Finally!

GalenDurron

Finally got my Legacy (and thus last name). Took me forever to get to this point, I was starting to get antsy in fact, so I even skipped all of Alderaan altogether and just did the class quests there. I'll come back to it of course but so glad I finished Act 1. I have no idea how people are level 50 already, it's just downright crazy. I mean I play A LOT, and it took me till now to finish Act 1 (and hit 35 just shortly after) Truly awesome game so far. Might take a break after clearing out the current quests in my journal, and play my smuggler a bit.

Just thought I'd share this, cause I was very pleased. Still have a hard time understanding how people can already be max level. Just goofy.

I have 2 50s.

And a 45. Dunno how its hard really. Playing an average of 4 hours a day, which imo, is not really that unreasonable.

2 50's and a 45!? That's sheer lunacy!

Do you skip through every single cutscene and find every possible way to exploit the mechanics to gain the maximum amount of XP possible?

(I don't mean exploit in a negative way, just the actual meaning of the word, not the negative connotations associated with it when applied to gaming)

Because I have no idea how that's even possible to get where your at. And what is even the point of getting to 50 as soon as possible? I mean, for every MMO that's ever been out, the content at the max level when the game first comes out is lacking because your not supposedto jump to the top in the 2 weeks after launch. How can you even enjoy yourself? Yikes.

You do not play efficiently.

Efficiently? It's not a job, it's a game, and it's supposed to be just that, a game. When you start talking about efficiency, the game becomes work and that's no fun (unless your a photographer for like Loaded magazine or something....mmm Sophie Howard..sorry got sidetracked)

Games shouldn't be thought of in terms of fastest route possible, or streamlining. Your supposed to take your time and actually experience the full game. Otherwise, what's the point? I mean, it's an MMO, you can't exactly "win". There's no real end, it's all about the journey.

100% approved of this post! sure it takes a long while to complete chapter 1 but it FEELS GOOD to complete it. :D

It really does feel good doesn't it? I mean I feel silly saying this, because it's just a game and all...but I feel a sense of accomplishment about it. It feels good to have achieved it, and it was really funny getting to this point.

Efficiently? It's not a job, it's a game, and it's supposed to be just that, a game. When you start talking about efficiency, the game becomes work and that's no fun (unless your a photographer for like Loaded magazine or something....mmm Sophie Howard..sorry got sidetracked)

Games shouldn't be thought of in terms of fastest route possible, or streamlining. Your supposed to take your time and actually experience the full game. Otherwise, what's the point? I mean, it's an MMO, you can't exactly "win". There's no real end, it's all about the journey.

There's plenty of ways to have fun while playing efficiently. PvP a lot? That's great xp. Play in a group doing quests and flashpoints together? Even better xp. Complete a quest solo and you get y xp, complete it in a group and you get y xp + y/4 per groupmember who finishes that quest (the group bonus applies to any quest or bonus objective a groupmember finishes, it doesn't matter if you are on it or not). Just minimize the time spent at the fleet doing nothing and you'll level a lot faster.

2 50's and a 45!? That's sheer lunacy!

Do you skip through every single cutscene and find every possible way to exploit the mechanics to gain the maximum amount of XP possible?

(I don't mean exploit in a negative way, just the actual meaning of the word, not the negative connotations associated with it when applied to gaming)

Because I have no idea how that's even possible to get where your at. And what is even the point of getting to 50 as soon as possible? I mean, for every MMO that's ever been out, the content at the max level when the game first comes out is lacking because your not supposedto jump to the top in the 2 weeks after launch. How can you even enjoy yourself? Yikes.

No, On my first character, I saw most of the cutscenes. On my second, every quest I did before, I skipped, because I know the lore behind it.

I never skipped class quests.

Im pacing myself o.o. Play for several hours a day and then log off. I am in now way rushing. I just make sure there is a companion crafting or doing a mission at all times. Using the most efficient companions at all times, which is always the dps companions such as vette, risha, etc, and just making sure I dont skip the bonus kill quests. I rely on questing commendations for my gear. I give all my old gear to my companion, and I do the ship dailies for 10 minutes once a day for a free 30% exp boost.

Word of advice. Dont bother with tanking and healing companions. They are overrated. A properly gear dps companion gets the job done if you are competent. As soon as you have access to one, the others can become your crafting slaves

Edited by Amandeep

Just minimize the time spent at the fleet doing nothing and you'll level a lot faster.

And there in lies my problem. I'm entirely too wrapped up in trying to be able to make some purple quality stufff, so I sit around and make my crew members do missions and craft stuff. Very time consuming, but addicting... :jawa_mad:

No, On my first character, I saw most of the cutscenes. On my second, every quest I did before, I skipped, because I know the lore behind it.

I never skipped class quests.

Im pacing myself o.o. Play for several hours a day and then log off. I am in now way rushing. I just make sure there is a companion crafting or doing a mission at all times. Using the most efficient companions at all times, which is always the dps companions such as vette, risha, etc, and just making sure I dont skip the bonus kill quests. I rely on questing commendations for my gear. I give all my old gear to my companion, and I do the ship dailies for 10 minutes once a day for a free 30% exp boost.

Word of advice. Dont bother with tanking and healing companions. They are overrated. A properly gear dps companion gets the job done if you are competent. As soon as you have access to one, the others can become your crafting slaves

Good advice on the companions, but you are playing a lot more than 4 hours a day if you have 2 50s and a 45. At a certain point logistical realities come into question.

Edited by Gohlar

And there in lies my problem. I'm entirely too wrapped up in trying to be able to make some purple quality stufff, so I sit around and make my crew members do missions and craft stuff. Very time consuming, but addicting... :jawa_mad:

That can easily be done while out questing ;) It's what I do most of the time unless I'm trying to save up cash for mounts