Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

I'm not taking sides either for/against this outcome. What needs to be pointed out is 2 key factors...

1) Players of a lower level in a high level area is a violation of ToS. Going there, you're breaking the ToS that you agreed to (learn to read it next time).

please do point out the specific lines in the ToS that states a lower lvl player is not allowed to enter a non lvl locked zone...go ahead i'll wait.

Are lowies going to ilium to exploit? yes. Are ALL lowbies that go to ilum going there to exploit? No.

Should every lowbie that goes there not to exploit but to further crew skills, loot the odd chest and genrally explore be insulted by the community and banned or suspended by bio?

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please do point out the specific lines in the ToS that states a lower lvl player is not allowed to enter a non lvl locked zone...go ahead i'll wait.

Are lowies going to ilium to exploit? yes. Are ALL lowbies that go to ilum going there to exploit? No.

Should every lowbie that goes there not to exploit but to further crew skills, loot the odd chest and genrally explore be insulted by the community and banned or suspended by bio?

First off we dont know if this is even true so dont get all indignant about how low levels can go anywhere blah blah blah. Second the line in the ToS that says something to the effect of "you have to follow all rules and direction from the GM staff" is what applies here. It doesnt have to be written down to be against the rules. If we believe this email (I dont) it says it was CLEARLY communicated not to do what he did yet he continued to do it anyways. That is why if true he got banned.

First off we dont know if this is even true so dont get all indignant about how low levels can go anywhere blah blah blah. Second the line in the ToS that says something to the effect of "you have to follow all rules and direction from the GM staff" is what applies here. It doesnt have to be written down to be against the rules. If we believe this email (I dont) it says it was CLEARLY communicated not to do what he did yet he continued to do it anyways. That is why if true he got banned.

Then I would like to know, where it CLEARLY states (By not leveling past... Say, 20?) that you're not allowed to go to Ilum?

Then I would like to know, where it CLEARLY states (By not leveling past... Say, 20?) that you're not allowed to go to Ilum?

It said it was clearly communicated TO HIM not to do whatever he was doing. That being said there is no reason to go there at level 20. Plenty to explore without having to go there. You want to go there now only because you were told not to.

For those with doubts:

Please read that.

WHAAAAT???!?!

What the hell is wrong with BW? Every time I come to these forums I begin to dislike them more and more. Suspending people because they make poor design choices.

WHAAAAT???!?!

What the hell is wrong with BW? Every time I come to these forums I begin to dislike them more and more. Suspending people because they make poor design choices.

There is more to the story I bet.

Edited by Gohlar

There is more to the story I bet.

If that CS e-mail is real, it essentially explains the entire situation pretty well and concisely. They don't want low levels going to high level planets. There does not appear to be 'more' to it at all. :confused:

It said it was clearly communicated TO HIM not to do whatever he was doing. That being said there is no reason to go there at level 20. Plenty to explore without having to go there. You want to go there now only because you were told not to.

I got the exact same email, just FYI. It wasn't clearly communicated to me in any way. So your argument is invalid.

I got the exact same email, just FYI. It wasn't clearly communicated to me in any way. So your argument is invalid.

Oh please you did not get the same email. Also according to the only people that matter (Bioware) it WAS clear.

I've read a few pages on this and had an idea...

Even though this seems, to the rest of us, to be a rather harsh and "insane" event, it also might be BW's way of combating the evil that is gold sellers.

Granted, the planet might need to be locked but we're already getting spam from these abominations of the intrawebs and who knows, they're probably doing this already so the rest of us get punished for doing something that "looks similar" to that (this also includes "playing the market")

Does not sound like a exploit to me, and if bio ware see's it as that remove same faction charters not ban some one for using there brine.

Wait - we can charter factions? Do you mean like hire the Sith Empire for a day?

And who exactly has been banned for using salty water for anything?

If I may add:

1) If you are supposed to be in bed or doing homework DON'T bot instead. Why not? YOU GET BANNED IN WEEK 1 LOL then whine about it. NO botting! It is in the EULA.

2) If you level up your slicing and that's the best/only place to get slicing XP DON'T EVER USE A BOT TO DO IT. What should you do? Let's just say don't do what Mr. Epic fail banned in WEEK 1 did LOL. Farm it.

3) INFORM your friends about the kid who fails and lied. He was banned. Trying to use a bot in WEEK 1 LOL. Let them know that BIOWARE PROBABLY LOL'D TO TEARS THAT HE TRIED THIS IN WEEK 1. Traveling to this planet is not considered a bannable offense! The game is almost A WEEK OLD AND YOU TRIED TO FARM WITH A BOT ROFLCOPTER!! and saying that never gets old. Players like you are good for a morning laugh!

4) Close the forum posts about it. LEARN that people are really this dumb. He made a mistake and got CUSTOMER SERVICE in the form of a ban and will grow from it. LYING TO THE COMMUNITY won't bring your account back. It will only aggravate the community (and ultimately, MAKE YOU THE LAUGHING STOCK OF WEEK 1)

Ultimately, please stop responding. HE BOTTED. OWN the mistake. YOU CHOSE not to level the right way in the zone, and CHOOSING not to COST YOU YOUR ACCOUNT~~

Things learned:

1) LOL@WEEK1 /facepalm

Edit:

2) The faked emails sent to yourself in an attempt to substantiate such silly assertions is a nice touch, but still weak.

Edited by Graaven

If I may add:

1) If you are supposed to be in bed or doing homework DON'T bot instead. Why not? YOU GET BANNED IN WEEK 1 LOL then whine about it. NO botting! It is in the EULA.

2) If you level up your slicing and that's the best/only place to get slicing XP DON'T EVER USE A BOT TO DO IT. What should you do? Let's just say don't do what Mr. Epic fail banned in WEEK 1 did LOL. Farm it.

3) INFORM your friends about the kid who fails and lied. He was banned. Trying to use a bot in WEEK 1 LOL. Let them know that BIOWARE PROBABLY LOL'D TO TEARS THAT HE TRIED THIS IN WEEK 1. Traveling to this planet is not considered a bannable offense! The game is almost A WEEK OLD AND YOU TRIED TO FARM WITH A BOT ROFLCOPTER!! and saying that never gets old. Players like you are good for a morning laugh!

4) Close the forum posts about it. LEARN that people are really this dumb. He made a mistake and got CUSTOMER SERVICE in the form of a ban and will grow from it. LYING TO THE COMMUNITY won't bring your account back. It will only aggravate the community (and ultimately, MAKE YOU THE LAUGHING STOCK OF WEEK 1)

Ultimately, please stop responding. HE BOTTED. OWN the mistake. YOU CHOSE not to level the right way in the zone, and CHOOSING not to COST YOU YOUR ACCOUNT~~

Things learned:

1) LOL@WEEK1 /facepalm

Edit:

2) The faked emails sent to yourself in an attempt to substantiate such silly assertions is a nice touch, but still weak.

Did you ever think of actually leaving your house and getting off the computer for a bit? You taking a StarWars video game this seriously is starting to worry me a little.

Go get some fresh air. It might do you some good.

Nobody got banned just for exploring Ilum at a low lvl. I will leave it at that. More banned cheater drama.

I don't know why this thread is even still going, with blunt examples of cheating like fake e-mails. Nice touch though.

Edited by Cryptor

Nobody got banned just for exploring Ilum at a low lvl. I will leave it at that. More banned cheater drama.

I don't know why this thread is even still going, with blunt examples of cheating like fake e-mails. Nice touch though.

No ban but an account warning for collecting nodes with a char under level 40 in ilum. Nothing to do with botting. That's what quite a few people got at least.

Which i find quite harsh.

No ban but an account warning for collecting nodes with a char under level 40 in ilum. Nothing to do with botting. That's what quite a few people got at least.

Which i find quite harsh.

When you have a game like this that attracts people who mainly like to whine like little children, Bioware is forced into enforcing the TOS rules very very harshly to keep the whinning cry babies quiet.

Snitches get stitches does not apply to the types of crowds that play games like this.

Screenshot looks like a fishingmail....lol.

You dont recieve mails when you get banned, guys.

I highly doubt that you get a ban just for going to a zone and loot stuff, sorry.

This is made up and is suposed to cover up the real banreason.

Edited by sinsur

Screenshot looks like a fishingmail....lol.

You dont recieve mails when you get banned, guys.

Your right they don't inform you of actions against your account :rolleyes:

So exploiting is bannable, not sure what the problem is.....

Because going to a higher level zone and farming nodes is arguably an exploit in of itself.

Edited by Pyrolight

Your right they don't inform you of actions against your account :rolleyes:

Yap you will just notice that your account is disabled if you try to login. Then you login to the webpage to check and it will give you some information to contact costumor support, i guess.

This is how its handled in all other games. They dont warn you they just kill it and dont talk to you whatsoever.

This seriously looks legit to you?

http://www.lo-ping.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/tXd8N.jpg

This is so fake it hurts.

Edited by sinsur