The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bounty Hunter Tank Help ; ;

sotaka

So I've noticed I can garner the hate of all the enemies in the area. I can hold hate on all of them, spinning around in a hellfire of swirly fire-death and super-powered Shoryuken's. I can peel enemies off my healer almost instantly, dragging them halfway across the screen before doing a classic Scorpion uppercut while screaming "GET OVER HE---SHORYUKEN!"...

But for the life of me, I can not seem to survive as long as I feel I should.

I work with an Imperial Agent of the Operative variety. She tries her best to keep me up, but I can't tell if it's just me, or if perhaps we're not a good mesh of classes.

Has anyone else had experience with this combination? What causes a tank to fall so fast? What stats do I need to try to up if I think I'm dying too fast? I focus on Endurance and Aim, thinking that would be enough - with my Armor/Absorbtion being equally important on pieces I can find it on. But even that never feels like enough.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Has anyone else had experience with this combination? What causes a tank to fall so fast? What stats do I need to try to up if I think I'm dying too fast? I focus on Endurance and Aim, thinking that would be enough - with my Armor/Absorbtion being equally important on pieces I can find it on. But even that never feels like enough.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Well I have been experiencing some very strange dyeing here and there. I have 7400 hp and about 50% damage absorption when in tanking stance. I am in 100% health and two mobs that are 5 levels lower than me kill me in 1sec. It happens even when I dont detect that there is any network lag.

When I respawn and kill attack them again and let them pummel me 1 minute they can barely take away 20% of my health and I easily solo them when in first fight they killed me in 1 sec. I play on pvp server but this kind of strange dyeing in sec have happened too inside solo story areas that are not accessible to other players.

I hope that there would be some type of combat log so you could see what actually killed you in 1 sec.

Edited by Nordicus

what are your stats?

would help me make a more informed observation.

i have a BH PT as my main and I never die.

My stat priority is defense rating, endurance, shield chance, shield absorption, and aim.

I have not theory crafted anything right now, but this has kept me alive through dungeons and heroic quests up to lvl 37. I have 9k health and 4000~ armor (45% damage reduction).

Your main problem at 50 will be when people start getting epic gear and using OP stats like surge rating, and when your sniper friend crits for 5000 damage constantly (I'm not exaggerating), and literally nothing you can do besides taunt will let you keep agro without hitting the heat cap.

Shield tech needs A LOT of work.