Setting the [STANDARD] for Server Population

Melonfarmer

I currently have a level 23, almost level 24 Smuggler on Tatooine on Whitebeam Run, an East Coast PvE server which usually fits under the "Standard" population description, sometimes it is Light. Regardless, I believe there are about twenty people on Tatooine at the moment.

With the exception of Coruscant, there are usually no more than forty-five Republic players per planet, and that population is usually closer to 25-30. In addition, I've also had a tough time finding groups for Flashpoints and Heroics.

It just seems to me that the "Standard" Population level is more along the lines of "Light" or "Very Light" and it's a little misleading.

Basically, I have two questions:

1. What is the average server population?
  2. Is there any possibility of a Character Server Transfer in the near future?

This is not a flaming thread, I really like the game so far. I'm just curious as to whether I should role on a new server, wait-and-see, or just cope with what is current.

All I can say is that Full Servers are pretty empty aswell, doesn't even feel like an MMO when you run into a player every 30min. I think the average on planets is around 50 players on my server, being on the more populated faction.

I think the issue is, you are republic, OP. the empire vastly outnumbers the republic in this game; it's kinda one of the more pressing issues, imo.

All I can say is that Full Servers are pretty empty aswell, doesn't even feel like an MMO when you run into a player every 30min. I think the average on planets is around 50 players on my server, being on the more populated faction.

not sure what you are talking about. i play on a full server and see people EVERYWHERE i go.

Get on new planet. Start off with Heroics as first quests. Nobody around to help.

This is a big deal. There just aren't enough regular old style quests that you can really level with. I'm grinding a LOT now and I'm on one of the highest of the high pop servers.

Really? I finished Chapter 1 last night and I've barely done any heroics and my level is just fine. Then again I also did space dailies every day and I did a day of a lot of PvP.

I think the issue is, you are republic, OP. the empire vastly outnumbers the republic in this game; it's kinda one of the more pressing issues, imo.

Now this I have heard, but unless the Empire outnumbers them 5 to 1, the server population is still very small.

Get on new planet. Start off with Heroics as first quests. Nobody around to help.

This is a big deal. There just aren't enough regular old style quests that you can really level with. I'm grinding a LOT now and I'm on one of the highest of the high pop servers.

Which server are you on?

I play Empire side on an East Coast server regularly listed as Standard and in the evenings I regularly see 60-100 people in zones. My highest toon is 27 though so I dunno if level range is an issue more than faction. I've seen it peak well above 100 as well recently.

On the servers I play on, theres usually a couple hundred people chilling out on the fleet (Empire side). Republic population is much smaller than Empire's on most servers. hence why Imperial players usually end up playing Huttball all the time.

Go play on "The Ebon Hawk" or "Sanctum of the Exalted." It doesn't matter which side you pick, they are both good communities. Both are East Coast RP/PvE servers.

Personally, I prefer The Ebon Hawk, 1) Because of my KotOR memories, and 2) because the Empire side community is... vibrant. Republic is awesome there too, however.

EDIT: The populations on these two servers are fairly balanced as well. More so than what I'm hearing of other servers, at least.

Edited by Shortwave

There are reasons why you can't find groups:

1. You can disable the chat completly. And people do.

2. There is no global channel for LFG

3. There is no LFG tool

4. There is no easy way back to your questing location - travel takes time

5. There are no proper rewards for doing hard quests, you can buy stuff for credits/pvp points/tokens

6. Group quests are crappy dailies and not the end of a nice questline

7. Flashpoints are not part of anything, it's just a instance hub on a ship (maybe good for 50?)

Edited by squiek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.