so because moron 1,2 and 3 cant make their computer work and they come here whining about it, its bioware who have made a bugged product?? I dare you to find ANY forum for ANY game where the forum isnt flooded with morons whining that xxx-company just caused their damm computer not to work...

Fact of the matter is that the number of story/software related bugs in this game are very minor compared to other games at launch... and yeah i know that there is a 1 or 2 close to gamebreaking bug in BH story quest, and whoever is responsible for that deserves a good kick in the groin, but give it a few weeks and i am sure it will be fixed...

Lol so because moron 1,2 and 3 cant make their computer work and they come here whining about it, its bioware who have made a bugged product?? I dare you to find ANY forum for ANY game where the forum isnt flooded with morons whining that xxx-company just caused their damm computer not to work...

Fact of the matter is that the number of story/software related bugs in this game are very minor compared to other games at launch... and yeah i know that there is a 1 or 2 close to gamebreaking bug in BH story quest, and whoever is responsible for that deserves a good kick in the groin, but give it a few weeks and i am sure it will be fixed...

Stop being optimistic, it goes against all the people who are complaining here. How dare you?!?!

Will I continue to subscribe? Yes I will. But my concern for this game isn't whether or not I'm going to be playing it for the long run: it's whether or not YOU will be there to play with me.

The consensus seems that this game will fade to the background. I don't want this to happen, but I'm truly beginning to believe that's what will transpire in the future months.

Somebody gets it. If the fanboy idiots just stopped for a minute and realised that there is a VERY large number of people who simply won't tolerate this shoddy effort for long - and that they will be left with a drastically reduced playerbase - then the game is ALREADY DEAD.

That is exactly what happens to every other fail mmo. This game should never have been released, it's not nearly ready.

And what consensus is that excactly?? The senate of morons(shady,lionell, mannic and a few others) on these boards who consist of the same 5-6 people jumping in every thread telling us how horrible this game is??

Most other mmo's failed due to their beta state. Even if they are great games now (see Conan for an example) - it doesn't matter, the damage is done in the first month.

The damage is done and SWTOR will be a failure. This is a fact.

If that is true I will enjoy as much time in SWTOR as I can because I love it

And what consensus is that excactly?? The senate of morons(shady,lionell, mannic and a few others) on these boards who consist of the same 5-6 people jumping in every thread telling us how horrible this game is??

Just as there are the same 5-6 fanboys that will angrily defend this game, even when someone (ie: me) is trying to give credit to the developers? I'm trying to be on your side here.

But honestly, take a step out of these forums and read other forums, or comments to online reviews. There's plenty of concern there, too. Not just here where someone is attempting to snag the attention of Bioware or EA because they felt robbed.

Edited by tpanisiak

Most other mmo's failed due to their beta state. Even if they are great games now (see Conan for an example) - it doesn't matter, the damage is done in the first month.

The damage is done and SWTOR will be a failure. This is a fact.

Sadly I see this being true.

Because everyone else is busy. Doing what? Oh, I dunno... PLAYING THE FRIGGIN' GAME?

I'm really not trying to point out the hypocrisy in this post.

But I'm not too sure where your anger is being directed to. I'm not attempting to say this-is-that; this is my first time posting on these forums. I felt justification to add my opinionated statement. I currently have Star Wars: ToR tabbed in the background and I'm about ready to do a space battle before bed.

I have concerns that I may one day get to tell my nerdy friends that I was amongst the last people playing TOR before it was shutdown for good.

I do not want this to happen. But I cannot help but feel this is where it's heading for. I can be compromising and tolerant of future patches and feedback from the developers / publishers - but I can't rally the customers that already feel dissapointed.

Edited by tpanisiak

I'm really not trying to point out the hypocrisy in this post.

But I'm not too sure where your anger is being directed to. I'm not attempting to say this-is-that; this is my first time posting on these forums. I felt justification to add my opinionated statement. I currently have Star Wars: ToR tabbed in the background and I'm about ready to do a space battle before bed.

I have concerns that I may one day get to tell my nerdy friends that I was amongst the last people playing TOR before it was shutdown for good.

I do not want this to happen. But I cannot help but feel this is where it's heading for.

You are most likely feeling this way because the world is going to end in 11 months. Its normal to feel this way. Its ok

In my opinion the naysayers should just allow the game to die or flourish. Your opinion means next to nothing compared to the vast majority, and frankly, there is no way to know what the vast majority thinks.

Either support the game by playing and posting constructive feedback/stories/comments or let the game die if you believe that it will. There is no need for naysayers, trolls, or underminers....you just add drama and make the community that much worse.

Just as there are the same 5-6 fanboys that will angrily defend this game, even when someone (ie: me) is trying to give credit to the developers? I'm trying to be on your side here.

But honestly, take a step out of these forums and read other forums, or comments to online reviews. There's plenty of concern there, too. Not just here where someone is attempting to snag the attention of Bioware or EA because they felt robbed.

link or it didnt happen

Edited by antiviolence

You are most likely feeling this way because the world is going to end in 11 months. Its normal to feel this way. Its ok

Apparently prophesied by a culture that (while holding great knowledge of our Galaxy) sacrificed virgins frequently to make the sun and fall daily?

I won`t be paying any subscription either i`m afraid.

The current generation of MMO games are all in decline this style of game play has grown boring why on earth they have copied it is beyond stupid. Ultimately the story line was reasonable for my Bounty Hunter nothing like as good as other games by Bioware. The questing system was very dull basically all the same grinding kills and collecting crap.

SWTOR for me just wasn`t fun I didn`t like the graphics they are bland and lifeless exploring the world seeing the same rock formation and buildings cut and paste randomly looked like a rush job to me and failed to hold my interest I actually found the game play Gruelling even job like.

Everything about this game needs improving everything I`m amazed they released it with so many features missing. It’s not an MMO it’s barely a CO OP because 20% the time your off on your own unrelated stories. Gear 3 had 4 players CO OP a million times more fun and better PVP. Most single player games offer story line and co op play and online PVP for free, with completely new content being added for the cost of a month’s subscription.

Ultimately all the MMO offers is repeatable dungeons and raids which rely on quality game play and finding groups , Outside of that a in depth fun crafting system which are currently all broken and not user friendly I see no point in this game what so ever.

I have come to a decision that MMO games are just a waste of life in my opinion and the lowest form of gaming for quality and least rewarding for your time. Lifes to short to spend hours begging people to join you in a flashpoint which is bugged anyway.

I’ll be on Xbox Live chatting having and a MMO experience on BF3 and full HD life like graphics where I can drive tanks fly jets in a lag fee skill base game along with my friends. I get a better Frame rate on BF3 with 64 people going at it than with 20 in Hutt ball.

If I want story Ill play Skyrim and Mass Effect or read a bloody book the point of a game is game play that`s what makes it fun or not a good story is a massive help but not as important and will only hamper the speed and cost of new content.

Thanks Bioware I have enjoyed all your other games wish you all the best with Mass Effect3 I believe if you had been more like Mass Effect and less like WOW It would have been a winner.