If you are a pvp-player, Stay away from this game

Cuddlyhoney

If you want competetive and skillbased pvp, dont play this game,

laggy bg's

delay after every animation destroys timing ( even interrupt spells )

no bg or neither arena with rating

gear means absolutely NOTHING

Talking of gear, getting gear is completely RANDOM

open pvp is dead

80% casuals

Cya, till we got some rated wz's or arena.

too bad I've bought this game for 50+26 bucks.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want competitive and skill based pvp why the **** are you playing an mmo

was thinking the same myself..

This game was primarly Advertised as an Story Driven MMO, not that excuses some bugs on pvp (especially those nasty delays on abilities). But even so, this isn't a really competitive pvp game, there's other games in the market right now for that purpouse.

I kinda think the Swtor PvP is more like a fun thing to do, instead of a task that is mean to an end. Said that, i Still love the PvP ^^.

The only people who think it isn't skill based are the ones losing. There's a reason I can destroy people as a sniper while other snipers get slaughtered. If that isn't skill, then the definition is obviously different from the dictionary one and you need to be using a different word.

Okay, first thing I have to say, give it some time. They have some major issues they need to fix concerning cast timers. The Dev team responded, and acknowledged this issue, and said it was currently being worked on.

My second thing I would like t point out is, this game is less than a month off release. Cool your jets. WoW had ****** pvp, and battle grounds up until near second year. Bugs need to be fixed, and classes need to be adjusted. I hate all the snares and stuns. In my opinion, no place for that much in a BG.

In conclusion, give them time. If you dont like it, quit, and come back in a year or two. What do you want them to do? Beg for you to stay till its fixed? I say good riddance if you have no patience.

Pretty much this. There is no competitive and skill based pvp mmorpg game.

Not sure if you've noticed, but WoW's arena has made it into WCG (world cyber games) and many other competitive leagues/tournaments/events.

Apart from the rogue-mage-priest period long ago, teams are generally quite varied in these competitions lately, a sign of some decent balance. Gear is a non-factor in these competitions because they are all in the best pvp gear, or are given preset gears. So it's really down to skill and teamwork. These are the best of the best teams battling each other I'm talking about, not some premade vs pug battleground where 'skill' isn't really required to win.

Not saying this game should have all that on launch, but just saying they do exist in MMO's.

If you want competetive and skillbased pvp, dont play this game,

laggy bg's

delay after every animation destroys timing ( even interrupt spells )

no bg or neither arena with rating

gear means absolutely NOTHING

Talking of gear, getting gear is completely RANDOM

open pvp is dead

80% casuals

Cya, till we got some rated wz's or arena.

too bad I've bought this game for 50+26 bucks.

Not everyone lags, I don't

I have no animation delay either...

They are planning to add rated warzones for competetive pvp.

Gear means ALOT especially at 50

Gear is half random drop and half commendation spending, just like pve.

Open world PvP on Ilum is THE way to increase valor in order to progress to higher pvp gear tiers.

Made up statistic.

Edited by niminion

Yep... guild wars 2 will curb stomp this game on the pvp front. Casuals will stay here but everyone else will be playing that game.

Wait... are you trying to say that game that is made from the very core to suit PvP will be better in PvP then a game that have main focus on PvE and story? HOW BRIGHT! :rolleyes:

Not in any game, no MMO has ever been a decently competitive game, its just not what they are designed for

Correction.. WoW was a competitive based mmo in its time and still is on occasions.Look at the likes of pademic and other WoW guilds that actually played that particular MMO competitively

lol "competitive skillbased pvp" in an MMO? Not since Ultima Online. You meant to say "competitive gearbased pvp".

PS- I don't lag in WZs but I have a few guildies that do and can't do much to help them. I occasionally get animation delays while doing quests, like I think my target is still alive and I'm spamming an attack and it isn't working then suddenly the target is dead... annoying.

IMO pvp is fun, and there's almost no other MMO game out there at the quality level SWTOR is that isn't a hack'n'slash fantasy/medival clone that the MMORPG market is overflooded with. Too bad Tabula Rasa had practically no pvp, since combat was fun in that game too.

Edited by Sookster

Yep... guild wars 2 will curb stomp this game on the pvp front. Casuals will stay here but everyone else will be playing that game.

LAL ... As much as I am looking forward to GW2, these kind of comments - you are funny. Being a no lifer in a MMO is not something to be proud of or something required to enjoy MMOs.

As for the WoW comments ... after 7 years Blizz managed to give players mindless arena death matches and forgettable war zones. I don't think that TOR should follow that path with PvP. Also watching wow pvp is very boring.

lolz my imaginary toon is gonna so pawnzorz you in the face on your imaginary toon can i is leets behind a pc :p .

Umm get over it ? maybe?

Always intresting to see that people take gaming way to seriously .

Its just a game people relax , take a deep breath, eat a cookie. It will be alright.