B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

Posted (edited)

Pro Tip for anybody who wants to quickly get through the 500 Bessi Heals on level 10 of 11.  Hop on a tank or DWT, find a gold alone anywhere, start the fight and just stand there.  You may have to taunt once in a while to keep aggro, but you will just take damage and Bessi will keep popping off heals.  You can also uncheck the 2 "attacks" she has on her in Heal spec if you are doing this on a low level planet.

Of the 3, this one was the quickest and only took me 5 mins.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

lol.  just have Bessie in heal role and take off gear and put on gear... hehe
I created a z;ero-gear loadout and just swap and let Bessie heal... 
😛

Edited by Saeten
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

Pro Tip for anybody who wants to quickly get through the 500 Bessi Heals on level 10 of 11.  Hop on a tank or DWT, find a gold alone anywhere, start the fight and just stand there.  You may have to taunt once in a while to keep aggro, but you will just take damage and Bessi will keep popping off heals.  You can also uncheck the 2 "attacks" she has on her in Heal spec if you are doing this on a low level planet.

Of the 3, this one was the quickest and only took me 5 mins.

This was faster and as a tank you can just afk while it happens 😛  Good tip. thanks.

• Like 1

500 actions is ridiculous. I was at about 150 on all 3 roles after 5 training missions on each. 250 would be appropriate. 500 is just grindy.

1 hour ago, Saeten said:

500 actions is ridiculous. I was at about 150 on all 3 roles after 5 training missions on each. 250 would be appropriate. 500 is just grindy.

It is, but see some of the things I posted above. I got through them all in under 30 mins total (not counting the "real" ones earned while doing the 15 missions).  Grindy yes, but compared to the rest of this system, it is what it is.  At least its not during a week that also has 3 planet-specific modules to grind too!

8 hours ago, Toraak said:

I'm noticing something different today. I've done at least 3 missions that did not count towards Level 4 of Besi. 1 Support, and 2 Combat training modules. I did notice 2 of them were on Makeb.

Besi was in the correct role before I clicked on the module, but I still got 0 credit towards the next rank.

Makeb doesn't count for role missions. I strongly suspect that Makeb was a late addition to the Venture (likely replacing Ziost) because it has some unique bugs to it. It does work just fine for level 9 though.

6 hours ago, HypSpec said:

I am not sure if we can anticipate any further delay from acquiring enough missions to hit the 200 - having to spend the currencies for specific roles missions we may not have enough of? Could it possibly put some of us out of the 200 number by 08/06?

Personally, I have been stockpiling Collected Data from Heroic missions for weeks, so I am expecting to finish up the last of my missions this week and then just finish up the rest of the venture by opening up Collected Data for a few weeks. XD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

It is, but see some of the things I posted above. I got through them all in under 30 mins total (not counting the "real" ones earned while doing the 15 missions).  Grindy yes, but compared to the rest of this system, it is what it is.  At least its not during a week that also has 3 planet-specific modules to grind too!

My point is that this is not Fun to have to just have Bessi out and tag and grind these actions. I'm hoping this discussion leads to a better and improved Venture in the future. Yes, I can kill 2 birds with one stone and do some conquesting with Bessi, but it's the same old content and for those of us that have done the same content 100s of times, it's off putting.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Saeten said:

My point is that this is not Fun to have to just have Bessi out and tag and grind these actions. I'm hoping this discussion leads to a better and improved Venture in the future. Yes, I can kill 2 birds with one stone and do some conquesting with Bessi, but it's the same old content and for those of us that have done the same content 100s of times, it's off putting.

I'd have to assume they thought we'd be having "so much fun" doing this nonsense, we'd just naturally get the 500 heals/attacks/taunts while doing the required 15 quests (which equates to completing 30 daily missions).  In a word: WRONG!  Instead they are the bane of most of our existence, and we try to pound through them as fast as possible, skipping everything that is skippable.  I've been able to figure out the quickest 2 dailies on each planet and just try to do those on repeat on different characters.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:55 PM, DarthNillard said:

I'd have to assume they thought we'd be having "so much fun" doing this nonsense, we'd just naturally get the 500 heals/attacks/taunts while doing the required 15 quests (which equates to completing 30 daily missions).  In a word: WRONG!  Instead they are the bane of most of our existence, and we try to pound through them as fast as possible, skipping everything that is skippable.  I've been able to figure out the quickest 2 dailies on each planet and just try to do those on repeat on different characters.

Exactly. Players will always look to the path of least resistance. 30 missions and I got about 130 actions. Then i had to grind the rest. Grind is a bad word for any player. It's tiresome and burns people out where they stop playing. If the next Venture is like this, I may not even participate.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Exactly. Players will always look to the path of least resistance. 30 missions and I got about 130 actions. Then i had to grind the rest. Grind is a bad word for any player. It's tiresome and burns people out where they stop playing. If the next Venture is like this, I may not even participate.

You can use the Training dummies for the 500 Damage and Tanking attacks. Send the companion on the dummy and watch TV or get food or whatever. Still do the shortest 2 missions (once you have the Data Fragments, if they are still needed at higher ranks).

• Thanks 1

After reading every single comment, I'm not sure I can do this. The time sinc, the horrible RNG, the low cap rate. 

I really do like the companion but this seems like hell just to get 'another' companion. Going through hell is not fun.

I understand the challenge but when the challenge becomes more a gamble/RNG, it's not enjoyable anymore. Might as well just play the slot machines and hope to win the big prize.

I'm only at level 3 and wonder if it's worth my while.

Fun is not longer allowed in SWToR...  It has been replaced by Grind and endless Repetition of the same old stupid garbage over and over again. Mixed in with constant death of your character. for Zero reward.

Your only reward now is a Bill for Thousands of Credits to repair you gear, and the cost of simply playing the game, and I don't mean your subscription either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Banthabreeder said:

After reading every single comment, I'm not sure I can do this. The time sinc, the horrible RNG, the low cap rate. 

I really do like the companion but this seems like hell just to get 'another' companion. Going through hell is not fun.

I understand the challenge but when the challenge becomes more a gamble/RNG, it's not enjoyable anymore. Might as well just play the slot machines and hope to win the big prize.

I stopped doing it a few weeks ago. I still don't understand the interface, don't know what I'm supposed to do in what order, but I've understood it's nothing but repeating old dailies on areas I don't like. All that boring grind would maybe one day give me a companion and some achievements. Not good enough incentive. I have too many companions already and after they added date night achievements that I already decided to skip for so many reasons, it's easier to skip these achievements too. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 3:44 PM, HypSpec said:

That good to hear and thanks for confirming. I guess the next question would be will the influence level be maintained when she is converted to a full-time companion?

Yes, after using a commander compendium on it at 1/11, it's now 11/11 and claimed as permanent companion and is still at 50 influence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I completed the Venture today. Notes on some topics that I figure people will want to know in prep for other people finishing the Venture:

• This has been known for a while, but there is one level after getting Bessi as a permanent companion which gets you a customization. The only tasks for this level are three currency turn ins which combine for two weeks worth of resources (200 of each role data and 600 prototype data total). You can preview the customization in game as it is in collections
  • You can no longer turn in data chips making them worthless, so go ahead and just convert all of them that you have into training modules before you talk to Lane for the finale
  • How do you get training modules if you can't turn in data chips? You buy them from HK. Prices after finishing the Venture are 5k for completely random, 10k for a role specific, and 30k for a daily zone specific.
  • Bessi does not appear in the instance once you take her home. As far as I can tell, Bessi does not appear anywhere on your ship or Odessan. So sadly no more giving her pets
  • Bessi only unlocks on the character that completes the mission. For other characters you will have to claim the Bessi unlock from Collections. As it is Bind on Pickup, you will have to unlock it for all characters (600 CCs) to do so
14 hours ago, Banthabreeder said:

If you don't enjoy then don't do it. No reason to do something you find unfun in a game. However, I would suggest also just trying to take it slow and not worrying about it. This thing is meant to be a marathon not a sprint (yes I know I just finished a sprint, but my fun comes from understanding systems and optimizing solutions from that understanding XD). Just pick up a data chip and convert it to training modules whenever you log in, and run Bessi once or twice a week. It will take a lot longer, but you won't have to worry about caps or RNG anywhere near as much as long as you let a stockpile of training modules build up.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

Bessi does not appear in the instance once you take her home. As far as I can tell, Bessi does not appear anywhere on your ship or Odessan. So sadly no more giving her pets

This by far is one of the most saddest outcomes of finishing this (joking)

fr they should at least have her lounging on the ship or something…. I will miss giving her pets 🥲

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leoperaghost said:

This by far is one of the most saddest outcomes of finishing this (joking)

fr they should at least have her lounging on the ship or something…. I will miss giving her pets 🥲

Yes, and she deserve's a place at least on Odessen; sadly only HK-51 & Treek join you on your Ship as well.

• Yet given we had to work far harder for her than every other Companion.
  • It be nice to Pet her on Oddessen.  :classic_smile:
Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't finish 10/11 because of currency caps :(
Grats to those that completed her already.
Guess i have to wait till next week.
Thank you to those that posted more information on the finale and points/tips to process final chips/stuff etc.

Might as well use the chips and get more training modules for future Ventures, but I'm not sure I'd participate in the same m.o. if they don't change certain aspects.

600cc to unlock on the account is pathetic. For all the work it should be a 0 cost to account unlock.

image.png.a1066a0f4c8baba9e45b5fd905082a30.pngimage.thumb.png.da8dc40198f850446715abac33d248b7.png

Edited by Saeten

1 hour ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:
  • You can no longer turn in data chips making them worthless, so go ahead and just convert all of them that you have into training modules before you talk to Lane for the finale

Congrats and thanks for sharing the insights, but looking to clarify.

You are talking about Memory Chips right? (used to activate Bessi and provides a training module)

You state the need to convert them before the final conversation with Lana. Assuming that once you are able to turn in the 150 for each currency that the next step is a dialogue available from Lana? And that once that dialogue completes, we are no longer able to receive one per day (makes sense as she is now full-time companion)?

If I have that right then would we want to wait until we can collect as many as possible before the next reset (when we start the 200 grind)? Seems like we would want to maximize free training modules since buying them from HK saps currencies to turn in against the 200 and could extend that grind father than 2 weeks potentially. Am I thinking about this correctly?

11 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Thank you to those that posted more information on the finale and points/tips to process final chips/stuff etc.

It will be the same for me. I am on 10-20/200 for each of the three before logging in today and still have some practice counts to hit, but there was no way to make up for the lost week on location RNG, so I should be done too with next week's reset.

Said above, but yes, this system is so BUNK its unbelievable.  Was stuck waiting for the reset to use the HUNDREDS of missions sitting in my inventory across my toons that I can't cash because of these goofy caps.  Immediately at the reset cashed enough to be 100/100/100/300, and guess what?  All 3 research missions at level 10 require 150/150.  So now I have to wait A FULL WEEK of doing NOTHING with this bogus system..... i repeat, NOTHING with this bogus system...... before I can cash in a bunch more missions sitting in my bag next Tuesday.  And after doing that, then I can only advance to start level 11 of 11 and whatever that might entail, with the weekly cap for everything being used before I even start it.  So best case scenario it will take another week to do the missions that level 11 will require, and worst case I don't even want to think about tbh.

Whoever designed this system must have had this in mind, because this is how it feels week after week.  It's so sad it hurts....

rake.gif

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

So I completed the Venture today. Notes on some topics that I figure people will want to know in prep for other people finishing the Venture:

• This has been known for a while, but there is one level after getting Bessi as a permanent companion which gets you a customization. The only tasks for this level are three currency turn ins which combine for two weeks worth of resources (200 of each role data and 600 prototype data total). You can preview the customization in game as it is in collections
  • How do you get training modules if you can't turn in data chips? You buy them from HK. Prices after finishing the Venture are 5k for completely random, 10k for a role specific, and 30k for a daily zone specific.
  • Bessi does not appear in the instance once you take her home. As far as I can tell, Bessi does not appear anywhere on your ship or Odessan. So sadly no more giving her pets
  • Bessi only unlocks on the character that completes the mission. For other characters you will have to claim the Bessi unlock from Collections. As it is Bind on Pickup, you will have to unlock it for all characters (600 CCs) to do so

So after a roughly 3 month monotonous grind across your legacy, they still screw us and require 600 cc's to unlock it for our account? On top of paying a sub.  And you will also have to grind her to affection 50 I assume on each toon you want to use her on, which is an additional grind or cost (credits/gifts or buying a Compendium). What an absolute scam....

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the info

im capped for this week aswell (10/11..missing like 20 prototype^^) ..will reach the final customization level next week=)

so u guys would basically recommend spending all memory chips for free modules this week?..so buying them will not hurt progess in the coming weeks to get to the end asap

but how or what do you mean by giving bessie pets?

u certainly dont mean giving her items to raise the influence level do you?

• Dev Post
2 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

So after a roughly 3 month monotonous grind across your legacy, they still screw us and require 600 cc's to unlock it for our account? On top of paying a sub.  And you will also have to grind her to affection 50 I assume on each toon you want to use her on, which is an additional grind or cost (credits/gifts or buying a Compendium). What an absolute scam....

Hey! Wanted to chime in and relay that the 600 CCs for the unlock was not intended at all and has been updated to the cost of 10 CCs. Any players who did actually pay the 600 CC cost will be refunded. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Saeten said:

Might as well use the chips and get more training modules for future Ventures, but I'm not sure I'd participate in the same m.o. if they don't change certain aspects.

600cc to unlock on the account is pathetic. For all the work it should be a 0 cost to account unlock.

image.png.a1066a0f4c8baba9e45b5fd905082a30.pngimage.thumb.png.da8dc40198f850446715abac33d248b7.png

I have 2 weeks of just waiting for the Systems Data weekly caps to reset, I used too many to get past the RNG mission stage

• Like 1