The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

LAZY players will destroy The Old Republic

shakunetsu

Looking for groups queue ruin MMO's, dual spec also hurts MMO's, switching your advanced class later on in your progression will also destroy this MMO. WoW turned everyone into city whores just queuing. Bioware should not accommodate these lazy players. It killed wow, tor is amazing how it is now and all these whiny cry babies need to go back to wow.

You guys know I'm right.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes and no. What would be the difference in, 1) Spamming general chat on the fleet for a group or 2) going into a queue and waiting for it. And as for dual spec, I would really REALLY love a dual spec aspect. I play a Sith juggernaut, and I wanna be Rage for PvP, but my guild needs a tank. Am I supposed to just respec every time I wanna do somethin else? I don't think that is a good way to go about it. The game is good, but changing some things wouldn't hurt it.

Looking for groups queue ruin MMO's, dual spec also hurts MMO's, switching your advanced class later on in your progression will also destroy this MMO. WoW turned everyone into city whores just queuing. Bioware should not accommodate these lazy players. It killed wow, tor is amazing how it is now and all these whiny cry babies need to go back to wow.

You guys know I'm right.

With you all the way OP, sick to death of gaming getting the beat down with the dumb stick.

You guys know I'm right.

How would dual spec within your own AC hurt the MMO?

Well, yes and no. What would be the difference in, 1) Spamming general chat on the fleet for a group or 2) going into a queue and waiting for it. And as for dual spec, I would really REALLY love a dual spec aspect. I play a Sith juggernaut, and I wanna be Rage for PvP, but my guild needs a tank. Am I supposed to just respec every time I wanna do somethin else? I don't think that is a good way to go about it. The game is good, but changing some things wouldn't hurt it.

You could always app for a Guild that needs Melee DPS, instead

I would much rather be able to continue what I was doing instead of standing around spamming city chat for group members. Same server LFG has absolutely ZERO negative effects on an MMORPG.

I have to agree with this. The LFG tool itself is not bad. The extra features that can be added to it, can be bad. Like cross-server, etc. Standing in one place spamming chat really is no good.

Dual-spec is also good to avoid tank/healer burnout. As a healer, I may want to do something else other than just healing for a change. So a dual-spec could be good, and it would have 0 effect on any one else. That is very personal for each character.

You guys know I'm right.

Agree 100%. I thoght it was just me, but the continuous whinning of so many people over slicing, dual spec, AC switching, etc... is exactly what you are pointing out, laziness. I for one hope that BW does not cave to the vocal masses and start carving up their game because it will absolutely kill the game.

WTH, the game is a competition now?!

Not just this game but all games.

playing for shire entertainment and fun is a concept long forgotten that only "the ancient ones" can remember from their Amiga 500 days.

Yeah, over competitiveness and lazy people are wrecking games.

Then make a second char. And if you find that boring, too bad. Not our problem. Or, you know, you can just stop complaining and be happy with what you have instead of wanting more and more. In this case you have a tank char, and a guild to tank for. But no, that's not enough for you is it? You need more. A second talent tree to switch to so you can also play your favourite spec in pvp. You only have one spec. Deal with it.

As for the OP: I completely agree. WoW had bred a huge player base of lazy people. They aren't used to just doing with what you have and having to put some effort into certain things, and instead want everything as easy, and having as many features as WoW. Dual spec, faster travel, rated pvp, an LFG tool, etc etc. Well if you like all of that so much, go to the game that has it rather than playing here. This is not WoW, deal with it.

Then make a second char. And if you find that boring, too bad. Not our problem. Or, you know, you can just stop complaining and be happy with what you have instead of wanting more and more. In this case you have a tank char, and a guild to tank for. But no, that's not enough for you is it? You need more. A second talent tree to switch to so you can also play your favourite spec in pvp. You only have one spec. Deal with it.

As for the OP: I completely agree. WoW had bred a huge player base of lazy people. They aren't used to just doing with what you have and having to put some effort into certain things, and instead want everything as easy, and having as many features as WoW. Dual spec, faster travel, rated pvp, an LFG tool, etc etc. Well if you like all of that so much, go to the game that has it rather than playing here. This is not WoW, deal with it.

Then why even have classes that have MULTIPLE talent trees? If BW wanted characters to have a single role, might as well have created different static classes like games back in the early 2000s.

This is not WoW, nor the people asking for specific features want this game to be WoW. Adding some of the features in a controlled manner would not make this game WoW either, but some of them could help the game.

You guys know I'm right.

Hundreds players spamming the fleet channel for endless hours disagree with you.

You guys know the OP is wrong - and not credible with his doom calling statements.

People like OP will kill any credibility given to TOR's community.

You guys know I'm right.

I have to agree with this. The LFG tool itself is not bad. The extra features that can be added to it, can be bad. Like cross-server, etc. Standing in one place spamming chat really is no good.

Dual-spec is also good to avoid tank/healer burnout. As a healer, I may want to do something else other than just healing for a change. So a dual-spec could be good, and it would have 0 effect on any one else. That is very personal for each character.

I am so against dual spec myself, It just doesnt make any sense for me? If u look away from all the factors like i leveled a tank to lvl 50, why do i have to compete with random people (for groups) who have just dual specced to it when they hit level 50... Besides it kind of destroys the idea/need to make multiple toons, and with all the strong story BW have implemented for each class i doubt they want that to happen. Besides its not like if u spec tank/healer in this game, u are totaly gimped in the dps department, and neither does it take that long to level a toon to 50..

Regarding a LFG tool, as long as it isnt cross server shard i wouldnt be totaly against it(would prefer it didnt get in though) but i am kind of baffled what excactly people expect it to do? I mean sure u can que up for copple of flashpoints there is for each level, but do u really expect bioware to have one for every heroic instance out there? I mean the list would be so stupid long, not to mention the fact that quite a few of the heroic quests takes place in the normal area, aka it isnt instanced?? What excactly would a lfg tool do then?

You could always app for a Guild that needs Melee DPS, instead

What if it's his friends and he doesn't want to leave them, which is something it very much sounds like?

I know the situation he's in, it's the same for me in WoW, I'm in a guild, I love my guild and the people in and I'm also playing as a tank because I'm damn good at it and it's what the guild needs.

I nearly jumped for joy when Blizzard announced dualskills because it allows me to participate in the aspects of the games I enjoy, which is tanking and dps, both roles that aren't always needed.

I have an easier time assembling groups as well because if there's 3 healers online, two of them can go dps, everybody wins.

It's a very closeminded and arrogant stance to have that people shouldn't be able to enjoy the aspects of the game they enjoy, especially in TOR where no Advanced Class has one single role. All AC are either tank/dps or healer/dps. Why not take full advantage of this?

Edited by Yvin
content

You guys know I'm right.

How about actually giving a thought out reasoning? Calling people lazy and then doing a half *** job at explaining why is..... well lazy.

You guys know I'm right.

Troll much? I suppose I could assume that you didn't see the hundreds of other posts about this topic since there is no search function, but there are so many I find it unlikely. Why not just add your comments to one of those threads? Did this topic really need another thread?

What if it's his friends and he doesn't want to leave them, which is something it very much sounds like?

I know the situation he's in, it's the same for me in WoW, I'm in a guild, I love my guild and the people in and I'm also playing as a tank because I'm damn good at it and it's what the guild needs.

I nearly jumped for joy when Blizzard announced dualskills because it allows me to participate in the aspects of the games I enjoy, which is tanking and dps, both roles that aren't always needed.

I have an easier time assembling groups as well because if there's 3 healers online, two of them can go dps, everybody wins.

It's a very closeminded and arrogant stance to have that people shouldn't be able to enjoy the aspects of the game they enjoy, especially in TOR where no Advanced Class has one single role. All AC are either tank/dps or healer/dps. Why not take full advantage of this?

You can be friends with someone, without being on the same Raid Team as them

Edited by Yvin
edited quote

You guys know I'm right.

Thanks for your self indulgent, narrow minded, ignorant, selfish and arrogant view, oh, God of video games.

You guys know I'm right.

The ever present condescension of someone trying to convince themselves more than their audience.

Seems more like "hard core" avid players want to be able to control the community. They hate that casuals dare even come into their self proclaimed sphere of influence, i.e. the life they lead vicariously through a video game avatar. Companies should make multi-million dollar games that cater to their specific outlook, and of course, EVERY game should do it. Failure for a game not to follow their rules is automatically doomed to failure by these players.

Those tools kept me playing a game long after I would have quit from spending most of my play time spamming for a group. Sorry, OP, the tiny majority can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true.

Edited by Rikalonius

So, what do you think Bob? Should we add an LFG tool?

No way Bill. We want to promote a more social environment.

Makes sense I suppose. Should we give them a global LFG chat channel to get groups started?

Hmmmm... No. We need them to socialize even more than that.

So... We want them all to gather in one place to get a group going?

Yeah! That would be great for socializing!

Shouldn't we give them chat bubbles then? Standing next to each other and still typing into the chat box is pretty much the same thing as not standing next to each other...

No.

What?

trollface.jpg

-_-

Edited by WarTornPanda