I can't log into the game on Steam!!!

Jeladre

• Dev Post

Hi there, 

Using this thread to consolidate the most recent Steam reports. @Jeladre @elzozo @KendokaYar @palonos @Sitthorack

Can you please confirm if your Steam accounts are still linked to your SWTOR accounts when you look on your account pages? If your accounts are indeed still linked and you are still experiencing issues with logging in via Steam, please contact support@swtor.com with both your SWTOR account name and Steam IDs/usernames. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

I'm also having this login issue, have just submitted an email to support with the details requested.

I did run the SWTOR launcher diagnostic tool as well, which gave me the below error logs - posting here in-case others are getting the same, or it's helpful in isolating what's wrong.

"ERROR Login failure type 409 observed."
"ERROR Login failure #409i"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb RyanGulliford:

I'm also having this login issue, have just submitted an email to support with the details requested.

I did run the SWTOR launcher diagnostic tool as well, which gave me the below error logs - posting here in-case others are getting the same, or it's helpful in isolating what's wrong.

"ERROR Login failure type 409 observed."
"ERROR Login failure #409i"

i do have the same error shown

"We can't log you in, Please double-check you're using the Steam account you usually play on and try again."

I unlinked this account from Steam today and now I can't link it back. Wonderful:rod_eyes_g:

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JackieKo:

Hi there, 

Using this thread to consolidate the most recent Steam reports. @Jeladre @elzozo @KendokaYar @palonos @Sitthorack

Can you please confirm if your Steam accounts are still linked to your SWTOR accounts when you look on your account pages? If your accounts are indeed still linked and you are still experiencing issues with logging in via Steam, please contact support@swtor.com with both your SWTOR account name and Steam IDs/usernames. 

I can confirm that my steam account is not linked to my swtor account. Plus i can also say that i have severed the link to my steam account yesterday to try and relink them. Trying to fix an issue with steam purchase.

Since the main issue i had at the beginning yesterday was that i could'nt receive the things from the "join the fight bundel", that i have bought on steam receive the things from the "join the fight bundel", that i have bought on steam.
image.png.3e183e3a03a489d7dc518d6d2c9b9e34.png

• Like 2

I just created a new (second) account today (new steam account AND new swtor account) and am having this problem as well.  It keeps giving me the error "We can't log you in.  Please double-check you're using the Steam account you usually play on and try again."  and when I go to swtor.com it shows there is no steam account linked to swtor account.

My normal/original account is working fine and I've had no login issues.

Edited by cannibithobbal
  • Like 3

При попытке войти в аккаунт swtor через steam все еще возникает ошибка. "Мы не можем войти в систему. Проверьте еще раз, используете ли вы аккаунт Steam, с которого обычно играете, и попробуйте еще раз". Аккаунт Swtor не привязан к Steam. 
Когда это будет исправлено?

image.jpeg.69f83099059b663341ea5b9060a912f7.jpeg

Edited by Nillsonn
  • Like 2

I have the same problem, I can’t log into the game, I registered a new game account and a Steam account, still the same error, when will you fix it?

• Like 2

I haven’t been able to play my favorite game for 2 days now, it says that I have another Steam account linked, although nothing is linked, can you fix this, or is the game no longer supported?

• Like 2

I'm having the same problem too.  I'm a returning player and I previously used the swtor launcher from the website to play the game. This time I downloaded the game through Steam. I have not used Steam before to play this game and my Steam account and Swtor account are not linked but when I try to log in on Steam swtor launcher it just says "We can't log you in. Please double-check you're using the Steam account you usually play on and try again."

• Like 3

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, 

The source of this issue has been identified and fixed. If you have been having issues with logging onto Steam, please try again when you have a moment! 

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Yeah, I can't get Swtor to work on Steam either. I put in my credentials, press play, then nothing. Just me staring at Steam, blinking my vacant eyes.

Edit: I redownloaded the game. Seems to have worked. But for how long? Who knows.

Edited by AlainaFlute

• 3 weeks later...

I see this post is more than two weeks old. I found it because I'm having this same issue. I did submit a ticket, but it seems @AlainaFlute is the only one who had the issue fixed. Are other players still having this issue?

@JackieKo what's the update?

Nevermind - Reinstalled it and now it's working.

Edited by Katamort