How to craft color crystals that have different colors

Xevzii

How to craft color crystals that have different colors like Advanced Black-Red Hawkeye Crystal?

You used to be able to get the schematics for those by RE the ones that dropped from content, but you can no longer do so.

If you don't already have the schematics for the non-trainer +41 stat crystals you won't be able to craft them. You can't get the schematics by RE anymore, and it's only the purple schematics that still occassionaly drop from open world (check the gtn, but the prices are high for those).

How to craft color crystals that have different colors like Advanced Black-Red Hawkeye Crystal?

The Advanced Black-Red Striated Crystals are in collections, and look almost the same, I think. I'm not sure where they came from though.

EDIT: I meant to suggest that maybe there are similar "replacements" for other color crystals you can't craft any more. I don't know.

Edited by JediQuaker

Isn't that particular one sold on one of the PvP vendors? Other than that learn Artifice and the schematics to craft colour crystals, which colours you can craft are limited now.

There used to be some other schematics in the game from certain crystals. I’m sorry but I can’t remember who or how as it’s been so long. I don’t think any of those extra crafted schematics are available anymore. I know because I can crafter mastery ones which aren’t at the crafting vendor.

It’s a little like the extra dye schematics you can get seperate from the crafting trainer.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

There used to be some other schematics in the game from certain crystals. I’m sorry but I can’t remember who or how as it’s been so long. I don’t think any of those extra crafted schematics are available anymore. I know because I can crafter mastery ones which aren’t at the crafting vendor.

It’s a little like the extra dye schematics you can get seperate from the crafting trainer.

I thnk there's a handful of schematics scattered around reputation vendors, but I may be confusing them with dye schematics, and there are definitely some (formerly) REable schematics that can't be obtained currently by RE - here I'm thinking of the ones you could RE from certain crystals that dropped from Ops bosses, that sort of thing.

Red (Empire side), blue(Republic), purple and orange crystals with a black core and purple with the standard core still occasionally drop in operations, the cyan recipe came from PVP as far as I remember. Until the crafting overhaul with 4.0, or was it even earlier some time in 3.X :confused:, players with artifice were able to RE them and had a 10 or 20% chance to learn the recipe.

For a time that even worked with crystals someone else had crafted, once you had bound them to yourself. If the inability to fix that bug or for other reasons, RE crystal recipes was taken out of the game. Those who had those recipes didn't lose them, similar to people with the old synthweaving or armourmech recipes. But new players starting artifice can't learn them anymore.

The only recipes outside the trainer I know of these days are the Magenta crystals, they drop from world bosses and random mobs or critical mission success from either treasure hunting or investigation (I think).

Red (Empire side), blue(Republic), purple and orange crystals with a black core and purple with the standard core still occasionally drop in operations, the cyan recipe came from PVP as far as I remember. Until the crafting overhaul with 4.0, or was it even earlier some time in 3.X :confused:, players with artifice were able to RE them and had a 10 or 20% chance to learn the recipe.

For a time that even worked with crystals someone else had crafted, once you had bound them to yourself. If the inability to fix that bug or for other reasons, RE crystal recipes was taken out of the game. Those who had those recipes didn't lose them, similar to people with the old synthweaving or armourmech recipes. But new players starting artifice can't learn them anymore.

The only recipes outside the trainer I know of these days are the Magenta crystals, they drop from world bosses and random mobs or critical mission success from either treasure hunting or investigation (I think).

4.0 saw that change. I'm fairly sure there is a chance for the schematic to drop in the PvP crates you earn, although I'm not sure what I'm basing that on. There wasn't any clarification from BioWare in regards to the changes iirc. Are you sure about the Magenta Crystals? That used to be a bit of a mission across planets (Tatooine, Hoth, Ilum and the planet that gets blown up...)

4.0 saw that change. I'm fairly sure there is a chance for the schematic to drop in the PvP crates you earn, although I'm not sure what I'm basing that on. There wasn't any clarification from BioWare in regards to the changes iirc. Are you sure about the Magenta Crystals? That used to be a bit of a mission across planets (Tatooine, Hoth, Ilum and the planet that gets blown up...)

Earlier this year, my trooper looted a magenta ( non-outline ) crystal schematic off a random standard mob at the Black Hole while grinding for the 10k kill achievement. This is a +41 stat item. It is not available in collections.

Edited by Tahirri

As for the schematics in PVP crates, I don't know, not playing much PvP myself so no idea what is in the crates.

The Magenta Crystals (at least the +41 one I never bothered with the lower variants) used to require special materials you needed to do some extra effort for.

Collecting Rough Adegean crystals from rare spawning mining spots on Alderaan, then water from the vaporators on Tatooine, freeze that up in the icy winds of Hoth. Head to Ilum to summon a rather challenging force ghost from a depleted adegean crystal formation after drinking the water and defeat it, then pick up another special crystal from the crystal formation for each person in the group that had the frozen water buff. That part was unique on pick up, you only ever could have one at the time in your inventory and/or bank. You then next had to merge the rough adegean crystal from Alderaan and the piece from Ilum into a refined adegean crystal on Korriban (only know where you had to go for the Empire) at a device at the back of some stone column in the valley where the tombs are. And then build the Magenta Crystal with it and the rest of normal grade 6 materials.

These days though the Magenta crystal is build like all the other crystals too, directly from the crafting window without any special material required any longer.

Edited by Khaleijo

These days though the Magenta crystal is build like all the other crystals too, directly from the crafting window without any special material required any longer.

That part I do know, just wondered if that questline had been removed from the game with the crafting changes, much like being able to RE certain crystals to have a chance at learning the schematic. I still occasionally craft the Magenta crystal.

I used to have some alts parked on Alderaan at those rough crystal spawn locations, I think those are gone from the game, that force ghost on Ilum, since I couldn't find the the crystal formation where you could summon it when looking for it today I guess everything related to the Adegean Crystal stuff is gone.

Though it never was a real quest line, more like a puzzle to earn those special materials. Still added to the flair and the "explore the galaxy" feeling though.

Edited by Khaleijo

Advanced Red-Black crystals can also be bought at Underworld Exchange vendor in Cartel Bazaar section of fleets. However, they cost CM Certificates, which are tricky to get (outside Night Life event their only source are old packs and the slot machine decoration). But at least, getting reputation with Underworld Exchange is easy.

Been playing for years..and..let just say crafting is so boring and mind numbing in this game, and a pain in the *** as well..I never bothered .

Homewhever, after all these years..I really gotta know !

Can you craft Purple crystal for Lightsaber at all ? I was told no..a long time ago . ANd since I never bothered...

couldn't confirm it myself .

So..can you ?

Once in a blue moon I've had schematics for crystals drop as extra rewards from crew missions. I think maybe twice. It's always been for crystals that are one color, though. My artificer does have recipes for pink/purple, yellow/orange and yellow/blue but I am 99% sure those all came from the trainer. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Been playing for years..and..let just say crafting is so boring and mind numbing in this game, and a pain in the *** as well..I never bothered .

Homewhever, after all these years..I really gotta know !

Can you craft Purple crystal for Lightsaber at all ? I was told no..a long time ago . ANd since I never bothered...

couldn't confirm it myself .

So..can you ?

You can craft 2 crystals that look similar to a purple colour