Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What's amazing about this game?

Sarfux

1. The fact that it is fully voiced is amazing. I get so immersed with watching them speak to me in full voice. Nothing is corny about it. All lines are great sounding.

2. The music. Everytime I go into a zone or on a planet I find myself not wanting to leave. Everyplace you go, the music is so amazing and I love the fact that it is setup wonderfuly and comes on perfectly at everytime when the cutscenes happen.

3. The graphics are wonderful. The environments look so good everywhere I go. The game runs so smooth, and the effects such as bloom, full screen effects, make this game look very good. It is stunning actually when you are on Alderaan looking at Castle of Organa and that amazing music comes on. It hits you in a good way and gives a good feeling

4. The customer service. I always ALWAYS get things resolved with them right away. They are always there for me when I need them. They seem to get back to others right away.

5. The combat. The combat is very fun and always keeps you on your toes. It is really exhilirating, fast paced, and the powers/moves are really unique looking. I like the fact there is no auto attack so you can actually PLAY the game and feel you are controlling your character more.

6. BioWare. This is the biggest thing that is right for this game. BioWare's first entrance into the mmo world has been HUGE. One of the smoothest launches ever in the mmo world. BioWare has made some great innovations to make every mmo made now even better than they were before TOR. TOR has significantly improved gameplay and the way the game is delivered to you. More and more people are finding other mmos to be very very boring after playing TOR, even if they are complaining about somethings in TOR. Bioware did a genius thing with the VO and dialogue choice, I believe no other mmo will survive without it.

7. Dialogue choice. This is one of those things that also change the industry. Never in an mmorpg were people able to choose what they want to say or choose the things they will do at a later date...right now. This is the real thing. A game with choice? and in an mmo? It is what a lot of people have wanted in the industry for a while and it's finally there.

8. It is not boring. Other mmo's, especially in start zones, you feel like you are getting older and just...getting so bored because you just sit there flinging your magic spells at a boar. In TOR...at low levels, you are flipping with your jedi, force pushing them, using telekenetic mind controls on them, taking on mobs of 3 or 4 or even more and just all around feel like you are an epic character at EVERY level.

9. It is Star Wars. The best feature of this game is because it is Star Wars. Who hasn't dreamed of being there with their own personal story inside the Star Wars universe with other people online to! Star Wars is the best thing to happen in the mmo world. Cause cmon...who would you rather be..an elf or an evil, mind crushing, force lightning, killing Sith Warrior :p

Now I am not speaking for everyone when I say this is the best game ever. But this is singlehandedly the best game I have ever played. It gives me that feeling of completion, it gives me the feeling of choice, it has the music, it has the gameplay, it has the extensive worlds, the following something but not following TOO much, it is not too linear, it is fun VERY fun. It is kotor 1000000x on crack!! THAT is the best thing. KotOR and KotOR 2 are my favorite games in the whole world. This game gives me such big flashbacks when I am playing in of being in kotor and exploring with the choices.

In my opinion, THIS GAME is the best mmorpg that will continue to improve over time. The more time goes, the more time they have to improve on things. Chill out guys :) and just remember, you are playing TOR and have fun :) Don't be so negative and let the positives of this game make you feel better :)

I'm gonna stop you right there. And leave.

Agreed. The OP in this thread is the first person ever I have seen say they actually got helped by the customer service. There are massive threads in the CS forums where it is unanimous that they do not answer tickets or resolve anyone's issues. I want to know what the OP's secret is to getting them to answer his tickets or if he's just making it up entirely.

Even if you don't like the game.. you have to admit that is big ground breaker for the mmo industry...

A huge waste of money. Try listening to 200 hours of the same voice over work on 8 characters. You only get about 3 hours of new voice overs with a new class. It will drive you literally insane.

Fail is fail, is fail.

A huge waste of money. Try listening to 200 hours of the same voice over work on 8 characters. You only get about 3 hours of new voice overs with a new class. It will drive you literally insane.

Fail is fail, is fail.

Everytime you choose a different decision than the last time in conversations..it changes what they say to you...and your light side or dark side destiny is based on how people interact with you. I have gotten differen't lines being said to me many times based on the decisions I made previously. Anyway, glad you hate the game :) get out then :)

Even if you don't like the game.. you have to admit that is big ground breaker for the mmo industry...

It's really not, the only thing it does is spice up the leveling process (which is great, i'll give you but not 'groundbreaking') with a completely neglected endgame and poorly balanced PvP.

Edited by Hurlbag

Everytime you choose a different decision than the last time in conversations..it changes what they say to you...and your light side or dark side destiny is based on how people interact with you. I have gotten differen't lines being said to me many times based on the decisions I made previously. Anyway, glad you hate the game :) get out then :)

LOL! No, it doesn't. Take it from a June Invited Beta tester, regardless of the option, you still get to the same place, with different words. Kill Joe the Quest Giver 1 time, then letting him live the next in no way changes the story or anything, just you killed Joe the Quest Giver.

Gotta love the people that just come into a positive thread and be negative. They must get off on that or somethin...

So you just want people that agree with you to come into your thread? That's not how a forum works.

Edited by Lyonel

LOL! No, it doesn't. Take it from a June Invited Beta tester, regardless of the option, you still get to the same place, with different words. Kill Joe the Quest Giver 1 time, then letting him live the next in no way changes the story or anything, just you killed Joe the Quest Giver.

Ah, so now the fact that you were a June beta tester is relevant.

I joined on Oct 22 2008. Over a year before you. I suppose this means something as well?

Agreed. The OP in this thread is the first person ever I have seen say they actually got helped by the customer service. There are massive threads in the CS forums where it is unanimous that they do not answer tickets or resolve anyone's issues. I want to know what the OP's secret is to getting them to answer his tickets or if he's just making it up entirely.

Well considering this game came out on the 20th I'd be surprised if they weren't flooded with tickets...

Edited by Oappo

Fail is fail, is fail.

I've seen the Star Wars films quite a few times each. I don't get bored with repeating stories. Not everyone is like you and I doubt everyone is like me...ergo speak for yourself only matey :p

P.S. I agree with most of the points from the OP.

Not sure on the customer service one.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

3. The graphics are wonderful. The environments look so good everywhere I go. The game runs so smooth, and the effects such as bloom, full screen effects, make this game look very good. It is stunning actually when you are on Alderaan looking at Castle of Organa and that amazing music comes on. It hits you in a good way and gives a good feeling

Clearly dosen't know what he's talking about....Just from that statement....Grpahics are not Amazing, i wouldn't even calm them console level. Until they add in the High res textures it'll be meh...And the game isn't amazing by any stretch you fanboy...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.