combat style change

Posted (edited)

The drop in health is because your loadout is either missing gear or using lower rated gear. Try it yourself, take a piece of gear off and watch your health drop. Your max health is tied to your Endurance stat.

Edited by Traceguy

It also has to remove and reequip gear meaning the max drops and then goes back up requiring you to heal which takes like 3-5 seconds.

I'm cool with the idea of letting us hotbar our loadouts, but honestly, the other restrictions mean switching isn't that fast anyway.

If you're in groupfinder you can't swap at all, and you have to leave the instance if you want to swap between combat styles.

But ultimately, it has to do a lot behind the scenes, so I'm not sure how much faster they could reasonably make it.

Is something specific prompting this? If I knew your reasoning it may help provide better feedback

19 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

It also has to remove and reequip gear meaning the max drops and then goes back up requiring you to heal which takes like 3-5 seconds.

I'm cool with the idea of letting us hotbar our loadouts, but honestly, the other restrictions mean switching isn't that fast anyway.

If you're in groupfinder you can't swap at all, and you have to leave the instance if you want to swap between combat styles.

But ultimately, it has to do a lot behind the scenes, so I'm not sure how much faster they could reasonably make it.

Is something specific prompting this? If I knew your reasoning it may help provide better feedback

it should be a complete fill. I use it tactfully, I use it often. I mainly use melee but, often, I need my range style.

Like it should heal you up immediately after? I mean, you can just hit the regen ability right after switching. It's one extra click and takes a couple seconds to heal to full at most.

Again, I agree that being able to hotbar it is fine and really is just more convenient, but mechanically nothing would change and I really don't think it needs to.

The effort they'd have to put into revamping the loadout system (Which is already more generous than most MMOs) would better be put elsewhere.

You ask me if we focus on anything loadout related, I think your gear should go into a separate inventory for your loadouts. But that's a personal QoL complaint

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 8:16 AM, Rohndogg said:

Like it should heal you up immediately after? I mean, you can just hit the regen ability right after switching. It's one extra click and takes a couple seconds to heal to full at most.

Again, I agree that being able to hotbar it is fine and really is just more convenient, but mechanically nothing would change and I really don't think it needs to.

The effort they'd have to put into revamping the loadout system (Which is already more generous than most MMOs) would better be put elsewhere.

You ask me if we focus on anything loadout related, I think your gear should go into a separate inventory for your loadouts. But that's a personal QoL complaint

sometime, you forget. I'm always wanting more advantages. now, I wanna be able to switch mid-fight. I'm always wanting more advantages. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Firelieutenant said:

I agree there needs to be a little button on the quickbar or a drop down somewhere the be able to switch to another load out quickly

It probably should be buttons in the Abilities panel so you can drag them onto quickbars, and then bind keys to them if you want.

• Like 3

Well, they could put the icons on the loadout page. You can drag the icon from your crew skill window at the top to create a clickable button for your hotbar. (I know a lot of you are probably learning this for the first time right now) Why not just put it in the loadout page?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

Well, they could put the icons on the loadout page. You can drag the icon from your crew skill window at the top to create a clickable button for your hotbar. (I know a lot of you are probably learning this for the first time right now) Why not just put it in the loadout page?

That would work as well.

• Like 2