Not Happy Bio-ware!

Loqtus

This legacy system is ******** where is the info about it!

I have been following this game for awhile now and I have not heard anything about it! Can anyone link me to where its explained on this site I have looked but cant find it anywhere it doesnt help that there is no search function. I had to go to another website to find out anything about it. Nothing under game info or game systems about it!!!

***!

I didnt know that it would be shared for ALL characters regardless of faction! I just picked a name I thought was suited to my Sith character but I do not want it for my Jedi there should be a choice to opt out of the legacy system especially when at the moment it serves no purpose! Or a ability to change it!!! OR at least some information explaining it on the GODDAMN WEBSITE!!!

I love the role playing aspect of this game I want my Sith to be evil and have a evil sounding name and I want my Jedi to be good and have good sounding name and never shall the two meet but now there is a connection between the two that I REALLY do not want and cannot change.

I have asked customer sevice if they could please reset it so I could choose a more neutral name and they said no.

I am so pissed right now!

This is the lastest in a growing list of disappointments for this game (ie space combat on rails, no item purchase conformation, no australian servers till at least March, limited character customisation just to name a few)

None of which are by themselves a major issue but when added altogether they are making me question if I will continue to play!

And before all the fanboys get in my *** about this thread let me just say that I am a fanboy too I pre ordered my CE months in advance and participated in beta weekend and early access but Bio-ware is making it hard for me to continue to love this game.

I dont mean to whine I am just frustrated and really disappointed at this latest development and need to vent it. I know its my fault for picking the wrong name but I think Bio-ware has not explained this system very well at all.

TLDR: I picked a legacy last name that I don't like, and it's Bioware's fault for not making it obvious it was for every character, regardless of faction.

OP, it's a last name. The nicest and baddest dudes in the universe shared a last name: Skywalker

Whats worse is that this game focuses, and they do it intentionally, on creating alternative characters - rerolls.

This is not actually "worse", it's completely outrageous and come to think of it it deserves a whole new, stand alone, thread.

This is bad because they have confirmerd that the legacy concerns/changes/gives more options w/e when you create a new character. Then, please, tell me what I'm supposed to do with the characters I'm leveling now? My 50 is doomed because of how legacy works I guess but the other ones? Do they expect me to wait and stop playing, leveling, as they finish this system?

I would rest calmly had I known that we could add such options post launch of Legacy but at this point this don't seem to be the case.

While I do feel your pain and very much endorse a system where you can delete present legacy and start over completely I still find what I have described to be a more gamebreaking issue, one that possibly can't be adjusted "on the go", if that turns out to be true I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Will I quit the game? Absolutely not, I love it. I love Bioware. I love mmos. I'm here to stay. Sadly this does not mean the implementation, information and application of the Legacy system is looking to be great for players such as myself - players who already rolled alts...

The only reason I can see why they wouldnt have a seperate Legacy name for republic and IMPs is that in the future they plan to allow players to change allegiances based on how they have played the game with theirs light and dark side choices.

The only reason I can see why they wouldnt have a seperate Legacy name for republic and IMPs is that in the future they plan to allow players to change allegiances based on how they have played the game with theirs light and dark side choices.

This was their plan all along I really hope they figure out how to make it work. I don't understand why it needs the legacy system and why they decided to go legacy to unlock things like more customization for characters. They expect people to reroll a few times and expand their 'family', but not everyone wants to play that way.

TLDR: I picked a legacy last name that I don't like, and it's Bioware's fault for not making it obvious it was for every character, regardless of faction.

OP, it's a last name. The nicest and baddest dudes in the universe shared a last name: Skywalker

Well when I got to pick my legacy name I tabbed out of the game and did a little googling to understand what it was about.

Funny thing is the first link I went to explained it pretty well on how it was for all characters and what not. So its your fault not Biowares.

The "I win button" is not in this game.

Hm. That's funny. I knew exactly what the Legacy surname was well before launch.

Your fault for not researching the feature before using it.

• 1 month later...

My suggestion:

Bioware can keep their Legacy name as it stands.

We can hide it on all of our characters.

-Make it FAR more evident that the Legacy applies to all characters on the server.

- Add a Surname feature where we can choose a Last name for each character seperately. This would not be unique, and could be shared amongst players. Heck, charge game money for it, and treat it as a title we type in ourselves.