The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware needs a new philosophy

Blackwater

Actually sounds quite similar to almost every other MMO release tbh....

How many times do we have to debunk this argument? SWTOR isn't competing with WoW as it was 7 years ago.... It's competing with it RIGHT NOW, EXACTLY how it is.

Excuses and cop-out aren't gonna make SWTORs problems disappear

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to every game worth playing for every platform (besides handhelds)that has been released since 2008.

If you want me to make a list I would be more than welcome. However I will just point out how buggy Skyrim was when it launched and consider my point made :p

And you know what Bethesda did? Gave us patches we didn't have to pay 15 a month for

I skipped to the part where they talk about Ilum.

I am amazed that they did not want to fight.

If I am by myself I try to avoid the rebels, but if I have to I will fight. When I have a group or guild with me, its on.

Once more players get to 50 I feel that more pvp will happen in the zone. If that does not happen BW should give the players more for killing an enemy.

EDIT:

It is hard to assume what players will do in game, and until the game goes live and once people hit 50 then we can collect accurate data.

Edited by darthdoll

How many times do we have to debunk this argument? SWTOR isn't competing with WoW as it was 7 years ago.... It's competing with it RIGHT NOW, EXACTLY how it is.

I didnt say anything about wow

Oh yea I remember you now. I thought this thread sounded retarded and familiar.

Still QQing on forums huh? You are pretty butt-hurt.

Edited by Ascendic

We could stop them. And I don't mean with votes. I don't believe the founding fathers would want people to lay down and give up as a corrupt and bloated institution ravaged the first ammendment. They would want... 'action.'

Sometimes, in rare circumstances, mutiny is not only justified; it is righteous.

Or we can also simply not steal things....even digitally....its not yours, not paid for....welll speak all you want....its stil stealing. Sopa needs to pass...

They should of released it with modern day standards, instead we have a single player game with multi player functions and MMO features that literally feel years old. Rift had 1/4 the budget or less and released with almost every MMO feature you could want right out of the box. UI/Dungeons/Questing/several WFs/world events/dynamic content/.. etc

Yes there were bugs, but we weren't missing entire parts of games that make an MMO an MMO. They had all their bases covered when they released and other then QUEs a screwed world event the first month, they nailed it.

I dont get why anyone outside of the US would be concerned about SOPA.

I don't think I can get extradicted to the US being from europe :p

Imagine your favorite American based website being shut down because it had a link with pirated soft where on it.

That's why you should be concerned

Consider how many websites are based out of America

Or we can also simply not steal things....even digitally....its not yours, not paid for....welll speak all you want....its stil stealing. Sopa needs to pass...

Who cares, every1 steals. And those companies make enough money already. Don't tell me people like George Lucas need more Dollar Bills for toilet paper.

Please god, tell me you're trolling

You could not have done such little research into SOPA to want it to pass

Ugh, I usually don't jump into these things... it isn't as much about what is working/not working, it is about what is missing.

I can list them, but I don't need to, if you read the forums you will see thread after thread of what this game is lacking-- most of these threads aren't looking for mind blowing innovation. They are looking for MMO standards and basics that make an MMO interesting to play, functional and fun. You can say that it hasn't been out for this long or that long or 7 years or whatever, that argument is invalid. These games should be built to compete with current expectations of players and MMO standards. They have had 5(?) years and the largest budget IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY to examine all the good systems, UIs, functions, mechanics and so on, and they chose to release a game that is about as bare bones on the "mmo" parts that make an MMO feel like an MMO as they could.

Car companies don't release a car with parts under the hood that 'worked real good' 7 years ago and then just tell their customers to wait while they implement modern day car enhancements and functions.

It is the job of this company to release a game that can match and compete with current systems that have more or less become standards of this genre, and for the most part they did exactly the opposite. That is why people are mad, not because they didn't get exactly what they wanted; they didn't get the basic systems and mechanics that are expected in a modern day MMO. I am mad too, I have been playing these games for around 15 years and SWTOR feels years behind the day it released. (also in beta months ago)

If a car company had done this no one would buy the car. Yet here we are with 1.5mil ppl driving this thing. Now the main issue I'm having with the forums is simply ideological. I don't see the point in complaining as it doesn't get anything done.

So when I see threads complaining about lack of UI customization when in the same thread it is posted that UI customization will be added to the game I don't understand the continued QQ. You either stop playing and move n because it didn't have things you wanted in it that has been confirmed to come in later or wait. Complainingndoes nothing.

This goes for pretty much every complaint thread on the forums. Bioware is not forcing you to stay here or to give them your money. Let them go out of buisnessnif it's such a terrible game. I happen to disagree so I will continue giving them my money to play their game.

Did you just go full retard?

What part of SOPA is not going to stop people from 'stealing' do you not understand?

If a car company had done this no one would buy the car. Yet here we are with 1.5mil ppl driving this thing. Now the main issue I'm having with the forums is simply ideological. I don't see the point in complaining as it doesn't get anything done.

So when I see threads complaining about lack of UI customization when in the same thread it is posted that UI customization will be added to the game I don't understand the continued QQ. You either stop playing and move n because it didn't have things you wanted in it that has been confirmed to come in later or wait. Complainingndoes nothing.

This goes for pretty much every complaint thread on the forums. Bioware is not forcing you to stay here or to give them your money. Let them go out of buisnessnif it's such a terrible game. I happen to disagree so I will continue giving them my money to play their game.

I think alot of us sad because all of the money went to making a single player experience and very little to designing an MMO. I don't think anyone wants this game to fail (at least not many) but we are just bummed because as it is right now because this game is missing. I feel their priorities were really misplaced.

Anyone who has seen these kind of crazy numbers at every release has also seen them completely dissipate within the first 3 months or less, I am seeing the same pattern with this game I think time will tell that it is true. AOC/WAR/RIFT were all supposed to be the best ever, 2 barely exist and one has shrank by unbelievable amounts but still maintains a steady base. If they don't nail it within the first 45 days or so, there is little chance to come back from it. IMO I think this game is missing more to it then any AAA title before it.

Imagine your favorite American based website being shut down because it had a link with pirated soft where on it.

That's why you should be concerned

Consider how many websites are based out of America

Probably shouldnt go to shady sites that have oirated anything.....see being honest is good...piracy is not ok

I think alot of us sad because all of the money went to making a single player experience and very little to designing an MMO. I don't think anyone wants this game to fail (at least not many) but we are just bummed because as it is right now because this game is missing. I feel their priorities were really misplaced.

Anyone who has seen these kind of crazy numbers at every release has also seen them completely dissipate within the first 3 months or less, I am seeing the same pattern with this game I think time will tell that it is true. AOC/WAR/RIFT were all supposed to be the best ever, 2 barely exist and one has shrank by unbelievable amounts but still maintains a steady base. If they don't nail it within the first 45 days or so, there is little chance to come back from it. IMO I think this game is missing more to it then any AAA title before it.

I ask you why do you care? Unless you are employed by bioware it doesn't matter what happens with this game in 45 days. If you are having fun, continue to play the game. If not stop playing. Seems simple enough to me.

I would feel different if people were talking about things that were already confirmed by bioware to be coming later. But that's not what people are doing. They are complaining over things that are going to be put in later or complaining about design choices which is exactly that, a choice. You don't have to agree with it but bioware did it with some reason in mind.

I am sorry you have been disappointed with this product but every1 I kno is enjoying it, bugs and all. Lack of customizable UI and all, lack of duel spec and all. It seems some people have forgotten the point of video games is to have fun, and while that term is subjective, if this game isn't fun for you maybe you shouldn't play it.