Huge problem: Target hit boxes.

Fjeskiny

Hi.

Want to adress this, i know probably all of you have noticed this.

But i think its only the tanks that suffers from this the most since its so hectic in this game

you gotta be fast between monsters picking them up.

The target hit boxes of other players and monsters are way too big!

Or way too square around the character/monster.

If there is a big monster in my face, and i want to target another monster behind him between a big 1 meter gap between his arm and his chest, I cant!

Cus the game is designed like the old FPS games with square hitboxes around characters, not the actual characters.

This is so unbelievable annoying for a tank, if there is one big monster standing next to a smaller monster, i cant target the smaller monster because the big hitbox is in its way, even tho im not even close to the big monster with my mouse pointer?

Bioware can you please test this and confirm it, its so annoying!

And, if im in a big fight with 5 monsters trying to tank them.

I have one big melee monster in my face, and i want to turn around and target one of the 4 ranged mobs in the distance, i cant!

Because the targeting system doesnt take this into consideration:

That if i have a monster in front of me, and i turn the camera around its now behind me and should not be targetable. But it is.

So if you have a big monster in front of you you're tanking it, and turn around to target another monster you cant because even if you dont see the big monster thats behind you, you target that monster anyway.

This should be adressed.

And oh yeah this affects pvp aswell.

Same thing there.

Let the flaming beging.

+1.

+1000000 I'd even say.

As a tank, I'm reduced to tabbing frenetically to reach the target I want, or turn the camera 90° to clear the view from that gosh darn huge droid in front of me.

Plus, I'm not sure it would be that expensive to turn Box colliders into Mesh colliders ...

Edited by kineticdamage

I can't say I feel your pain as I'm a caster, however, when I tanked in that other game, I primarily targeted through tabbing because screen clicking was unreliable in large mob pulls. I do feel tab targeting is equally unreliable at the moment, sometimes it seems like there is an order to what the next target is going to be but I've been surprised on more than a few occasions.

Funny, i wanted to post a screenshot here on this issue for the people that doesnt understand.

But, for some odd reason, when taking a screenshot the mouse pointer is not shown.

I had a couple of awesoem screenshots where the mob was standing still and i had my mouse pointer waaaaay next to it but i still highlighted the monster.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a screenshot and manually put in a black square, to show the huge area the hitbox is for this particular creature, so people can see what we're talking about.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/targethitbox.jpg/

Some creatures/NPC's have even bigger hitboxes. The biggest I've seen, is about 5 times bigger than the creature itself. And in many cases, as seen in the SS, the box is offset to one side.

Please fix the size of these hitboxes!!!

Edited by PziCrow