The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Number One with a Bullet doable with Mako?

xioix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember exactly what fight this one is, but I did all the quests with Mako.

I'm not sure what your spec is, but if you have any type of snare and its a melee type npc, just kite them in a circle. Usually if its a range type you just have to make sure you stay on top of your interupts.

Also don't be afraid to use your long cooldowns, medpacs, etc.

Hope that helps.

Yes, **** easy, as all the other class quests. Did it yesterday with mako and it was a breeze.

What part should be undoable with her? The two supreme guard mobs? Just keep them out of range of eachothers heals and you'll be fine.

^

It just took awhile for me. Kind of wish I had a dps companion since they don't attack much, just seem to heal all the time so didn't need the Mako Healing on that now that I look at it..

Breezed through it with Mako in a Pyro spec.

I don't even remember the healing Jedi giving me troubles. I suppose if they're proving tough you could take Mako out of her healing stance and disable 1 or 2 of her healing skills.

I did it with Mako, I was spec'ed shield tech.

I'm curious what is the part that everyone says requires a DPS companion?

Me too. I always leveled with mako, cause i couldnt' live without her heals. Even when you get gault and she's like i'll let you 2 get to know each other, I just summon her back.

What part should be undoable with her? The two supreme guard mobs?

Yes.

I'm curious what is the part that everyone says requires a DPS companion?

The two supreme guards.

I was worried because of all these posts about these two mobs:

* http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72038

* http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=126544

* http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=111428

* http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104558

* http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=78615

* http://www.torhead.com/mission/e99r6Ed#comments

* etc.

I've been using Gault to gear him up for this but I really want to use Mako.

Edited by xioix

Oh the two healing guys. I just chain interrupted one, then stunned the other when I got it low. You could probably also micro manage mako's CC to make it easier, but I didn't really have a problem with it.

Its just one fight though, if you need to swap a companion for that part, then its not big deal. :p

Edited by grapefruit

Oh the two healing guys. I just chain interrupted one, then stunned the other when I got it low. You could probably also micro manage mako's CC to make it easier, but I didn't really have a problem with it.

Its just one fight though, if you need to swap a companion for that part, then its not big deal. :p

Same. Took me maybe three attempts but I got it.

i did it yesterday, was absolute cake. i did the first half with torian cause i killed mobs faster, and as is the case anytime i expect something to be more difficult, i switched to mako (conveniently for your question). both are decently geared.

the two supreme guards took a couple mins, but interrupting one of their heals is cake. just start with electro dart, then next one do the shield bash thing, quell or w/e it's called.. which is on a short cd.. then use carbonize for the next one, then quell again, and at least one should be dead.. i'm full shield tech etc, they barely touched me. in fact i clicked the DPS stance for mako halfway thru.

**NOTE**

i had to do the first bulk of the quest TWICE. i didn't see that i had to kill the 5 guys in the hangar, just did the explosions on the ships etc.. and then i cleared the entire ship (didn't include the two supreme guards etc) - and clicked the console that you're supposed to click LATER in the quest.. and my guy blew up the console after a few right clicks. then i did the hangar, then went back, and sure enough, it bugged the quest. i had to use emergency fleet pass and reset it from the imperial fleet before doing it again.

Edited by EzFlyer

I just clicked the escape pod and left, you don't have to fight the healing guys... Why does every one complain about things that aren't required to be fought?

IDK maybe it was a bug but i walked into the room, died to them, then saw the escape pod and clicked it. Whoosh gone.

Edit: I did it with mako

Edited by Eroex

I did everything with Mako. (That's what she said?)

I'm on a PvP server which makes Mako the superior companion by a longshot. In the end she was the only one I had with decent gear.

I didn't really have an issue with their healing (protip: Get used to their Focus target system). What killed me was the damn knockbacks every 8 seconds.

Fight them with your back to the wall to their side. They'll knock you back but you're still in Flame Burst range and only a couple of steps to quell range. The healing really isn't that bad, it is the healing + the knockback. Take the knockback out of the equation and it pretty much trivializes the fight.

i did everything with mako. (that's what she said?)

lol! :D

I just clicked the escape pod and left, you don't have to fight the healing guys... Why does every one complain about things that aren't required to be fought?

Can anyone confirm this? You don't need to fight these two to complete the quest?

Edited by xioix

idk....i came home after cooling off...and died 10 more times..i cant do it i cant interrupt both of them...i dont know when the other is healing because im focused on 1 of them i have died maybe 40 times today/tonight..im really borderline of just not playing... Edited by evilblix

Easy quest. Just choose light side ;)

"Some People Just need to Die", however, was ALSO easy. i was actually a bit disappointed in this uber dark council guy...he was kind of a pushover. I used Torian exclusively for leveling and soloing. I'm an arsenal spec merc.

This is doable at 49 as a Powertech with Mako.

I ran right at them, told Mako to attack the left one, i engaged the right one then when Mako started attacking, backed up (the Guard helped by knocking me away), ran backwards a bit more then used the grappling hook to pull him to me. With a decent distance between them, they didn't try to heal each other. In the time it took me to kill Guard #1, I had to taunt Guard #2 twice to give Mako time to heal herself and stay alive. Once Guard #1 went down, it was relatively easy to kill #2.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried 32 times yesterday and today, to beat this pull, and I CANNOT DO IT.

I'm so BEYOND frustrated, it isn't even the slightest bit funny anymore...

I'm using Mako, because with Torian, I die in LESS than 30 seconds.

So with her, I jump one, and tell her to attack the other. I grapple him as far as I can, but eventually the aggro draws the other one into my range, and then they're healing themselves again. I'll interrupt one or two of my target's heals, but then he gets a boost from the other guy. Not even to mention the knockbacks! you can't get to a wall because their range is too great!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

-T

Did this as a shield tech with mako healing me, did all of the BH class quests with Mako as my companion. While this fight was frustratingly slow, it wasn't that difficult and at no point did I really feel like I was going to lose. Just used interrupts/Mako's electrostasis and prevented as many heals going through as I could and smashed them both down slowly. If you're using your cooldowns properly and micro'ing your companion correctly I don't really see how this could be a problem for any spec PT (especially a dps).

LOL at the guy above that's dropped 100k on this, are you serious? Are you guys horribly under-geared or something? If you're struggling this badly on that quest something is obviously very wrong.