The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shaders a little off after 7.5 update (Light Devotee's Robe and potentially more?)

Heya o/

The shaders seem to be a little off for the Light Devotee's Robe after the 7.5 update. To illustrate I attached some screenshots. The overall problem seems that there's is no proper light coming from above anymore. Even tried on the "sunny" areas. Still a massive "shadow" over your character's head/shoulders. Also added the preview with a White and White Dye Module for an even better illustration of the problem.
I did try several different (hooded) outfits, which didn't seem to have this issue. I hope this is a singular occurance and it would be nice to get it fixed. Maybe there are some more shader issues/bugs after the 7.5 patch?

Cheers!
Edi

image3.png

image2.png

image1.png

Shaders_Question_Mark.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed this too on the Discharged Infantry Boots, and especially on the Patient Defender's armor set. Depending on the light shining on the character it's less noticable. This also happens with the hood and headpiece.

7.5PatientDefender1.png.61fde395a0237547a7a2a553f1ee32b7.png

7.5 Patient Defender 2.png

7.5 Patient Defender 3.png

7.5 Patient Defender 4.png

Glad i'm not the only one with this issue. 

I have my Pub main with the Life Day Officer jacket, stamped with a black/white dye. In a lit up interior (Yavin SH used) the jacket looks normal. The moment i step outside, the jacket goes dark over practically the entire piece. This didn't happen prior to 7.5. 

The interior screenshot lines up with how it's meant to look on character select. 

So somehow, exteriors or darker areas completely break the jacket.

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (167).png

Screenshot (168).png

I've got the Arctic Scout set with a white-brown dye on one character. It now looks brown-grey, basically wash day!

On another character I used a red-black dye on the same outfit and again it looks like wash day - horrible. Based demonstrated if I preview a green-white dye - where the heck does all this black come from?!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684389896437497869/1246141653941485599/image.png?ex=665b4f5a&is=6659fdda&hm=76cf000dce0c6870addc06ef3cd62b0855a8794ff378bd5564e679746550a046&