I would like to see something in game honoring James Earl Jones.

phalczen

I don't think they will do anything because he didn't do any voices for SWTOR or work on the game in any way. Even if he did have a connection to SWTOR, they probably wouldn't because Bioware/Broadsword doesn't like breaking the 4th wall. I see it sometimes but it's pretty rare in this game. I think the developers feel if they did it for one person, they would have to do it for all big names in Star Wars, which would fill the game with too much 4th wall breaking for their liking.

We have the example of Tanno Vik's voice actor (David Anthony Pizzuto) who passed away before the companion's return in Fallen Empire. He doesn't have a monument or tribute anywhere in the game. They just had the character ride off into the sunset with his gang (or going out with a bang). That's the only tribute they will do, writing a fitting end to the character. It says goodbye to the character without breaking the 4th wall.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

We have the example of Tanno Vik's voice actor (David Anthony Pizzuto) who passed away before the companion's return in Fallen Empire

Um.  One of his three voice actors.  The French and German VAs for Vik are still with us, I believe.  (It would make the tribute seem a bit weird for people not playing in English.)

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Um.  One of his three voice actors.  The French and German VAs for Vik are still with us, I believe.  (It would make the tribute seem a bit weird for people not playing in English.)

Yeah, that is something to consider if they were making some physical monument in the game. Still, even the loss of just one voice actor was enough for them to write Tanno Vik out of the story, so from Bioware/Broadsword's perspective they don't require all three voice actors to pass away before they "memorialize" the character.

Edited by ThanderSnB