The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware needs a new philosophy

Blackwater

The OP sounds like hes Trolling. Just thought I would point that out.

Best way to voice your displeasure with the game is to cancel and uninstall, then never visit the forums again.

BTW, would someone mind explaining what this SOPA bill is supposed to be? Never heard of it.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I get it!

So if say you were from the USA I could say that you in fact LOVE war mongering and killing civilians in other countries where you have no business because you are a citizen of the USA and are not entitled to your own opinion?

We have business in other countries because we make it our business.

Edited by darthdoll

The OP sounds like hes Trolling. Just thought I would point that out.

Best way to voice your displeasure with the game is to cancel and uninstall, then never visit the forums again.

BTW, would someone mind explaining what this SOPA bill is supposed to be? Never heard of it.

I will attempt to explain in layman's terms.

Imagine if AIDS, Cancer, Syphilis, Spanish Flu, The black plague and beaver fever were all rubbed onto a piece of paper.

This is the SOPA bill.

Um...I guess you don't understand where we are coming from. What exactly isn't working? The game I have runs fine with a few minor bugs here and there. And I'm 50. And while I level to 50 I had a couple of epic world pvp moments. Also got banked by a 4 man group.

So again I ask u, what exactly isn't working?

Ugh, I usually don't jump into these things... it isn't as much about what is working/not working, it is about what is missing.

I can list them, but I don't need to, if you read the forums you will see thread after thread of what this game is lacking-- most of these threads aren't looking for mind blowing innovation. They are looking for MMO standards and basics that make an MMO interesting to play, functional and fun. You can say that it hasn't been out for this long or that long or 7 years or whatever, that argument is invalid. These games should be built to compete with current expectations of players and MMO standards. They have had 5(?) years and the largest budget IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY to examine all the good systems, UIs, functions, mechanics and so on, and they chose to release a game that is about as bare bones on the "mmo" parts that make an MMO feel like an MMO as they could.

Car companies don't release a car with parts under the hood that 'worked real good' 7 years ago and then just tell their customers to wait while they implement modern day car enhancements and functions.

It is the job of this company to release a game that can match and compete with current systems that have more or less become standards of this genre, and for the most part they did exactly the opposite. That is why people are mad, not because they didn't get exactly what they wanted; they didn't get the basic systems and mechanics that are expected in a modern day MMO. I am mad too, I have been playing these games for around 15 years and SWTOR feels years behind the day it released. (also in beta months ago)

I did and I saw a no win situation you so eloquently laid out. If that's the outcome without any hope in sight y r u still on the forums?

Illum has no incentive to kill other players, you can basically just sit in one area and get champion gear. This never should have left beta in this condition because if Bioware DOESN'T fix this, Ilum will be a ghost town, if they DO fix it, there will be thousands of people will great gear, while new comers will get face rolled.

Copy-pasted for your convenience

I will attempt to explain in layman's terms.

Imagine if AIDS, Cancer, Syphilis, Spanish Flu, The black plague and beaver fever were all rubbed onto a piece of paper.

This is the SOPA bill.

...Ok...Tell me in complicated terms because what you just said makes it sound like all the major gaming companies want all of their customers to die horrible, painful deaths.

I like that all the people who have no faith in Bioware are quitting only a week in. That will help the game so much because the idiots will all be gone.

btw get off the forums if you don't have the game anymore. You are just embarrassing yourself. So I'm glad ppl like this are going so quickly. More game for the rest of us to enjoy.

Ugh, I usually don't jump into these things... it isn't as much about what is working/not working, it is about what is missing.

I can list them, but I don't need to, if you read the forums you will see thread after thread of what this game is lacking-- most of these threads aren't looking for mind blowing innovation. They are looking for MMO standards and basics that make an MMO interesting to play, functional and fun. You can say that it hasn't been out for this long or that long or 7 years or whatever, that argument is invalid. These games should be built to compete with current expectations of players and MMO standards. They have had 5(?) years and the largest budget IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY to examine all the good systems, UIs, functions, mechanics and so on, and they chose to release a game that is about as bare bones on the "mmo" parts that make an MMO feel like an MMO as they could.

Car companies don't release a car with parts under the hood that 'worked real good' 7 years ago and then just tell their customers to wait while they implement modern day car enhancements and functions.

It is the job of this company to release a game that can match and compete with current systems that have more or less become standards of this genre, and for the most part they did exactly the opposite. That is why people are mad, not because they didn't get exactly what they wanted; they didn't get the basic systems and mechanics that are expected in a modern day MMO. I am mad too, I have been playing these games for around 15 years and SWTOR feels years behind the day it released. (also in beta months ago)

You also dont continue paying the car manufacturer monthly after you have already purchased said car to develop said upgrades now do you?

Illum has no incentive to kill other players, you can basically just sit in one area and get champion gear. This never should have left beta in this condition because if Bioware DOESN'T fix this, Ilum will be a ghost town, if they DO fix it, there will be thousands of people will great gear, while new comers will get face rolled.

Copy-pasted for your convenience

I dont know what you mean by sitting in one area, when I go to Ilum I capture all the points if I can, the weekly and daily's give you great gear. Also, the incentive for killing the players is if you kill one, that count for the quests, and you get valor points.

If Bioware REALLY wanted

to do something smart, they would have had 20 levels of class story and voice over, and then put the rest of funding into end game.

WHY does it supposedly take 200 hours to get to level 50, but it takes one night to clear all the end game content?

Let me make this painfully clear. Bioware DOES NOT HAVE THE LUXURY of waiting 2 years after release to have good end game. YOU might be willing to wait that long for solid end game, but i guarantee the other million people don't

Because its not about the raiding end game in a STORY DRIVEN mmo. Ops are just something fun to sash....roll an alt and experience a whole new storyline. Think of it like this, u r playingbKOTOR3. With a monthly DLC

You also dont continue paying the car manufacturer monthly after you have already purchased said car to develop said upgrades now do you?

You don't but it is very hard for me to deny that they released a very finished SP experience and a very unfinished MMO. This feels like the first MMO I can actually beat.

...Ok...Tell me in complicated terms because what you just said makes it sound like all the major gaming companies want all of their customers to die horrible, painful deaths.

Nope I think you understand exactly what it is. Not just the gaming companies but the MPAA / RIAA as well which is the purest form of cancer you can find naturally.

Did you not read my post?

Put flashpoints on planets, not on one space station and make us GO OUT to collect crafting materials instead of just sending our companions.

There's two solutions off the top of my head

Its All About Choosing, you COULD stop sending your companions and go Farm the stuff for yourself. !

and i bet if you make ppl go out for FP's you will see ppl crying over, that they will have to move to get to a FP.

These forums is only ppls oppinions , none of us is right Neither are we right.!

but in the end it is ALL about Choosing what you do with the game.. you CHOSE to quit it fine and fair.

Edited by natteulven

Oh great, so now not only have we bought a product that's below standards, we have to CONTINUE paying them in hopes that they will fix it.

You REALLY defended your position well

Its All About Choosing, you COULD stop sending your companions and go Farm the stuff for yourself. !

and i bet if you make ppl go out for FP's you will see ppl crying over, that they will have to move to get to a FP.

These forums is only ppls oppinions , none of us is right Neither are we right.!

but in the end it is ALL about Choosing what you do with the game.. you CHOSE to quit it fine and fair.

Why would I do that when it's more efficient to send my companions?

What about this do you NOT understand?

Oh great, so now not only have we bought a product that's below standards, we have to CONTINUE paying them in hopes that they will fix it.

Who said it was below standards? What standards may i ask? Please link me to a set of MMO standards that gaming companies must adhere to.

It is below YOUR standards maybe.

You see where this is going? It is all relative. These are YOUR opinions. Not everyone shares them.

Edited by Ascendic

Who said it was below standards? What standards may i ask? Please link me to a set of MMO standards that gaming companies must adhere to.

You see where this is going? It is all relative. These are YOUR opinions. Not everyone shares them.

No, it is definitely as far as MMO mechanics/UI go, very very far below standards.

Who said it was below standards?

No customizable UI

Numerous bugs

Ilum is a mess

End game is being downed within days after release

No, this is definitely below standards

No customizable UI

Numerous bugs

Ilum is a mess

End game is being downed within days after release

No, this is definitely below standards

Actually sounds quite similar to almost every other MMO release tbh....

Sounds right on par with standards. No issues here they are right on track.

No? Then you were not around for many other mmo releases.

Customizable UI? That is personal preference. Many MMO's do not support this. I could care less.

Edited by Ascendic

Welcome to every game worth playing for every platform (besides handhelds)that has been released since 2008.

If you want me to make a list I would be more than welcome. However I will just point out how buggy Skyrim was when it launched and consider my point made :p