Level 10-50s together in a warzone is the dumbest thing in MMO history

TheMove

Oh, and if you have brackets, in a couple of months there will be no low level pvp like on WoW, or like 10 hour queues.

the problem is less the brackets, and more the fact that only lvl 50 pvp gear has exp on it, which is a big problem, aside from being lvl 50 and having a huge basic numbers advantage over all the buffed up noobs.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lvl 50 and I have a Sith Juggernaut. I currently have 2 piece champion gear in PvP and I still can get killed by a lvl 20-40 character. You are bolstered to match health and dmg, but not gear.

If you hate the fact that a lvl 10 can queue with a 50 then you must also hate the fact that a lvl 19 and 10 can queue together. A lvl gap will always exist. The point is to make it quicker for ppl to play the game. If you are losing at a low lvl, then quest some more and try again in a couple of lvls after you get more skills and talents.

Yes u have 2 pieces. The problem is when 50s get full gear, which they all will have soon, gonna make it very boring to pvp pre 50 which will cause a loss of alot of subs for sure, anyway i am 100% sure they will add 50 bracket sometime, else they are just plain stupid.

As player with 13 years of MMO epxrience starting from Ultima Online and including Warhammer Online with tiered warzones - I'm happy with 10-50 single group idea. Non-empty warzones were really helpful to boost xp gain during leveling - and unlike in Ultima Online you lose nothing and instead getting decent money and xp.

So stop kidding about free xp and money from WZ and just level faster.

Edited by Pashgan

I know where you guys are coming from, I killed a lot of high levels on a 12 gunslinger and thought I was hot ****. But keep playing and you'll notice when you fight 50s in PvP gear; the damage difference is intense.

Overall I'm really happy with the PvP because its a hellofalot better than Warhammer was in the 31-40 bracket and WoW was just in general. But it will be great to PvP on alts when the 50 only bracket comes out.

You do realize buffing someone to 50 with out the abilities to back it up is completely meaningless.. just saying..

I agree with OP, they need to break up the brackets.10-13, 14-25, 25-44, 45-50. Most optimized for abilities.

I disagree. I love the PvP the way it is. If you want more abilities level to 50. I enjoy this PvP far more than I've ever enjoyed PvP in an MMO Granted I think teams should be balanced (making sure that one team isn't ALL 50's,), but I like the way ToR PvP works. I like being able to kill max level players at 25. I hope this doesn't change. Just because it's different doesn't make it bad. I like BioWare's PvP Design. Also, it's not like you can't level to 50 by only doing PvP. Calling this system stupid is like calling All CoD games, Battlefield, Assasins Creed, and many other games stupid because they give advantages to players who have played more. It's not a poorly designed system. I like it.

My 2 cents

Yes u have 2 pieces. The problem is when 50s get full gear, which they all will have soon, gonna make it very boring to pvp pre 50 which will cause a loss of alot of subs for sure, anyway i am 100% sure they will add 50 bracket sometime, else they are just plain stupid.

No I totally agree with you that they will make a 50 bracket somewhere down the road. I am just pointing out that a semi-geared 50 is not unstoppable.

Also the main reason that they didn't put in brackets at launch was so that the PvP queues where not insanely long for the fast lvlers that hit 50 before the game launched in Early Access.

Why do people ***** so much about the possibility of longer queue times? Do you not eat or go to the bathroom?

because in some MMO's with brackets once a tier has very few players you'll get one match per day (WAR, AoC)

please try actually playing other MMO's before posting

It blows my mind that people defend the decision to have level 50s in warzones... sure the stats get buffed the amount of options a level 50 has at his disposal compared to say a level 10-30 is ridiculous and seriously unfair. I hope BW plan on implementing at least a level 40-50 bracket soon to help level things out a bit if not it'll just be one of the many little woes which will make such a great game fail.

Its hilarious how ppl defend the current system. I pretty much 3 shot everyone under lvl 30 on my scoundrel right now and I dont even have that much epic gear yet. Must be a lot of fun for them. But yea keep the system its easy medals for lvl 50's right now. I can easily get 6-7 medals even when the team's getting rolled just picking off low levels.

At this moment, how this system works, it's just broken. I queue for Warzone because the popup-tooltip said it was available when I reached level 10 and I got the Warzone Mission from the fleet so I thought lets do some PvP. Well, the only thing that happened was getting killed within 5-6 seconds by level 50's. I know my stats are buffed but I do only 800-900 (~1200 when I crit) damage to them while they easily do 2400-2800 (3100-3200 crit) damage each hit to me. I can't even get them below 50% of their health.

It's very very annoying if you want to pvp from time to time between the missions but only get to play meat shield. I hope Bioware see there is a problem for the newcomers/alts that would like to try out the pvp and fix it, that at least the pvp can be fun again as it was from day 1 without those "high-levels" around.

Some say just level to 50 before you start queueing up for warzone's but not everyone plays as fast/have much time at their hands to reach that level within a month or any time soon. I'm pretty sure that even most of those level 50's will soon get tired of the easy winning once they got all their PvP gear collected...

Tiering has issues as the population levels up. And if you're at the bottom of the tier then you will still be at a disadvantage to someone at the top end.

I'd suggest an attempt to match the average level of both teams. i.e. approx the same breakdown of low level, mid level and high level in each Warzone. I don't mind playing with the higher level players who would totally beat me down but it's more fun when the teams are balanced... but not necessarily the same level. This solution would scale better with the population level but it might take longer to queue and make it harder for warzones in progress where players have dropped out.

This is a major issue. For people who want to levle trough pvp, you just dont stand a chance, your acutally getting weaker the higher levle you get since the buff weakens off. ( unless you obtain new gear)

The main problems is that at level 10 you have 1/4 of the skillsets that the levels 50s got, a huge disadvantage.

Your fighting people with level 50 pvp gear, and your just getting farmed like a boss, and they grow even stronger to farm you even more. and by the time you get to 50 you self, the people you have fought all the time is miles ahead of you from farming you over and over. and dont even go there with the buff. the buff is nothing compared to being level 50 with gear.

im on the edge to just unsubscribe. How you can use 4-5 years on makeing a game, and bring up such a horrible pvp aspect of the game is just beyound me.

Sorry for the typos =)

Edited by Fitte