My Only Problem with TOR (but it's a breaker)

fruitofvictory

There is no problem with AMD users... Its just users that havent up to date drivers. Download the driver called 1.12 or something, its a preview driver.

The 1.11 dosent render SWTOR properly so its the drivers fault not SWTOR....

Download the 1.12 patch and your game should run super smooth with AMD systems.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did post my specs and dxdiag for both computers - hopefully it helps Bioware fix their problem. Nothing more to be done on my end, we've tried everything and more. Tried all the suggestions here (though my friend who is a computer expect says some of them shouldn't do anything to help :p) and everything else we could think of, and nothing worked.

Bad engine is bad. /shrug

For now I'm slowly plugging away at my Juggernaut while she is at work - can't bring myself to play when she is at home and unable to.

Feels bad man

Just give it time... they started building this game long time ago engines and such have evolved since they made this game... it's almost impossible to build an MMO at current standards cause bytime they finish it the engines have advanced... I'm sure Bioware is working on a solution to the Problem as week... it WoW years to upgrade their Engines... Bioware even thou the game just came out will most liky do it in the next year or two

Yea this game is very poorly optimized. One of the worst I've seen in recent years. Its the only game I've found so far that's completely unplayable on my laptop (alienware m11x). I can play it well on my PC but its quite a high end PC so I wouldn't expect anything different. However even on my laptop I can play games like witcher 2 or skyrim on medium settings with minimal lag. I also play WoW on it without ever experiencing lag. Swtor is completely unplayable on it tho, whenever there's other players around like in instances or warzones. They will lose out on a lot of players because of this imo because the graphics could easily be passable on a 10 year old game much less a game released in 2012 so there's no reason it shouldn't be able to run well on a medium range computer/laptop. Rather than needing a high end PC like it does atm.

Well, nevermind. Nothing doing. We just tried to play, and she took ten minutes to load into a conversation, and then the game froze during it. And before that was almost unplayable video lag. She shut it off, upset once again that we can't play together.

Moving past frustrated straight into pissed off, now.

Definitely going to check this out. Thanks :)

And to the other poster - No, I did not post specs on this account. I posted them on my girlfriend's account and sent them to CS privately from this one, because as stated above, I don't want discussion of the issues on Bioware's side to be derailed by people trolling my system. I know no matter how good my PC or her laptop is, some fool would come in here all "upgrade ur puter it blows", and this is an annoying enough issue without that nonsense. My PC, her laptop, and everything about the settings, drivers, software, etc are more than than enough that this game should run peachy on both.

And to the other poster - No, I did not post specs on this account. I posted them on my girlfriend's account and sent them to CS privately from this one, because as stated above, I don't want discussion of the issues on Bioware's side to be derailed by people trolling my system. I know no matter how good my PC or her laptop is, some fool would come in here all "upgrade ur puter it blows", and this is an annoying enough issue without that nonsense. My PC, her laptop, and everything about the settings, drivers, software, etc are more than than enough that this game should run peachy on both.

Going to say this one more time... it could very easily be a bug in the driver. There are numerous cases over the years of poor performance in games (and other programs) due to driver issues.

Good luck getting it working (not sarcasm)!

Going to say this one more time... it could very easily be a bug in the driver. There are numerous cases over the years of poor performance in games (and other programs) due to driver issues.

Good luck getting it working (not sarcasm)!

Yeah. We've tried numerous driver rollbacks, updates, and versions. Got a friend running the same video setup - he runs the game about as well as I do.

So I just don't know anymore.

Well...I have good news and bad news for you.

Bad one´s first:

It is likely that the game can be optimized a bit more and compatibility issues between card manufacturers and the engine fixed. It won´t happen soon.

Good one´s, last but not least:

I ran the game on a crappy HD3200, Athlon X2 3.0 and 3gb ram (yes yes, 18fps on solo instances, 8 on crowded ones), I did it just to see if it would work on it. So, if your laptop is better...it should run it smootly. If it doesn´t, there's 2 options ( IMHO ):

1.- Video card compatibility issues. Check forums online to see if your card model has known issues with TOR

2.- Search the internet for the Extreme drivers suits made by the guys at tweakforce.com. They helped my laptop get a few extra FPS on the game.

PS: No, I don´t play the game on the laptop, it´s a working laptop and I just wanted to see how "low end friendly" the game really is.

PS2: No, I won't post my specs, this isn´t a pissing contest and I´m not rich, so I would loose it anyway =)

Classic troll signature.

i teh haz a srs perf izzue but i cant post muh cfg bcs i is da bom!

Yeah, brilliant tactics to troll, complain, whine, cry, and then give the community nothing to actually help you with....at least productively.

Classic troll signature.

i teh haz a srs perf izzue but i cant post muh cfg bcs i is da bom!

Yeah, brilliant tactics to troll, complain, whine, cry, and then give the community nothing to actually help you with....at least productively.

I highly doubt the community can do anything that my college-trained computer expert friend can't do. Seeking help is not why I made this thread. I made it to bring issues to light that MORE PEOPLE THAN MYSELF WITH OUR SETUP ARE EXPERIENCING. Nevertheless, I have taken all suggestions given. And I did post my information to Bioware themselves.

I am not giving people like you ammo with which to ignore the real issue - which is on Bioware's end :) Period. If you don't like it, don't read the thread?

Edited by fruitofvictory

Is there a point to this thread?

Anyway, I know of a few graphics cards that specifically have a problem with SWTOR. It's a common series and is above the system requirements. My money is on the vendors releasing updates for them like they do for a lot of new games that come out.

It's possible your girlfriend has one of them, but I suppose that's a moot point considering you won't post system specs.

Is there a point to this thread?

Anyway, I know of a few graphics cards that specifically have a problem with SWTOR. It's a common series and is above the system requirements. My money is on the vendors releasing updates for them like they do for a lot of new games that come out.

It's possible your girlfriend has one of them, but I suppose that's a moot point considering you won't post system specs.

the point is to keep the issue open for discussion among players, specifically players who common visit these boards. It is common knowledge that general forums are the most-visited on any web site's forums. So here it is.

Which series of cards is it youre talking about?

Age of Conan all over again. Back then you had people telling you it was an hardware issue too.

They will never learn. They always focus on features like story, background, motion capture animations, and tons of other cool thing and fail the basics.

Age of conan feeling all over again im telling you.