What is your characters back story? (RP topic.)

ClayPeopleCry

I know a lot of you role play something in your head as to why your character went down the path that he or she did. So what makes your character who she or he is. What brought them to where they were right before the actual game started? Like for example why did your Jedi choose to become a Jedi and not a Sith. Was he or she born into it or did they choose to become a Jedi over a Sith? Then why did they choose to follow the light or dark side paths within their class role? Stuff like that. Edited by ClayPeopleCry

My character was a human male Republic Trooper. Prior to the events of the game he was planning to be a doctor when the Sith invaded his homeworld as part of their drive towards Coruscant. He fought alongside the local miltia in an attempt to hold the invaders off, however it wasn't enough and they were eventually captured. Before the Sith could execute him and his allies they were rescued by Republic special forces who helped push the Sith back for the time. Having witnessed the danger of the Empire firsthand, he enlisted with the Republic military. Wanting to meet the example of the soldiers who had rescued him, he drove to excel in each of his academy courses. Finally he was offered his own chance to join special forces as part of Havoc Squad, which he eagerly accepted.

Great back story bro. I have one too but it’s for my next character. The one I am playing now doesn't really have one.

My next character will be a Jedi but a dark side Jedi. When she was a child the Empire came to her world in search for talent. They heard of a child who was gifted in the ways of the force. So the Lord rank Sith who was in charge of the mission sought her out and eventually found her. But her parents didn't want anything to do with the Sith or the Jedi. They just wanted their daughter to live a normal life. Of course the Sith don't respond well to rejection. So they destroyed the town and killed her parents. This sent the child into a blind rage and lead to her passing out. When she awoke a Jedi was mending her wounds. She sat up and looked around and saw the dead bodies of the Empires solders that had destroyed her town, and the Sith Lord among them. When she asked the Jedi if he had done that he replied by saying, they were dead when he got here. Shortly after she was adopted into the Jedi order. But unlike the others she doesn’t care about the Jedi code. Over the years she grew into a Jedi that relies on her rage and hatred to fight. But since she directs that anger at the Empire, the Republic just looks the other way... For now.

Edited by ClayPeopleCry

36 BTC Jerig born on Coruscant. 0

32 BTC At the age of four, Jerig is discovered Force Sensitive and taken to the Jedi Temple. 4

28 BTC Onslaught of the Sith Empire. 8

26 BTC Jerig is accepted as Padawan to Jedi Master Tristan Faradin. 10

25 BTC Jerig and another Initiate discover a hidden Holocron in the Temple. 11

22 BTC Jerig crafts his first lightsaber. 14

18 BTC Battle of Bothawui. 18

15 BTC Jerig rescues his Master and several Jedi from a rogue assassin droid. 21

14 BTC The Sith Empire changes strategy. Jerig is granted Knighthood. 22

11 BTC Master Faradin is murdered. Jerig hunts down and brings the killer in. 25

10 BTC After the incident in the Outer Rim, Jerig leaves the Jedi Order. 26

08 BTC The Mandalorians return. 28

07 BTC The Mandalorian Blockade is broken. Jerig returns to Coruscant. 29

05 BTC Jerig meets his wife to be at an aid station. 31

04 BTC Jerig and Tarra are married on her home world of Alderaan. 32

01 BTC Jerig's wife is killed on Coruscant. Her cremated remains are fused into a Diamond. 35

00 ATC Treaty of Coruscant. Jerig travels to Tython to once again become a Jedi Knight. 36

***Republic Data Record 24457***

***Incident at the Wayland Territory***

Ten years before the bombardment of Coruscant and subsequent Treaty with the Sith Empire, a Jedi strike team was dispatched to investigate a contested sector of the Outer Rim where there was believed to be a Sith outpost on the planet Wayland. Rather than a military force however, the Jedi discovered a small group of civilian families and willing to offer aid, took them aboard as refugees.

According to the logs, the Jedi commander in charge of the expedition - a brilliant tactician and combat expert by the name Andron Kurttse, ordered the families taken to one of the ship's cargo holds and proceeded to interrogate them for information regarding their supposed allegiance to the Sith Empire. Doubts were expressed by the other Jedi when it was suspected that Kurttse was using his abilities with the Force to elicit testimonies. It was clear they had no affiliation with the Sith but Kurttse would not leave them be, and it was reported that he was convinced they were hiding something.

According to his log, when Jedi Knight Jerig Saraford learned of what was going on, he orchestrated a confrontation between Kurttse and the remaining Jedi. It is reported that by then Kurttse had not only broken the mind of every refugee they had found, but had completely lost himself to the Dark Side of the Force. Kurttse attacked the Jedi, reportedly raving that only he had the strength to do what was needed; only he knew how to deal with an enemy that showed no restraint and no remorse. In the ensuing battle aboard the ship, Kurttse slaughtered the crew and killed the remaining Jedi, save one.

Jerig survived the altercation, but as to how he defeated the Jedi Master there has been no explanation. After returning to Republic space and landing the ship on Coruscant alone, Jerig resigned his commission with the Republic Navy, severed his connection with the Force, and destroyed his lightsaber.

The Jedi Council wishes it to be known that Jerig should receive every courtesy as a hero of the Republic and that there should be no investigation into details of the events in question. Their judgment on the situation has been finalized and stored in the Archives but with the loss of the Jedi Temple such records were undoubtedly destroyed.

Inquiry into the matter is closed.

***End of File***

My jedi consolar has bin a member of the jedi order since the age of 4.

He is loyal to the jedi way tho some might call him a bit too blunt for his own good.

My charater is a jedi in almost everyway but one.

He doesnt care for people's feeling's.

My sith inqisator was a slave to a house of rich corrupt exploitive people on a insignificant world that was rich in resourses.

When the empire invaded he was found force sestive and send to korraban for training.

His years as slave thought him that weakness leads to suffering and pain.

So he will never show weakness.

Being a sith in the empire ment a great chance form him to become a master himself rather then a servant.

He is wicked crual manipulative and only interested in ruling over others.

he will bow to the stronger for now but asoon they show weakness there dead.

Edited by internaty

Name: Garik T Alder

Call Sign: 'Badger'

Born: 3,697 BBY

Race: Human

Planetary Origin: Correllia

Height - 5'11

Weight - 230

Notable Quotes: "We heard about the Sith in the schools at first, mostly in a sort of mystical way, like a monster devised by our teachers to make us eat our vegetables and do our homework..."

Historical Chronology:

3,697 BBY(42 BTC): Born to Correllian Ship builder Amil Alder and Val Solo-Alder in Coronet City.

3,690 BBY(37 BTC): His mother and brother, Virgil and Val Alder were killed in a terrorist attack by alleged Correllian Separatist Movement

3,683 BBY(29 BTC): Attends the Republic Academy

3,681 BBY(27 BTC): During a training mission aboard a prototype BT-6 Attack Shuttle out in the Tingel Arm, his squadron was ambushed by the newly returning Sith Fleet, forcing them to crash land on Belkan. There, the 20 year old Cadet Alder was forced to spend 2 years hiding under the reign of the puppet government established by the Sith Empire.

3,679 BBY(25 BTC): Cadet Alder is rescued, along with 4 other members of the training group he was with. He is rushed to graduation based on the dire need for soldiers. Alder is awarded the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Army of the

Republic.

3,678 BBY(24 BTC): Lt. Alder is stationed on Tatooine while he undergoes Cold-Weather flying training

3,676 BBY(23 BTC): Lt. Alder completes flight training for close air support.

3,673 BBY(20 BTC): Lt. Alder is promoted to First Lt, and transferred to the Bothawai sector

3,671 BBY(18 BTC): Lt. Alder participates in the Battle of Bothawai. His entire division is knocked out by the Sith,

and he is awarded the Republic Insignia of the Republic for returning to rescue civilians despite considerable danger to himself..

3,670 BBY(17 BTC): Lt. Alder is promoted to Captain and remains on Bothawai to help with the reconstruction

3,669 BBY(16 BTC): Lt. Alder meets Ila Moro, of the Republic Medical Corps

3,667 BBY(14 BTC): Lt. Alder and Ila are married on Alderaan early in the year

3,667 BBY(14 BTC): With the return of the Mandalorians, Captain Alder is given command of a squadron and called to

counter the Mandalorian attacks on various planets. His dedication earned him a variety of medals at first, but his decision to spare prisoners lives proved costly, and he gained a reputation amongst the higher command for being too merciful.

3,666 BBY(13 BTC): Captain Alder and Ila have two twins, Alec and Kara Alder.

3,664 BBY(11 BTC): Captain Alder is promoted to Major Alder.

3,660 BBY(7 BTC): Major Alder participates in the Battle of Alderaan.

3,656 BBY(3 BTC): Ila Moro boards the Swift Justice, a civilian cruiser, for a business trip to Byss. The cruiser is attacked midflight by Hutt sponsored pirates who take the people into slavery and loot the ship.

3,656 BBY(3 BTC): Major Alder diverts military funding and ships to attempt to rescue his wife. His actions result in a Court Martial trial, but he is pardoned, and allowed to maintain command. Meanwhile, the slave ship which Ila Moro was aboard was destroyed by a rival gang. She is presumed dead.

3,653 BBY(0 BTC): Major Alder is called to help transport rogue smuggle Hank Ferncliffe Jr to his prison cell, when the Sith attack Coruscant. With Captain Ferncliffe's assistance they are are able to repel the Sith attack, and as a result

Major Alder allows the smuggler to escape.

3,648 BBY(5 ATC): Kara is accepted into the Republic Naval Academy, and Alec attends Correllia's premium law school

3,647 BBY(6 ATC): Alder is promoted to Colonel, and put on a variety of missions involving dealing with rogue elements of the Sith, and attempting to maintain the peace.

3,643 BBY(9 ATC): Colonel Alder meets with Director Nassaki, and accepts a promotion to General and command of the military elements of the newly formed Republic L.A.N.C.E Agency

Notable Quotes: "We heard about the Sith in the schools at first, mostly in a sort of mystical way, like a monster devised by our teachers to make us eat our vegetables and do our homework..."

Nice.

Of course all my character have a backstory! My current:

Smuggler, human

Name: Remino

Remino was born on Correllia, not the poorest, but certainally not rich. He never knew his older brother, as he was taken (in his own language) but the Jedi Order before Remino was born. His father left when he was only 4, unable to stand his mother who obsessed proudly over her older son (who will be my Jedi Knight).

Thus, as a young child Remino's bedtime stories revolved around great heros and villains of old. Master Jedi and Sith who weld unimaginable power. However, it also meant by the time he was eight, they were dirt poor. His mother was weak, frail, and as a result, Remino worked. Hard. He spent everyday working as the landing pads, assisting various captains. He knew ships well by the end of it. He also more seedy contacts. By the time he was 16 he was running illegal goods, but the time he was 20 he had his own ship.

He blames the order, and his brother, for his mother's poor health (as well as eventual death), and the hardships they faced. He has a strong distate for Jedi, but he knows better than to deal with Sith.

I usually don't do much thinking about my characters past, but I do have a mentality for their present actions. My Imperial Agent does what is best when the Empire, because it's his job. Enforces the Emperor's rules, exterminates people who compromise Imperial security through their actions, or makes sure plans to ultimate killing machines get into the hands of Imperial engineers. But, he's not totally heartless, on matters that don't affect the Empire, he tends to go light side with his decisions. Help rebels that aided the Empire escape, or kill them so they're less of a problem? nah, help them escape, they did aid the Empire after all.

I've started to make up the origin of my characters after unlocking the legacy system.

Believe it or not but I named my family after Jeisa Willsaam :DDDD

So I had this scenario in my head where I'm telling her that we might be related or its just different family tree with the same name.

Anyway. I currently have three characters that are very similar in appearance.

LS sith warr (male) LS inqui (fem) and DS JK (FM) thier origin is that they were separated when they were very little and adopted by various families in different conditions.

My charactor is my fantasy. Ascendi Marasad was a doctor in the republic core worlds, his expert talent always exploited by the wealthy who could bribe Ascendi's superiors to send him. When this exploitation became aparent to him, he started to develop an extream dislike for athority. When he got busted for giveing free medical services to a family of Zabarak refugees and landed in hot water with his overseers, he snaped and shiped out to the outer rim. It was then Ascendi grew into his deepest dreams of being a charming rouge. However, past the guise he puts up of a smuggler with a mind for credits, he still maintains the high ideals of a core world doctor deep in himself.

Mine is Scorvius, Imperial Agent / Sniper.

While an independent, Scorvius had a fateful run-in with rogue bounty hunters. His body was recovered by an agent of the Empire who witnessed the event. Afterwards, Scorvius awoke, hooked up to a machine, and was barely alive. A high-ranking officer of the Empire and what appeared to be a Sith both cowered over Scorvius' mutilated body. They offered to rebuild him with cybernetics, but he would have to earn his keep in order to keep receiving the necessary upkeep for his artificial anatomy. Scorvius of course agreed, wanting to stay alive.

After rehabilitation, Scorvius stayed independent and worked to the bone to gather credits and resources to keep himself alive. He had to keep earning the parts and services of the Empire to keep his body alive and his cybernetics taken care of. After years of this, the Empire offered him a mission via Imperial Intelligence and Scorvius' cold mind and ruthlessness got the attention of his keepers.

Scorvius was quickly finding himself to be a loyalist to the Empire. Soon, he rose up the ranks and gained recognition for his rifle skills and attention to detail. His cold demeanor was becoming infamous. Very quickly he became a rising agent in Imperial Intelligence.

Those who have interacted with Scorvius and had the pleasure to not be on the other end of his knife or rifle, have commented that they are not certain if he's truly loyal, or simply "kissing boots to stay alive."

Edited by NEStheONE

Benkraminmin the Sith Juggernaut was born in to a wealthy family on Dromund Kaas, none of the family had previously been particularly strong in the force but all had prestigious jobs allowing wealth to be gathered throughout the generations. One thing that marked them as part of the upper class was the purity of their blood, the entire family could trace its roots back generations to the original sith on korriban.

Benkraminmin was discovered to be strong in the force when at an age of 5 he awoke in the middle of the night to find murderous thieves rummaging through the family estate, he rushed to see his parents but found they had both been killed. He seethed with anger and crushed the thieves using the force.

With no family left to look after him, Benkraminmin was admitted to the sith academy on dromund kaas and spent the next 11 years studying incident free, however when he was 16 he was found to have got intimate with a captured jedi instead of torturing her. Since the jedi had been turned to the dark side during this incident Benkraminmin was held in the highest respect and was suspected of having several affairs with higher ranking sith before being transferred to Korriban to complete his training under overseer Tremel.

i will do two of mine:

Jerst

Human Jedi Guardian

He was born to a Jedi knight and a renegade Sith Assassin who were both killed after his birth and he was sent to join the Jedi just before the murders. They Kept his heritage a secret till he ended up in a fight with a pureblood Sith Warrior named Taylis. He was interested in the Mirialan Jedi Shadow Malaena. He then became an excellent Jedi knight and the game Begins.

Mai-lynn

Zabrak Trooper

Mai-lynn's family was "blacklisted" by the people of Iridonia because Mai was caught sleeping with one of her friends, who was another female Zabrak. They moved to Coruscant where she met Kana Price.The two developed a fast and loving relationship over two years. When Mai-lynn decided to join the Republic Army Kana was angry with her for putting Herself over their love for each other. Now all she wants is to have Kana back.

Edited by stormdrakelord

I submitted this for the corellianrun.com contest for my Smuggler

"So Captain," Corso Riggs started, "how did you ever get into this line of work?"

Captain Ra'shala set down her bantha milk, sighed softly, and began: "Well, I was born to Twi'lek slaves Mal'shalek, and Ra'tulia, who were forbidden to marry, but could not contain their mutual passions for each other. When their owner discovered that my mother was pregnant, and my father's identity, he immediately sold him to the Kessel Spice Mines Warden, never to be seen again. When Ra'tulia gave birth to a beautiful blue-skinned daughter, she gave me her surname "Ra" and the feminine version of my father's name "shalek", thus "Ra'shala". With the Great Galactic War underway, and the fast growing Empire paying high prices for trained Twi'lek slaves, my mother was sold to Imperial slavers as soon as she weaned me. My first master spent the credits to get me into the best schools, in an attempt to turn me into the best entertainer both in dancing, conversation, and flirting, so that by the time I was 14, I was all ready to fetch the biggest price tag for a slave so young from the Imperial slavers.

"3 years later, my Imperial master, Dirun decided that the dancing and talking weren't enough entertainment from the young Twi'lek, and tried to have his way with me one night. Naturally I resisted and got this cut across my right eye from his vibroknife for disobeying. When I could see again a week later, I had determined that it was time to escape. A month later Dirun decided to try again, but this time I was prepared. Using my flirtation skills, I was able to catch Dirun of-guard, lift his vibroknife, stab him, break into his safe (the combination was tattooed on his thigh) grab as many credits as I could carry, and sneak out of his mansion before anyone knew what had happened. I made my way to the nearest cantina, and offered smuggler Jun Laks all of my credits to get me off the planet, and to keep quiet about it. Laks took pity on me, and offered to hire me on as part of his crew.

"Laks taught me how to shoot a blaster, fly and repair light starfreighters, and all the tricks needed to survive on the streets. When the bounty on my head expired 5 years later, I told Laks that I wanted to strike it out on my own. Laks naturally didn't want to lose his best crewman, but he also knew I had to make my own choice, and let me go. I was able to find another light starfreighter, christened her "Freedom's Hope", and started making easy credits. Over the next 2 years I slowly gathered information about my parents and where they might be, but then I took a job running blasters to Ord Mantell... and well you know the rest. That's why I like credits and my ship, but hate the Empire, and women or children in danger."

Sith Inq (fem, LS)

Karrah was born into a lowly Zabrak clan. Orphaned at a young age, she and her brother were separated when her brother was found to be force-sensitive. She was further raised, toiling in the slave pens, by a friendly Twi'lek woman. As she grew older her surrogate mother cared for many others in the slave community, and the two became a beacon of comfort in the slaves' harsh lives.

When her latent force-sensitivity became apparent, she was send off to the Academy on Korriban. Try as they might, the overseers never were able to do away with Karrah's disinclination to do unnecessary harm, nor with her enthusiasm to help those in need.

Over the years, Karrah was never able to find her brother again, but she has heard of his exploits. Needless to say, she wasn't pleased with what the Sith made him into, and she forever resents the order for it.

Sith Warr (male, DS)

Hajeed was born into a lowly Zabrak clan. Orphaned at a young age, he and his sister were separated when he was found to be force-sensitive. Due to his early indoctrination, he knows no truth other than the absolute power of the Sith and the Dark Side. He takes pleasure in his power and every way he can display it.

The harsh lessons of the Korriban Academy has left him emotionally unstable, taking a preference to violence over calm. He has been the tool for many different people at the Academy, both Overseers and fellow Acolytes alike. Anyone who knew how to direct Hajeeds apparent madness used him as a means to their own ends.

Although he seems merely mad, there is one way to reason with him; sharing the ideals of the Dark Side. He never would do harm to those who wish to relish in his power with him.

My Sith Juggernaut was a former slave-mercenary who was sold as a forced soldier in the outer rim, he discovered his ability to use the force when his life was threatened at the hands of his owner, after killing his owner he was recruited by the empire and the rest is ongoing.

My Jedi was conscripted for training in the Jedi order from the age of 4.

Cymae, my Jedi Sentinel, grew up aboard a ranch ark on Chad. Her parents were early participants in a Coruscanti-owned stock-raising venture there, and a combination of bad luck and shady business dealings nearly wound them up bankrupt and sold into servitude. A small team of Jedi who were detailed to the area helped them rebuild their ranchstead and defended them to their creditors until they were able to pay off their debts. Cymae aspired to the same kind of heroism and gallantry that she felt those Jedi had shown.

She had sufficient Force-talent to enter into an informal apprenticeship with one of the knights detailed to her homeworld, and later was accepted to the temple on Tython. Cymae only began her training in her mid-teens, so she came with about three times the pre-training life experience of most of her classmates. As a result, she had a lot of time to develop her own ideas and philosophies, and hesitates to take a lot of orthodox Jedi teachings at face value. In peace time, she probably would've been quietly drummed out of the order. After the sack of Coruscant, though, the Jedi can't afford to disavow a competent Force-user, especially one who enthusiastically performs an awful lot of dirty, dangerous, low-prestige work.

Edited by Meira_Arirai

My character is a cyborg female agent - whose goals were nothing but to help the Empire and take care of the messes the Sith Lords left behind.

However, after a certain Sith Inquisitor (my other character Dae'nerys) released a powerful AI on Belsavis, the poor agent's life hopes were crushed. The Mother Machine (Ashaa) downloaded herself into the cyborg woman and overtook her system. Thus, Ashaa was able to take on a living body to better be able to watch over her 'children'.

[**** makes no sense, but it's my headcanon. <3]

Cris Botea lived with his mother Andra in there home planet of Alderaan. Cris's father abandoned them to join the imperials when Cris was 2. Andra was devasted and died of depression and starvation due to the lack of desire to continue to live years later. Cris then was sent to his uncle, who lived and taught young padawans at the Jedi temple in Typhon. Cris then started possessing the power of the force to be a Jedi Knight. He trained and trained and when he was of age to start his Jedi trials, he passed each one. Helping those in need at the temple as well as the Twi'lek pilgrims, Cris then became a full Jedi Knight. But little does he know that he has a sister, one by the name of Juno, who was sent to Korriban by her Sith father. Until he realizes that his sister is a master of the dark side of the force, Cris still doesn't know that his mother gave birth to Juno in Secret. If one day, Cris is destined to defeat a Sith Inquisitor, he will see that his target bears the same birth mark he has on the side of his left hand..........

My two brothers and my smuggler, the ones I have worked out the best.

Darth Tybek Maar - A sith pureblood who swiftly rose through the ranks on Korriban through the murder of his fellow acolytes. He became an apprentice to a prominent Darth and journeyed out into the galaxy committing small scale raids against the Republic. No survivors were left behind him. Tybek became a Lord of the Sith after the defeat of four Jedi Knights. His rise to power continued with the death of his master and his acceptance as a Darth. From there Tybek has done his best to heighten the tensions of the Cold War. The Sith Lord wearing twenty lightsabers on his belt, all taken from his Jedi victims.

Nayda Maar - A sith pureblood and the younger brother of Tybek Maar. Where his brother took the bloody path of the warrior, Nayda fell into the silent path of the assassin. It was on many battlefields the two worked in tandem, Tybek the bloody whirlwind in the midst of the enemy, Nayda lurking on the sides and taking out strategic targets before vanishing once more. He is his older brother's shadow, and is unique amongst the Sith in that he and Tybek are truly loyal to one another.

Captain Zjash - A smuggler who grew up an orphan on Coruscant. To survive he lie, cheated and stole. These attributes carried throughout his life until the day he stole his freighter from a drunken man in a cantina. He was unsuccessful in his early attempts at flying, but soon caught the hang of it and began to make runs for the highest bidder. He isn't one for needless heroics, deciding to leave that to those dumb enough to throw themselves into harm's way. There are very things that can persuade him to act out of character, those being a generous amount of credits or a woman. But neither of them are enough to make him risk his life... or maybe the price just hasn't been right, yet.