another 8 hour maintenance day ????

DarthSerparic

Oh really? Please provide further detail on how exactly this works, as I'd love to hear it.

Also, ever stop to think that their maintenance may be doing things like server side fixes, code rolls/implementation, etc? No, you probably didn't, because you don't really know what you're talking about.

there you go

Daily downtime

When is the daily server downtime, how does it affect my gameplay and why is it necessary?

As a result of CCP's attempt to create one large server for everyone to play on, the EVE server requires a certain amount of periodic maintenance. As a result, there is an official daily downtime from 11:00 to 12:00 GMT every day (though it may at times be shorter).

a single hour a day(this for yo flamers except greater patches/hot-fixes which still makes in an average of an hour a day )

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time bioware stop being lazy and introduce separate maintenance windows.

It's really depressing reading the ppl defending bioware on this subject by telling others to deal with it, or get a life.

If you like this game, you should be encouraging the producers to give their customers the best service possible.

there you go

Daily downtime

When is the daily server downtime, how does it affect my gameplay and why is it necessary?

As a result of CCP's attempt to create one large server for everyone to play on, the EVE server requires a certain amount of periodic maintenance. As a result, there is an official daily downtime from 11:00 to 12:00 GMT every day (though it may at times be shorter).

a single hour a day(this for yo flamers except greater patches/hot-fixes which still makes in an average of an hour a day )

Choose:

A secure payment of 10000$

An insecure payment of 1000000$ with a 1% chance of payment

An hour a day/each day is percieved LESS than 8 hours a day, which usually is percieved as a wasted day (i.e. 24 hours)

It's time bioware stop being lazy and introduce separate maintenance windows.

It's really depressing reading the ppl defending bioware on this subject by telling others to deal with it, or get a life.

If you like this game, you should be encouraging the producers to give their customers the best service possible.

And recognise their customer base in regions they launched their game

HEY YOU EU players.. I work all the time and have no set time sched I AM MAD the servers are down because NOT EVERYONE IN THE US works the hours or does not want to play at night... I like to play from 12 am to 6 am myself.

YOU KNOW WTHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ASSUMPTION

*see how that works?*

This is -a IT IS WHAT IT IS AND PART OF ANY MMO LEARN HOW TO COPE WITH IT AS YOU AGREED TO ITS WORKINGS>

So what are you saying that you are in favour of alternating times then ?

Week one its 2am american time

Week two its 2am european time

So what are you saying that you are in favour of alternating times then ?

Week one its 2am american time

Week two its 2am european time

Or just DIFFERENT TIMES for us and eu which would make pretty much everyone happy all the time, except for the .5% of players who actually work during the night.

It's really not rocket surgery, just fix it.

The longer maintenance times are pretty common at the launch of an MMO. They will get shorter.

I find it funny that people complain about 1 day the servers been offline for a few hours. There are 168 hours a week. If the servers are down for 8 hours a week, that still gives you 160 hours per week to play.

Let's say that you've got an 8 hour a day job with 1 hour to and from work for travel time; that's a 10 hour day. So that's 50 hours per week for work.

Let's say that you need to sleep for 7 hours a night. That's 49 hours a week for sleep.

168 - 8 (server maint.) = 160 playable hours.

160 - 50 (work) = 110 playable hours.

110 - 49 (sleep) = 61 hours.

So you have a 61 hour a week window to play SWTOR. You mean to tell me that you're not going to find a good time to play during the rest of the week and Tuesday server maintenance is going to totally hurt you?

Another one that would not have any problem with alternating the server time

to start at 2am GMT every other week

I do understand why its now a problem, to fix maintenance by region, this does not mean it does not need to be addressed.

1 problem they have is poor disscion making skills, by making the client not regional depended.

what a nice way to do it is in the launcher like LoL does, just make an selection of what region you want to play euro/na then connect to the local patch server to check for the the latest patch.

then make the maintenance 1 day in between like wow does. so if something goes wrong with the first you can learn and adjust for the 2nd wave and to be honest if the euro is the first, i dont care as long if the maintenance times are ok, like 1AM GMT to 9AM GMT then you have like 7 hours to spare before you touch most of euro's prime time.

2nd problem (this is more a feeling). EA / BioWare see SW:TOR as money cow. It kinda shown in everything that the game was hurried to get out there, before D3? Combat, server maintenance planning (time wise), lack of effort to suit the euro players, lack in customer support.

Due to these to problems i see a faith that many non WoW MMO's had, that they never get bigger and will lose players after the first free month. This is something EA does not want, that i know for sure. as that will start a rough time for them, if they have to write off the production costs.

So EA really needs to open up the money flow for the first year so it can get a stable player base before thinking of making money.

altho i think SW:TOR has a chance to become a great MMO with a place and a good group of players along side WoW. But they need to act fast as the free month is almost over, then will people make the final decision if its worth paying for, and for me the current state of the game is not worth it.

Goodluck EA/BioWare with saving SW:TOR from the road of many MMO's

Appologies if this has been said before.

I'm on CET and work shifts, so these maintenance timings are a bit of a pain in the arse for me. However like it or not the maintenance world wide is done at the same time and these timings are there to upset as few players as possible. Apart from seperate EU/US maintenance there's really no other way of timing it.

Having said that, to the good folks in North American, please don't respond with crap like 'deal with it' or similar comments. Be constructive or don't reply. Most of us are happy to put up with it but I'm sure that if the shoe was on the other foot this forum would be awash with rage.

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 4th, 2012 from 11AM CST (9AM PST/12AM EST) until 7PM CST (5PM PST/8PM EST) for North American servers and 3AM GMT (4AM CET) until 11AM GMT (12AM CET) for Eruropean servers. All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. However, this week we will perform maintenance on Wednesday due to the New Year’s holiday. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

For our new players, this weekly maintenance is done in order to make general improvements and to check performance of the game so that we can continue to provide a consistent, quality experience. Quite often (but not always) after a maintenance period there will [EA/BW is still learning english: >>be<<] a patch to download. Please be sure to update your launcher after any maintenance period.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, January 4th, 2012

Time:

4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST) until 12AM CST (10AM PST/1PM EST) for North American servers

3AM GMT (4AM CET) until 11AM GMT (12AM CET) for Eruropean servers

All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We apologize to our European customers for not being able to see that it is indeed possible to have night time maintenance exactly like we do it for our North American customers. We ensure our European customers that our newly hired team of quantum physics experts tasked with solving the scheduled maintenance timeframe problem, which was incredible difficult to solve as our most limited understanding of the world is, of course, centered only around US, will continue to deliver solutions to several other problems and actively pursue and strive to assure that EA/BW will deliver the highest quality of service.

there you go EA/BW (and of course self-centered US fanboys). Fixed it for you.

We apologize to our European customers for not being able to see that it is indeed possible to have night time maintenance exactly like we do it for our North American customers. We ensure our European customers that our newly hired team of quantum physics experts tasked with solving the scheduled maintenance timeframe problem, which was incredible difficult to solve as our most limited understanding of the world is, of course, centered only around US, will continue to deliver solutions to several other problems and actively pursue and strive to assure that EA/BW will deliver the highest quality of service.[/i]

there you go EA/BW (and of course self-centered US fanboys). Fixed it for you.

:D good one!

Yes 8 hours over a tiny patch we in the EU have to pay for with our gaming time while the players in the US is asleep and can wake up to servers ready to play.

lol get over yourselves. We have been doing that in Australia for years now and managing just fine. You whiners amaze me...:p

lol get over yourselves. We have been doing that in Australia for years now and managing just fine. You whiners amaze me...:p

Do you got SWTOR servers dedicated to Australia ?....

Oh right no, you don't.....

This is what we get when we are given the option to play on both US and EU server with same serial.

If it was seperated like WoW I would also "demand" different times for maintenance.

thats BS, LoL as the option to switch from euro/na on the same account. so its something that can be done ;)

Do you got SWTOR servers dedicated to Australia ?....

Oh right no, you don't.....

Sorry but there is 2 servers areas EU and US.

So it's normal to schedule maintenance in the night for these 2 areas.

You know when you buy a MMO there is no server area for Australia, so you are playing on US server with US schedule time. it's normal and you know it.

Sorry but there is 2 servers areas EU and US.

So it's normal to schedule maintenance in the night for these 2 areas.

You know when you buy a MMO there is no server area for Australia, so you are playing on US server with US schedule time. it's normal and you know it.

Now my thread was a reply to the aussie, who consider them in a worse place than the EU :)

Even tho they got no servers dedicated to Australia :)

How is the maintenance hitting you while you're at work/school such a big problem?

they are doing it while you work...thats taking you into consideration.... sorry but the only other thing they can do is what I think is best.....edit the game on the side and then take servers down for installation of patches...

meaning they ahve the patch ready at maintence time... then take them down for installation to server only.... but this makes it harder as well and they contract work...

they are thinking of you though tahts why its done while you work or the majority to =\

See the server list...http://www.swtor.com/server-status yup sure looks like this is when the least EU people play:rolleyes:

For everyone that might get confused.. the first list is US aka. America.. the 2nd list below is us who don't play this game at this time...