I have experienced NO "Ability Delay" at all.

Klarick

Ive read the post concerning what a very small few are calling an "ability-delay" or lack of responsiveness in combat. I've tried to recreate the issue and can't. Im not sure there is any ability-dalay whatsoever; however there may be a "learn-to-play" issue. This is not meant to be argumentive so please keep it civil. What I mean is that some are really used to just button smashing combat (WoW), or being able to queue abilities (LOTRO), and are missing one of the neatest features of SWTOR: The Combat.

In this game, to maximize your damage, you really need to focus on your character and watch their swing (Im speaking as a Marauder here). You CAN NOT start another swing until your last one finishes. This is not "ability-delay" this is actually having a game that is trying to move the genre away from button smashing and into something a little more logical. Watch your toon and time your swings -- works great and is much more fluid than a simple button smasher style combat. I love it!

I for one hope they change nothing about the combat system. The combat is the most fun I have had in an MMO and I have played the majority of them.

I also hope they realize only a very small, vocal minority, are complaining and leave it alone.

I disagree. The animations are way too flashy for the combat to be so slow.

They should either fix the ability delay or change combat animations from their current state (Episode I/II/III/V/VI style lightsaber combat) to Episode IV style combat where you just stand in place and make very slow, tactical movements.

You must play like Grandma.

Make a sith warrior and get to like level 6 or something. Use Force Charge and then immediately Slam. Your Slam won't happen until like two seconds after you told it to.

It sucks.

My Sith Marauder is 40 and I PvP constantly. I also do pretty well in PvP to the point where i think the Marauder may be a little OP. I dont get the issue. Seems fine to me.

My Sith Marauder is 40 and I PvP constantly. I also do pretty well in PvP to the point where i think the Marauder may be a little OP. I dont get the issue. Seems fine to me.

You are either blind or trolling. Not sure which.

I guess you are just lucky. Good for you.

I do have problems as a healer. And I've seen these exact same problems in WAR.

Many of the developers on this game worked on WAR.

And they used arguments such as yours to convince themselves that there were no bugs in WAR. Now that game is languishing away and down to one US server. Its a shame and a sin. I don't want SWTOR to go down the same road.

Ive read the post concerning what a very small few are calling an "ability-delay" or lack of responsiveness in combat.

Really? Well I just read a post where even less ppl is saying that they dont have ability delay problem.

Edited by AlexRose

Yea this makes no since to me.I play Sith Marauder,well I say I play the class,but to be honest the situation is keeping from seing everything the class can do.

You are either blind or trolling. Not sure which.

I have noticed this Klarick trolling at least three or four times prior to this. He stands out simply because he takes one of the most talked about problems in the game then creates a thread saying it is perfect. If he didnt create the thread I wouldn't know him if I fell over him. Another troll thread.