The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

What you fail to get is not the masses of expectant people who just want to play early, which your argument is completely valid against. The questioning of their deployment strategy is where the white knight arguments fail.

Questioning is healthy, without questioning what others do, and believing someone could do it better, we would not have healthy business practices. Essentially your arguing that questioning business practice is irrelevant, which just makes you extremely ignorant.

What the hell are you talking about?? Did you do a TL:DR and skip the posts back and forth?? You must have missed some context along the way which makes you the ignorant one pal. Here is the original post that you missed before the posts back and forth became more of Q&A.

You all should stop crying. They opened the servers 2 days earlier than promised and will have everyone in for the full 5 days hopefully. Wow! Looks like you got a BONUS because instead of "up to 5" your getting up to 7 days early access. They are using these two extra days to make sure the servers are stable as they come up, and we should be happy they are using two extra days to do this instead of using two of the promised days to work it out.

This strategy is sound, its just your too arrogant to see it. They started opening the servers to us TWO days earlier than promised, which is a pretty SWEET business decision from my perspective. People who would have gotten 1 day will likely get 3 or 4 now, but all they see if the fact that someone else is in first and they want to know why.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what's interesting to me is that when I checked the server status this afternoon as I was making dinner, and then again a couple of hours later (EST), the status on ALL of the servers was either Full or Heavy. It was only seeing this thread and thinking 'What are they talking about, Light and Standard?' did I go back and check to see that it was so.

I wonder what changed?

Ya no. They used maybe and possibly because they were not sure EXACTLY how things would play out. Thats why they left things purposefully vague. They assumed you were not brain dead when they used those words. They were wrong. Im not sure how they could have been more clear about it. I guess you cant explain things to brain dead people in english. You need pictures or somehting.

Wow arent you a rude one. People on the forums have different issues with the situation so i for one cant speak for all of them. My issue (which really ISNT an issue) is that in the beginning of the day the amount of people getting in seemed slow. Thats it. There seemed to be too few people getting in. When they started giving out yellow posts giving an idea of whats going on, I was pleased. (mind you i registered in Dec so im happy if i get 10 mins EGA)

And yes apparently youre not too familiar with socializing with people because you would know that words and their correct meanings can be manipulated however the person wishes. Again, i feel that in the beginning to cover their tracks (whether it was because they were indecisive or they didn't know what to do) they used vague terminology to cover the fact that they didnt know how to handle the issue. the difference between then and now is that they're finally admitting that they don't know but they're going to try and fix it. The difference, for me at least, is INTENT

I have never once argued about time being given to me, you would know that if you read posts. I am arguing that a service company is expected to deliver a certain level of service.

Would you stand for it if ATT just told you to wait and locked any correspondence you had with them? or Microsoft? no you wouldn't stand for it, way to compare apples to a glass window.

you are trying to dictate a new level of service they should be giving you, not what they have offered everyone.

i made a broad statement, that you are arguing about something they never promised you.

vote with your wallet. if they are not pleasing you dont pay. easy enough.

Stop qqing about early access please. They are making sure they are not going to have a ****** launch where **** breaks down and then the press will be all over their asses. Theres no reason for them to risk it especially when they already announced the released date as the 20th. Consider it a perk that you are even getting in early.

People who would have gotten 1 day will likely get 3 or 4 now, but all they see if the fact that someone else is in first and they want to know why.
I think that's really why so many are upset, now they can't race to 50 and have a chance at getting there first, or play with a friend who is already in, or possibly get a certain name they want.. all terrible excuses to be upset about how EGA is progressing.

Stop qqing about early access please. They are making sure they are not going to have a ****** launch where **** breaks down and then the press will be all over their asses. Theres no reason for them to risk it especially when they already announced the released date as the 20th. Consider it a perk that you are even getting in early.
Exactly, people are starting to make more sense on here, I think the children had to go to bed. Edited by Icza

Wow arent you a rude one. People on the forums have different issues with the situation so i for one cant speak for all of them. My issue (which really ISNT an issue) is that in the beginning of the day the amount of people getting in seemed slow. Thats it. There seemed to be too few people getting in. When they started giving out yellow posts giving an idea of whats going on, I was pleased. (mind you i registered in Dec so im happy if i get 10 mins EGA)

And yes apparently youre not too familiar with socializing with people because you would know that words and their correct meanings can be manipulated however the person wishes. Again, i feel that in the beginning to cover their tracks (whether it was because they were indecisive or they didn't know what to do) they used vague terminology to cover the fact that they didnt know how to handle the issue. the difference between then and now is that they're finally admitting that they don't know but they're going to try and fix it. The difference, for me at least, is INTENT

Again, you seem not to understand. This was the plan. Its the only plan that would actually work. You seem to have another idea and you are wrong. You dont like the plan because you dont seem to be able to understand what you read or grasp the idea that you have to plan for the unexpected. Thats why you use words like maybe and open up severs 2 days early.

What the hell are you talking about?? Did you do a TL:DR and skip the posts back and forth?? You must have missed some context along the way which makes you the ignorant one pal. Here is the original post that you missed before the posts back and forth became more of Q&A.

This strategy is sound, its just your too arrogant to see it. They started opening the servers to us TWO days earlier than promised, which is a pretty SWEET business decision from my perspective. People who would have gotten 1 day will likely get 3 or 4 now, but all they see if the fact that someone else is in first and they want to know why.

I never argued against the server access or the time line, how many times do i have to say it. The fact that customer service vanished at 7am and only minor tidbits were left to dangle on via twitter and facebook, then eventually the forums. This is just bad customer service, you can chock it up to hype or whatever. Believe what you want about EGA, the way they handled it was ****, just like every other mmo.

The reason mmo's get away with bad customer service is because there isn't another company providing access, it is essentially virtual monopolization, I'm not saying rights aren't deserved to the content or anything, but look at it like a business model, it would never function outside the land of 1's and 0's.

I'm just as exited as the next guy but wow. Can't people just be happy there is an Early Access at all? With 2 extra days at that! If you waited an extra monthe or two to pre-order, I think you'll live for the next day or two.

Go read a book or watch some TV people.

Depending on how the next few days go, Press will still be on them. This may not be release date, but its still a blackmark on Bioware, now if they go into invite overdrive tomorrow and invite more than 6 days worth of people attitudes may change, I can understand playing it safe on first day and seeing how prime time goes. But they do the same thing tomorrow and the forums will be even worse.

I never argued against the server access or the time line, how many times do i have to say it. The fact that customer service vanished at 7am and only minor tidbits were left to dangle on via twitter and facebook, then eventually the forums. This is just bad customer service, you can chock it up to hype or whatever. Believe what you want about EGA, the way they handled it was ****, just like every other mmo.

The reason mmo's get away with bad customer service is because there isn't another company providing access, it is essentially virtual monopolization, I'm not saying rights aren't deserved to the content or anything, but look at it like a business model, it would never function outside the land of 1's and 0's.

it could be the poeple you ahving problem with are acutaly wokring and doing their main jobs and not PR fluff while they rolled out teh waves, making patches, reading tickets for fixes and the like. just a thought.

they told up waht tehy doing and then went back to work. i do not see a problem. and why tehy stop the invites? to wait to see and make sure everyone taht got one, accepted it and see how the sever stablize abit. then tehy send more invites tomrrow morning(or when they desided to) and let in afew more , then after x number, stop and see how thing are going.

I'm seeing a lot of medium servers.

Certainly more medium than light anyways, and take into account that today is the FIRST day they're letting people in. It's going to get heavier.

What your argument amounts to as I see it is this: I didn't get in to early access today, that's not fair! Wah wah wah... grow up, man.

My wife was invited. The servers were light and standard. The info on the server status page is bs. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I'd lay odds that all pre-orders will be playing on 15 December, with a full five days of early play.

Consider the focus this issue has generated: hopeless situation, grief-stricken pre-orders, cancellation threats, suicidal ideation and... 'whoosh' in speeds BW on a white charger to let EVERYBODY have a full five days of early access! A tear is shed for joy and all is well with the world.

Or...nah, nobody could be THAT stupid.

I'm seeing a lot of medium servers.

Certainly more medium than light anyways, and take into account that today is the FIRST day they're letting people in. It's going to get heavier.

That's because they've adjusted the artifiical cap on them. Most of the day they were Full or Heavy.

What your argument amounts to as I see it (because i haven't read it and just want to look cool like the others on the QQ bashing bandwagon) is this: I didn't get in to early access today, that's not fair! Wah wah wah... grow up, man.

Fixed

I think that's really why so many are upset, now they can't race to 50 and have a chance at getting there first, or play with a friend who is already in, or possibly get a certain name they want.. all Perfectly Reasonable excuses to be upset about how EGA is progressing.

Fixed that for you.

Again, you seem not to understand. This was the plan. Its the only plan that would actually work. You seem to have another idea and you are wrong. You dont like the plan because you dont seem to be able to understand what you read or grasp the idea that you have to plan for the unexpected. Thats why you use words like maybe and open up severs 2 days early.

I have played multiple MMO launches that did not involve any early access and did not have any of the issues Bioware is claiming might occur with TOR. I hope this helps.

If you think this is the only plan that would work then you are quite out of your reckoning.

it could be the poeple you ahving problem with are acutaly wokring and doing their main jobs and not PR fluff while they rolled out teh waves, making patches, reading tickets for fixes and the like. just a thought.

they told up waht tehy doing and then went back to work. i do not see a problem. and why tehy stop the invites? to wait to see and make sure everyone taht got one, accepted it and see how the sever stablize abit. then tehy send more invites tomrrow morning(or when they desided to) and let in afew more , then after x number, stop and see how thing are going.

Going back to work for a forum mod entails moderating a forum, that is exactly my point, thank you.

EDIT: I'm not meaning Stephen Reid, hes a project manager, hes only expected to give tidbits and be mysterious, that's how these work.

Edited by Xalisa

If Bioware released a tentative schedule on the waves and who was in them I can guarantee the complaining wouldn't be half as bad. People just want to know what's happening.

Im going to go out on a limb and say maybe they have very good business reasons for the way they did this today. At the same time, even if it was a tentative schedule it would be better. Truth be told, even though they never promised us we'd get in on the 1st day (or any particular day for that matter) it would have gone a long way to just say "we have your range scheduled for thursday if all goes according to plan".

Depending on how the next few days go, Press will still be on them. This may not be release date, but its still a blackmark on Bioware, now if they go into invite overdrive tomorrow and invite more than 6 days worth of people attitudes may change, I can understand playing it safe on first day and seeing how prime time goes. But they do the same thing tomorrow and the forums will be even worse.
Nah there's no black mark. EGA was supposed to start on the 15th and it's the 13th still so, I think it's a "white" mark that they are giving us even MORE time than we would have had. I may actually get in on the advertised first EGA day, again, the 15th, which I never would have dreamed of being possible before.

AGAIN as ive said before and im not going to post this to you again, that WAS my issue before they gave out yellow posts. I wasnt expecting to get in well because oh yea i knew they were doing it in waves based of when the codes were given. I PERSONALLY think at some point when they kept changing the dates that things WEREN'T going according to plan that's why their intent seemed deceitful. That is my perception and that's all there is to it. Will i wait patiently, yes. Am i mad, not at all. Am i on here to belly ache, no not really, i just really like reading forums and putting my 2c in whether people care or not. It is what it is, we can disagree and you can think im an idiot but theres no need to rude. And the funny thing is, youre more riled up than you THINK i am.

The Stuff bio-ware is pulling is the same crap from Star Wars Galaxies with Sony Online entertainment. They better run this game smooth after launch because if they dont they could run it right into the ground like the last star wars MMO.

If they hadn't charged 5 dollars for a staggered invite I wouldn't be so angry. For the five dollars each of us should have been in on day one of early invite. Also servers should be properly tested in beta its common sense.