OMG! so many skills !!

MadGelo

ofcourse the more skills the better, but there is a point when it gets too much..

my Scoundrel is now level 36 (ONLY OMG) i have more skills (including consumable buffs) that you GOT to use all the time than can be on TWO skill bars..

even with razor naga ( dont use last 3 buttons, too hard to reach) im struggling with shortcuts and its only getting worse..

can really use a macro system like in rift...

I believe as the game progresses you will see Bioware condense some skills. Right now its a bit overkill. I try to use them all but its not even possible unless its a boss fight.

PvP and regular encounters are all too short to get good use out of all the abilities.

ofcourse the more skills the better, but there is a point when it gets too much..

my Scoundrel is now level 36 (ONLY OMG) i have more skills (including consumable buffs) that you GOT to use all the time than can be on TWO skill bars..

even with razor naga ( dont use last 3 buttons, too hard to reach) im struggling with shortcuts and its only getting worse..

can really use a macro system like in rift...

You have four skill bars, you just need to enable the left and right hand ones.

I believe as the game progresses you will see Bioware condense some skills. Right now its a bit overkill. I try to use them all but its not even possible unless its a boss fight.

PvP and regular encounters are all too short to get good use out of all the abilities.

Unless it's a boss fight I only use 6 or 7 of my skills. If it's a mob I'll use 7 or 8, because I'll use the AOE ones too.

Learn your class. learn what spells you need on your hot bars and what you don't, and learn to bind your keys effectively, and get used to them. Then you will have no trouble

wow, thank you captain

my class needs all of them

if i were BH i could just spamm 1 skill

i dont know why i bother with this forums...

Edited by MadGelo

wow, thank you captain

my class needs all of them

if i were BH i could just spamm 1 skill

i dont know why i bother with this forums...

Okay then, continue whining on the forums rather than taking initiative and fixing the problem yourself

OP: The important thing is to find the perfect sequence that fits your play style, both for single and group encounters.

Remember that skills also use different attributes (Example: AIM) so be sure not to mix too much since you might get more DPS by using only certain skills.

Also important to remember is that you don't use a lot of your skills at every encounter. You probably have a nice instant buff with a long cooldown? I know there's a couple of these skills so don't feel lost between all the skills, just grow into a nice pattern and you will be fine. ;)

Only fanboys say "lrn2play", when it's obviously a problem.

Why even give us skills that aren't useful in the first place? If Bioware was competent, they would have consolidated the irrelevant skills from 1-10, then have some of the same skills share cooldowns, in order to replace the irrelevant skills.

I know how to play. I know which skills are useful and which are not. There are 3 or more Sniper skills which are rarely ever used for my Operative healing spec. I have 3 bars filled, which leaves 1 bar free. I still have around 3-4 more new skills to learn.

So please learn the difference between "overwhelming" and "efficient" playstyles.

Only fanboys say "lrn2play", when it's obviously a problem.

Why even give us skills that aren't useful in the first place? If Bioware was competent, they would have consolidated the irrelevant skills from 1-10, then have some of the same skills share cooldowns, in order to replace the irrelevant skills.

I know how to play. I know which skills are useful and which are not. There are 3 or more Sniper skills which are rarely ever used for my Operative healing spec. I have 3 bars filled, which leaves 1 bar free. I still have around 3-4 more new skills to learn.

So please learn the difference between "overwhelming" and "efficient" playstyles.

I never said it wasnt a problem. Dont get me wrong it is. We either need to be able to customize UI or have mods to adjust it. But either way adapting to only 4 hotbars is more then possible creating the right hotkeys.