The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why is this claimed to be not a real mmo?

Kedeli

sure, but when people complain about this not being an MMO, my argument is what they are talking about.

your argument about MMOS would be like me saying we need to include justin Bieber in a dicsusion about real music

Justin Bieber and Lady GaGa were in Times Square last night. They both seem real enough to me. I may not like his music, but a lot of people buy his mp3s.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Bieber and Lady GaGa were in Times Square last night. They both seem real enough to me. I may not like his music, but a lot of people buy his mp3s.

oh, for sure its real... but its not what people would talk about if they where trying to answer the question of what is music.

5) No Macros, Hell even FFXI back in 2002 had them. Simple ones like /cast "spell" "target" would go a long way

Macros is for the bad players who need to press 1 button and complete their dps rotation

since this was brought up with FFXI in the qoute. I am going to add that macros was used by good players in ffxi, you needed macros to peform gear switches for diffrerent spells in 1 fight. and you almost HAD to do this to be any worth in the game

Edited by ZEROUMUS

I read these forums a lot, but rarely post. Been reading less and less since the massive QQfest began, but here's my $0.02:

Am I seriously the only one who is having a legit MMO experience playing? I login, check out my auctions, BS in the general chat and then I'm off to knock off a few quests or FPs.

I play a Sniper and have had zero trouble finding groups for flashpoints. I use the built-in LFG tool, which I'll agree is only marginally effective since few people take advantage of it. But for people saying they say "LFG" in general chat and are met with silence, seriously what server are you guys on? I'll try to get a group started and in about 15 minutes we're well on our way.

There are tons of people playing this game. I run into many people from zone to zone and there are always 3-4 people in general chat running daily heroic quests. Maybe it's just my server, but Iron Citadel is hoppin' no matter where I quest. Sometimes during off-peak hours it takes a little bit to find a healer or something, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm actually enjoying the leveling process for the first time since my beginnings of WoW (at which point I was still in high school and had ridiculous amounts of free time). I was one of those guys who was really excited for AoC when it came out and I had an absolute blast playing levels 1-20. It's like that, except the game isn't endlessly broken and that awesome interactive world is 1-50 instead of 1-20.

I think people need to chill out. Sorry if you don't like the game, but here's the best part:

If you don't want to play it...you don't have to!

I might give the wrong impression, i am having fun playing at the moment.

but i would not consider this a true mmo just as i would not consider almost all the recent releases to be real mmo's

my feeling about this game is very positive actually, but there is always room to improve things. how the developer responds to good improvements vs bad "improvement" suggestions is what will determine if this game lives or dies

Edited by ZEROUMUS

I read these forums a lot, but rarely post. Been reading less and less since the massive QQfest began, but here's my $0.02:

Am I seriously the only one who is having a legit MMO experience playing? I login, check out my auctions, BS in the general chat and then I'm off to knock off a few quests or FPs.

I play a Sniper and have had zero trouble finding groups for flashpoints. I use the built-in LFG tool, which I'll agree is only marginally effective since few people take advantage of it. But for people saying they say "LFG" in general chat and are met with silence, seriously what server are you guys on? I'll try to get a group started and in about 15 minutes we're well on our way.

There are tons of people playing this game. I run into many people from zone to zone and there are always 3-4 people in general chat running daily heroic quests. Maybe it's just my server, but Iron Citadel is hoppin' no matter where I quest. Sometimes during off-peak hours it takes a little bit to find a healer or something, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm actually enjoying the leveling process for the first time since my beginnings of WoW (at which point I was still in high school and had ridiculous amounts of free time). I was one of those guys who was really excited for AoC when it came out and I had an absolute blast playing levels 1-20. It's like that, except the game isn't endlessly broken and that awesome interactive world is 1-50 instead of 1-20.

I think people need to chill out. Sorry if you don't like the game, but here's the best part:

No - I am having a fully baked MMO experience. My Trooper is 38th now and I have done most of the heroics with groups. I often get invited into a group just for standing around in the area because I am playing a Tank. I play in groups daily and do all the flashpoints with folks multiple times usually.

I have made over 100k in the Galactic Trade Network with both drops and crafted items so there is a market starting to form and people are buying crafted items, mainly mods.

I engage people in chat and guild chat and do things with guildies who are looking for groups too. All in all, an MMO experience to be sure.

The bonuse for me is questing does not feel like grinding at all and I love the Dungeons (flashpoints). Using Rift (solid, good game) as a reference I did not want to do dungeons often because they did not feel very epic. Flashpoints do. I LOVE Taral V and the Follow up Prison Break Flashpoints, they were awesome fun. I found a group for each in under five minutes.

Stargate.

It had a movie and a series. Why not an MMO too?

;)

It was tried... and all compagnies ended up dead...

IMO, Stargate was cursed when season 1 of SGU came out(A pitty... I wanted to find out if Elay(?) would survive his bold plan at the end of Season 2... but we will never know)..

I don't understand when people say "Failed mmo failed mmo." What's a successful mmo? Does an mmo have to beat WoW or be equal in order to be successful? It seems according to most posters there hasn't been a successful mmo since WoW and EvE. What's ironic is that Aion and Rift both have a bigger player base than EvE but they are considered "Failed mmo's." What is a successful mmo?

/signed.

Today I was getting a bit pissed because there were too many people looting my quest objectives. But, that good old MMO kind of pissed.

Every new MMO receives sizable amounts of hate from the players that want it to be some other kind of MMO. This one is receiving more, because it's a higher profile title.

Because they took out the massive part with their shards only very few people are to be seen out in the world. I might see some at the major bases but besides that I rarely run into anyone. Hoth was so lonely I thought I was playing a single player game. Edited by Caldric