Cancel your subscription if your unhappy with PVP

ShadowKastar

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsubbing on a large scale this early on will HURT Bioware rather than HELP bioware, some of you were testers, alright. But since you were testers you've had the time to decide whether or not you're going to get a STORY BASED MMO and of course have had the time to probably PvP yourself. No who am I kidding if you're unsubbed just because PvP then you've definitely PvP'd during the beta. Bioware said this game would be profitable with only 500K subs and if its below that for the FIRST month then the PRODUCTION of this game will SLOW DOWN. Now i'm pretty sure from all these PvP threads Bioware is well aware of the PvP situation. but sorry folks PvP comes 2nd to a story based MMO. Lets be honest give this game a chance and it will improve or just leave now and wait longer. Another honest thing is that I don't love the PvP in this game, I think its "ok", but has tons of room for improvement.

Bioware is not your friend you brand loyal fool. The only thing that hurt Bioware was Bioware, if people unsub by the masses it's never their fault. The game is a buggy POS it's that simple, it's 2012 and it runs like a 2004 game and the fact is people don't want to wait 4 years for the game to get up to speed when GW2 is already more polished in Alpha testing and WoW already has it's bugs sorted.

It doesn't matter if they marketed it as a story based MMO, they said there was PvP and it sucks so if the PvP crowd goes too bad.

Edited by ShottyTheShotgun

Bioware is not your friend you brand loyal fool. The only thing that hurt Bioware was Bioware, if people unsub by the masses it's never their fault. The game is a buggy POS it's that simple, it's 2012 and it runs like a 2004 game and the fact is people don't want to wait 4 years for the game to get up to speed when GW2 is already more polished in Alpha testing and WoW already has it's bugs sorted.

It doesn't matter if they marketed it as a story based MMO, they said there was PvP and it sucks so if the PvP crowd goes too bad.

ok number 1, WoW has had what, 7 years on the market? swtor a couple of weeks? I mean people gave WoW a chance, and it's PvP was horrible, and look at it now its better. It's because they have enough production $$$ to do so and on a quick basis. Trust me i'm pretty sure GW2 will have its faults and everyone is hyping it like they did this game, the problem is, is that the MMO community gets overhyped about every next MMO out there that they forget about the "Launch" and growth time for a game. this is a MMO it builds with a subscription base, its not a RPG and never gets fixed. you take away that subscription base well then it is a RPG and never gets fixed.

Edited by Vislo

Your're right, it would be stupid. Whats more stupid however, is putting lower levels in the same warzones against lvl 50s with pvp gear.

The only stupid thing Bioware did was adding a thing called "expertise." It's not level 50s it's the level 50s with all the expertise gear making the game absolute cack. Progression for the sake of progression at the cost of imbalance is poor design.

ok number 1, WoW has had what, 7 years on the market? swtor a couple of weeks? I mean people gave WoW a chance, and it's PvP was horrible, and look at it now its better. It's because they have enough production $$$ to do so and on a quick basis. Trust me i'm pretty sure GW2 will have its faults and everyone is hyping it like they did this game, the problem is, is that the MMO community gets overhyped about every next MMO out their that they forget about the "Launch" and growth time for a game. this is a MMO is builds with a subscription base, its not an RPG and never gets fixed. you take away that subscription base well then it is a RPG and never gets fixed.

#1 read what I said

#2 re-read but this time comprehend it...people won't invest 7 years again like they did in WoW get over it.

#3 I am in GW2 Alpha for over a year, it's bugs are not design flaws like this game...they are simple glitches that can be squashed out whereas this game is flawed on a number of levels between balance, warzone design, zero-motivation RvR...etc.

Nice try fool, dry hump your favourite brands all you want but the PvP crowd is unforgiving and more honest then you'll ever understand or can handle. If you don't like it just troll like the rest of the fanbois telling us to take a hike...when we do don't cry.

Edited by ShottyTheShotgun

#1 read what I said

#2 re-read but this time comprehend it...people won't invest 7 years again like they did in WoW get over it.

#3 I am in GW2 Alpha for over a year, it's bugs are not design flaws like this game...they are simple glitches that can be squashed out whereas this game is flawed on a number of levels between balance, warzone design, zero-motivation RvR...etc.

Nice try fool, dry hump your favourite brands all you want but the PvP crowd is unforgiving and more honest then you'll ever understand or can handle. If you don't like it just troll like the rest of the fanbois telling us to take a hike...when we do don't cry.

ok cool #1 and 2 could have been just one thing, and cool story bro, thats what people in this beta said too, but look its at launch and theres bugs OH bugs at launch on a MMO omg I should QQ about it and then tell someone else who isn't QQing to start QQing, if you don't like the current PvP this much then you shouldn't even be posting in these forums, its not going to help if you start personally assaulting me through posts, talk about the game and how we could make it better. can't wait until the free month is up, damn, just throwing my 2 cents and you start making up posts about how another game is going to be better since you're in the beta then go off and tell me to go cry while you go play your FTP mmo. I mean if you like GW2 so much just play alpha and don't linger in these forums even if you have a week or so left, definitely if your going to act this way, we don't want you in the community, destructive not constructive

Edited by Vislo

And still yet.. 0 response from Bioware. No Customer feed back about these kind of issues. Hell they don't even have to necessarily agree with what many are saying, just acknowledge the fact that they are listening to their paying customers.

At least if they gave feed back on things rather if we like it or not we can determine from there if some of us are still interested in staying based on what BioWare wants for their game.

ok cool #1 and 2 could have been just one thing, and cool story bro, thats what people in this beta said too, but look its at launch and theres bugs OH bugs at launch on a MMO omg I should QQ about it and then tell someone else who isn't QQing to start QQing, if you don't like the current PvP this much then you shouldn't even be posting in these forums, its not going to help if you start personally assaulting me through posts, talk about the game and how we could make it better. can't wait until the free month is up, damn, just throwing my 2 cents and you start making up posts about how another game is going to be better since you're in the beta then go off and tell me to go cry while you go play your FTP mmo. I mean if you like GW2 so much just play alpha and don't linger in these forums even if you have a week or so left, definitely if your going to act this way, we don't want you in the community, destructive not constructive

I replied to your ignorance, you involved yourself to engage with me and now that you discovered you are a thin skined nancy who is preaching against a justified post reeking blind fanboism you want to tell me to stop? Boy you fail on many levels there, not to mention your horrbile pathetic excuse diarrhea of "blah blah blah only a couple weeks and bugs are normal" BS means nothing and shows you haven't read a single negative critique with any sense of comprehension or intentional lack of.

Let me summarize it for the slow minded...

Poor server performance is NOT a bug

Poor Warzone design is NOT a bug

Poor RvR motivation is NOT a bug

Poor faction class balancing is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear progression is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear optimization is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear astetics is NOT a bug

Poor pre-made play is NOT a bug

Poor Bioware community communication is NOT a bug

So say what you will and pretend people are just whining about a "normal" cycle of MMO development. Maybe you are just a salesman dream ready to shell out money and time for the sake of sake or maybe you are just ignorant to the changing times of the MMO industry and not ready to accept there are higher expectations. Either way your undying loyalty is your problem.

The difference between success and failure...good companies change to the populations behaviour and are rewarded...bad companies try to change the population behaviour then attempt to re-define "success." Guess which one Bioware is?

I replied to your ignorance, you involved yourself to engage with me and now that you discovered you are a thin skined nancy who is preaching against a justified post reeking blind fanboism you want to tell me to stop? Boy you fail on many levels there, not to mention your horrbile pathetic excuse diarrhea of "blah blah blah only a couple weeks and bugs are normal" BS means nothing and shows you haven't read a single negative critique with any sense of comprehension or intentional lack of.

I like when this guy says "Boy you fail" ^^

This guy needs to loose the forum rage before he pops a blood vessel.

Word.

Edited by Caeliux

ok number 1, WoW has had what, 7 years on the market? swtor a couple of weeks? I mean people gave WoW a chance, and it's PvP was horrible, and look at it now its better. It's because they have enough production $$$ to do so and on a quick basis. Trust me i'm pretty sure GW2 will have its faults and everyone is hyping it like they did this game, the problem is, is that the MMO community gets overhyped about every next MMO out there that they forget about the "Launch" and growth time for a game. this is a MMO it builds with a subscription base, its not a RPG and never gets fixed. you take away that subscription base well then it is a RPG and never gets fixed.

People keep using this "it's only been out a couple of weeks excuse". Fact is, it was years in production and it seems like most of that time was spent developing cut-scenes. If you are primarily a pvp player, why would you stick around?

Let me summarize it for the slow minded...

Poor server performance is NOT a bug

Poor Warzone design is NOT a bug

Poor RvR motivation is NOT a bug

Poor faction class balancing is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear progression is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear optimization is NOT a bug

Poor PvP gear astetics is NOT a bug

Poor pre-made play is NOT a bug

Poor Bioware community communication is NOT a bug

So say what you will and pretend people are just whining about a "normal" cycle of MMO development. Maybe you are just a salesman dream ready to shell out money and time for the sake of sake or maybe you are just ignorant to the changing times of the MMO industry and not ready to accept there are higher expectations. Either way your undying loyalty is your problem.

The difference between success and failure...good companies change to the populations behaviour and are rewarded...bad companies try to change the population behaviour then attempt to re-define "success." Guess which one Bioware is?

1. could be your computer, only experience lag on the fleet?

2. opinion although I dislike huttball, and they'll add more

3. RvR is totally optional and not mandatory not even on the list of things needing improvement

4. QQing trust me Sages and Sorcs are very squishy because I am a sorc, and dps class can take us down easily

5. bleh you get some gear at 20 and in between to 40 and all the way upto 50, sounds good to me, again they'll add more later

6. they can fix that with lvl 50 brackets which will probably coming, or something close to it.

7. don't like the look of gear? then go to the modding side of things,k yes theres more game systems than just PvP.

8. not sure what this means? talking about the warzones?

9. yeah remind me what happens in uh say mid to late december? holidays? Family? vacations? no work? give them time like I said. max of 6 months and see where it goes from there, I know i'm staying my 3 1/2 years atleast, I didn't spend all my time waiting just to quit and give up

Looks like a lot of people don't understand that they didn't put brackets in for launch so that those who hit 50 first wouldn't be stuck with nothing to do pvp wise.

Now that there's a substantial number of people at 50, they're going to be putting the 50 bracket in soon, see how that works?

Beyond the OPness of 50s, which will be soon 'fixed' with the brackets, the pvp in this game is great, certainly far better than the FotM and broken class BS of WoW. The games encourage pvp first of all, something you don't see in WoW, and they encourage teamwork.

They're adding more warzones with the first big patch as well.

That said, please, for the 0.05% of you who are coming to the forums to cry about how much you hate this, please do cancel- we really don't need people who can't wait more than a week without an issue being fixed before screaming bloody murder. Or, go and keep making threads about how the .5 second delay on project being the reason why Republic always loses- and we'll keep laughing at you and all the other pve carebears who whine instead of getting better.

I really, really don't want to see WoW again- as much as it's fun knowing as a healer I can fend off three dps from the top pvp guild on my server without dropping below 95% hp- I'd rather have a challenge in pvp then be a god by mashing two buttons.

People keep using this "it's only been out a couple of weeks excuse". Fact is, it was years in production and it seems like most of that time was spent developing cut-scenes. If you are primarily a pvp player, why would you stick around?

Years in production cause it had to be, lets admit its a massive game and daniel erickson said that they've actually been done with the game long before release and have been working on expansions/post launch content. Every MMO needs time because, well MMO's are never done and this is probably true, because Bioware labeled their product as a story driven MMO thats fully voiced over with cinematic cut-scenes and fully fleshed out companions. Bioware has delivered that extremely well, and another true point, if you're a hardcore PvPer why would you buy a Story driven MMO? they've made a great base for the game all they need to improve is PvP, Bugs (which they're obviously doing), and customizable UI, which no doubt is coming in the future. And they can expand on tons of things, Main story lines, Operations (they are), crew skills, PvP, Planets, flashpoints (they are), space (which they are), and multiplayer aspects. I've put about around 200 hours into this game and am still overwhelmed with things to do, PvP, space (havent done much yet), and my quest log is full with tons of other quests that i still can accept, lvl up my crew skills and obtain gear and get starship upgrades get that 1.5mil speeder, etc. sorry got OT anyway you're very true

Looks like a lot of people don't understand that they didn't put brackets in for launch so that those who hit 50 first wouldn't be stuck with nothing to do pvp wise.

Now that there's a substantial number of people at 50, they're going to be putting the 50 bracket in soon, see how that works?

Beyond the OPness of 50s, which will be soon 'fixed' with the brackets, the pvp in this game is great, certainly far better than the FotM and broken class BS of WoW. The games encourage pvp first of all, something you don't see in WoW, and they encourage teamwork.

They're adding more warzones with the first big patch as well.

That said, please, for the 0.05% of you who are coming to the forums to cry about how much you hate this, please do cancel- we really don't need people who can't wait more than a week without an issue being fixed before screaming bloody murder. Or, go and keep making threads about how the .5 second delay on project being the reason why Republic always loses- and we'll keep laughing at you and all the other pve carebears who whine instead of getting better.

I really, really don't want to see WoW again- as much as it's fun knowing as a healer I can fend off three dps from the top pvp guild on my server without dropping below 95% hp- I'd rather have a challenge in pvp then be a god by mashing two buttons.

this pretty much, like I said give Bioware some time

Unless the devs say in plain English what they plan for PvP to rememedy this damn awful situation, then I will cancel my sub also before the first payment is due. Which means they have about two weeks to open their gobs and actually same something!

And I want to here details, not "we have plans ;)" bull5hit.