Crits on orange possible?

Urielx

Is it possible to crit for an orange item to get an augment slot for it? By orange I mean the empty modable gear.

I've basically been trying all day and haven't had any luck. I've managed to crit on all of the purple items I'm wearing to get them slotted.

I made a Radiant Blade for myself and crit it with an augment slot.

Only wish that the hilts and enhancements patterns would actually drop in operations. Going to have a full set of gear 1 or 2 tiers beyond what I can make by the time something useful shows up.

Really? You're the first person I've heard of claiming so, other than people linking to torhead (where everything has an augment slot even if it doesn't in game).

Anyone else seen augment slots or is this unique to the radiant blade?

I figured I'd ask here because by my own previous results I "should" have gotten a crit on an orange.

I got 1 out of 4 on lvl 49 veracity boots.

1 out of 3 on lvl 49 veracity bracer

I'm 0 for 2 on belts.

Out of 10 pairs of reinforced electrum greaves I've gotten 0 crits.

I'm exclusively using a 9k affection Jaesa (+5 SW crit).

The amount of resources with the pretty awful return rate on missions to craft these doesn't seem worth it if it's not possible to crit.

I have not made enough orange items to constitute a fair sample size, but I have yet to see one.

I have made maybe a dozen different orange pieces. Enough to think that I 'should' have had one by now, but not so many to know.

The problem is the sample size at the moment.

It is like in WoW when people would say "I have 0 hit rating but I did 10 attacks on a target dummy and they all hit so that means I am hit capped"

Although this example is combat mechanics it is essentially the same as it is probability. Where it was fair to argue that even a sample size of 10 or 100 thousand was not really accurate enough.

Not trying to confirm or refute the topic but I am certain over time people will be surprised by what is proven to be true through crafting.

The problem is the sample size at the moment.

It is like in WoW when people would say "I have 0 hit rating but I did 10 attacks on a target dummy and they all hit so that means I am hit capped"

Although this example is combat mechanics it is essentially the same as it is probability. Where it was fair to argue that even a sample size of 10 or 100 thousand was not really accurate enough.

Not trying to confirm or refute the topic but I am certain over time people will be surprised by what is proven to be true through crafting.

Actually, a sample of 100,000 is sufficient for just about anything.

I stopped trying after 39 attempts. I attempted the level 50 chest piece. I know others have made more attempts than I have. Not a single confirmation of an armor piece that has critted.

Now I have seen a pic of a saber that did.

But aren't all Lightsabers orange quality? That could make them a unique case because it's impossible for them to be Mastercrafted otherwise.