The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So, about Shae......

BeyoBijan

Posted (edited)

I never really liked her, I've never been into the Mandalorian Hype, and I disliked how even the most lightsided of Lightside Jedi never at least gets the option to question her on her part of the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Now, after she directly betrayed the trust of the Player Character by freeing Malgus, do you think we'll get the chance to take her out, or is she too popular for that?

Edited by BeyoBijan
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Even if she's popular, a betrayal like this warrants an option for the players to off her if they desire too. Fair is fair even tho I won't do it myself. 

Good moment IMO, 2nd best betrayalton in SWTOR after Scorpio

Edited by Pietrastor
  • Like 1

I think that depends if you view what she did as a betrayal of PC. I don't. As she said, she has allied the Clans with PC, not the Republic or the Empire's governments. Even both Powers acknowledge this. If there is an option, (and I don't think it's necessary) I won't be taking it.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb JakRoanin:

I think that depends if you view what she did as a betrayal of PC. I don't. As she said, she has allied the Clans with PC, not the Republic or the Empire's governments. Even both Powers acknowledge this. If there is an option, (and I don't think it's necessary) I won't be taking it.

Whether you'd call it betrayal or not, she definitely attacked your Forces and freed an important Asset / POW.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BeyoBijan said:

I disliked how even the most lightsided of Lightside Jedi never at least gets the option to question her on her part of the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Does our character - or anyone else - even know she was involved? It feels like she left no witnesses before bailing.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Gamer_Auto:

Does our character - or anyone else - even know she was involved? It feels like she left no witnesses before bailing.

Theron knew, he mentioned it to her in Old Wounds (in front of the Player Character) and I doubt he didn't share it with the Commander beforehand.

22 hours ago, BeyoBijan said:

Theron knew, he mentioned it to her in Old Wounds (in front of the Player Character) and I doubt he didn't share it with the Commander beforehand.

When does Old Wounds happen? It's been a while since I played that, so I forgot.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gamer_Auto:

When does Old Wounds happen? It's been a while since I played that, so I forgot.

It's actually quite the recent update, only came out less than 1 year ago.

She's definitely a dead woman.  I don't know any of my characters who would spare her at this point except maybe my consular ("Jedi don't kill prisoners" etc.).  Her attitude in SoR annoyed me and mandos have always been too crazy for my taste.  I'm with Carth and Bao-Dur when it comes to Mandalorian "honor".  This was just the last straw.

8 minutes ago, BelorfinSiana said:

She's definitely a dead woman.  I don't know any of my characters who would spare her at this point except maybe my consular ("Jedi don't kill prisoners" etc.).  Her attitude in SoR annoyed me and mandos have always been too crazy for my taste.  I'm with Carth and Bao-Dur when it comes to Mandalorian "honor".  This was just the last straw.

Do you really believe we'll get the option to kill Shae? She will live forever just like Malgus.

I have no desire to kill Shea, I adore Bao-Dur, and Carth Onasi, but that's doesn't mean I agree with their views of the Mando'ade. The Sith used and abused them for thousands upon thousands of years. This is just more of the same.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb JakRoanin:

I have no desire to kill Shea, I adore Bao-Dur, and Carth Onasi, but that's doesn't mean I agree with their views of the Mando'ade. The Sith used and abused them for thousands upon thousands of years. This is just more of the same.

They were used as pawns for sure, but it is not like they were innocent victims. Nobody forced them to genocide the Cathar, just for example.

40 minutes ago, BeyoBijan said:

They were used as pawns for sure, but it is not like they were innocent victims. Nobody forced them to genocide the Cathar, just for example.

I didn't say they were innocent, but the Mandalor of that time knew Vitiate personally! Just like 300 yrs later the Sith Dark Council pushed Mandalor the Vindicated into the role. 

Posted (edited)

I know my smuggler will kill her if given the opportunity and considering in the past they allowed this for some characters, it is only fair now.   While some may not see it as a betrayal, my smuggler will as she trusted her.  While it was droids that were destroyed, she still freed a dangerous person and that is unforgivable in my book and betrayed my trust.   What my shadows will do remains to be seen that will depend but she still betrayed their trust.

Edited by casirabit

To each their own, I don't object to people disliking characters or even wanting to get rid of them, however, I still find it ridiculous that we can't tell Lana to go home.

• Like 1

I always liked Shae but this one is the last straw, at least my main an inquisitor, she started having a problem with her when my pc was trying to get information from Sha'ar and then here comes Shae guns blazing if she had the option to give her a shocking slap she would have, then when we capture Malgus, not her, she had to butt in on the interrogation regardless of what we had to say on the matter and finally after everything she goes awol and just decides to let him loose going behind our backs after all the trouble we had to restrain him?!
Shae is a loose cannon and has her heart on the sleeve which makes her unpredictable someone like that cannot be trusted and like she admitted she is not fit for leadership.
So my inquisitor, if given the chance will kill her the others we will see what other options are on the table.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I respect Shea because she never claimed that she deserved or was right for the position of Manda'lor quite the opposite, we need to see how it all plays out.

Edited by JakRoanin

I’m so tired of Mandalorians taking the spotlight that I just want to exterminate every single one. Loved picking every singe rude and demeaning dialogue option with Shae and would love to kill her if there is an option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2024 at 8:17 PM, Paulsutherland said:

This Mandalorian squabbling had the Dark Council annoyed before she attacked the station. Thanks the Shae I feel my position on the Dark Council is now threatened if I don't deal with this immediately. 

That's pretty much how I see it with my Darth Imperius - it doesn't exactly sound like the Dark Council approves of how connected Imperius is with the Mandos, and Shae's prison break really complicates things. Shae's now gotta go.

Honestly, I am still not sure why she goes to Malgus of all people.

1) The PC helped her during the KOTFE/KOTET and had her in our alliance.  She knows we can lead and have earned respect amongst the clans.  Heck, we've been fighting alongside her throughout this Heta thing (btw is Heta going to be Torians mom or cousin or something?  I really feel like they're going to pull in the SWTOR version of Virmire story beat into this and have led us towards some kind of connection in the early parts of the story, but I digress).

2) Sure her and Malgus go back to the Sacking of Corucant and even earlier but really?  He betrayed you thrice already!  Sure he's an inspiring leader, incredibly shrewd and awesome, but so are we.  Again going back to point 1 just also yeah they have a history but not recent.

3) It seemed so out of place.  Maybe because this story has been going on for 3 years now but I do not remember them in the same room after the Vanilla game (technically 1.XX before ROTHC released not 1.0 but still) so does she speak to Malgus and they still have good terms and I just don't remember?  It kind of just happens and is like "yeah we were allies once, I know you're an excellent leader lead my people although I despised you for many years after you torched me a couple times."  This leads me to point #1 AGAIN.  lol.  We've been on her side and now.... Malgus is Mandalore the Breaker of Chains? Mandalore the Returned? Mandalore the Betrayer? Mandalore the Everlasting/Pheonix/Resurrected?  (dope names but still, I digress.)

It all just happens and I literally dropped my jaw and said "why? this does not make sense."  Felt too shoehorned.  I knew Malgus would escape, I just figure Sahar, Heta, or Rikon would as it seemed Malgus hinted he had "agents" skulking about.  Maybe that's just it?  Maybe Shae got Nulled by Malgus at one point and shes doing his will?  Idk.  A side note: I was thinking Heta finishes her machine, Nulls Shae, publicly makes her kneel, the Arbiter asks us to redeem to Mandos, we fight, kill Heta, destroy Machine, save Shae somehow and she lives, disgraced and stepping down as Mandalore as Rass or someone becomes the new Mandalore. 

Either way, I will reserve a final judgment until this story is finished on whether I think its good or bad.  I just hate not having story or things to do while I wait for new story.  Doesn't need to be the size of KOTFE/KOTET everytime, but I literally can finish an updated story in half an hour (with bonus missions and exploration to find any lore objects).  An expansion should be hours of story and updates maybe an hour or two imho.  But alas, I understand circumstances are tight for the devs, but maybe poll the community and see what our thoughts are in our entirety and then ensure resources go to like the top 3 items or something.  Reveal, publicly, poll results and feedback received, the good, bad, ugly and then complainers can see "well we are minority so eh" or "hey we are right majority of us want xyz so this should be the focus."  that way they can retarget to the majority of the fanbase and refocus on want will most certainly generate more revenue and players and then this time DONT FUNNEL THE PROFITS TO OTHER PROJECTS just put it back into the dev team and the game (pay your people lol).  But I digress.

TLDR: Shae siding with Malgus makes little sense to me for reasons explained.  I'll reserve final judgment until I can look back on the entire story.  It just definitely felt out of place.  Bonus: constructive and professional advice and thoughts for devs to maybe make things better long term and some theories I had throughout the last three year's story that were torpedoed but it was fun to theorize :)

• Like 1