Guild Transfer

I have a character with a guild with no other members, can I transfer the character with the guild to another server, and retain said guild? I would like to transfer this character to a server where I have no guild off my own on. Is this possible or not?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cloneofdax said:

Think the issue is, that if the guild does not transfer, then there's no point in moving to the new server. 

I abandoned 3 fully unlocked, level 65 plus guilds on SS to move to SF. SS is basically a ghost town in comparison, even DM has a larger active population.

Guilds are pointless if group content only pops during prime time.

Edited by Darkestmonty

Not the point at all, clearly has a guild ship not in use on the server due to last server merge. So moving to the new server with the guild ship has purpose. If the ship does not move with the character transfer, there is no point in moving the character. That is what was been asked.

Ok you answered the question, that it does not move. 

Your point about groups does not bother everyone, as many are solo players. Many run casual guilds, not all are for running Op's or PvP or any group activity. Many players use guilds to transfer stuff between multiple accounts. I know I do that.

Not to mention that SS is not dead by any means, I play on that server.

7 hours ago, cloneofdax said:

Not the point at all, clearly has a guild ship not in use on the server due to last server merge. So moving to the new server with the guild ship has purpose. If the ship does not move with the character transfer, there is no point in moving the character. That is what was been asked.

I’m pretty sure that question was answered.

13 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

guilds stay behind on the server they are on when transferring.

14 hours ago, DreadtechSavant said:

I would like to transfer this character to a server where I have no guild off my own on. Is this possible or not?

This question can literally be answered with yes, if you change guild ownership😂 the op literally ask two technically different questions. Which dark correctly answered.

48 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They should change it to allow you transfer the guild & guild resources. There is no reason they can’t make this change. They do it when servers are merged. 

I very much want the ability to transfer a guild to a different servers. I would even spend real world money similar to the process required to purchase cartel coins.

As for reasons I think they choose not to:

1) I believe it would take more effort then a regular transfer

2) guilds (and their assets) aren't technically owned by a person but managed by someone who plays regularly. (If I’m not mistaken, it used require you to play regularly and be subscribed.) and management should/would change if that status changes.

3) BS doesn’t want to be the ones to  remove people from guilds who might not want the guild to leave the server, and they can’t/wont/shouldn’t transfer all members in the guild. (Guilds are intended to be made by 4 people from different legacies)

8 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

I’m pretty sure that question was answered.

This question can literally be answered with yes, if you change guild ownership😂 the op literally ask two technically different questions. Which dark correctly answered.

Says someone who cannot be bothered to read, he clearly said " Ok, you answered the question"

So what was your point other to have a go needlessly?

Yes it is a case of having a spare guild after the server merge. So if the guild cannot move with my character, there is no reason to move to the new server. 

There is also no real reason why a guild that has only 1 player in it, not to be able to move. Yes this is of course down to the company and not anything to do with us players. We know it can be done as BW did with the server merge. So it's not like they can claim it cannot be done.

Thank you to the player who answered the question and thank you for the link you provided.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They should change it to allow you transfer the guild & guild resources. There is no reason they can’t make this change. They do it when servers are merged. 

Very true.

I understand that a guild with members in it may be problematic, as not all would want to move. However as you said, moving a guild can be done as you stated it was done during the server merge.

This issue with only the one player in it should not be a issue as there are no other players to affect. So fully agree, I also feel that this may well help the server. As from what I'm told it has the lowest population. While I'm sure over time the community will grow at present time it needs the players. For players like me who has characters on all the servers, making new characters on this server is a plus. However not a plus if I cannot do what I want to do. Having my own guild for all of my accounts is something I consider before making lots of characters on that server. 

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

I very much want the ability to transfer a guild to a different servers. I would even spend real world money similar to the process required to purchase cartel coins.

As for reasons I think they choose not to:

1) I believe it would take more effort then a regular transfer

2) guilds (and their assets) aren't technically owned by a person but managed by someone who plays regularly. (If I’m not mistaken, it used require you to play regularly and be subscribed.) and management should/would change if that status changes.

3) BS doesn’t want to be the ones to  remove people from guilds who might not want the guild to leave the server, and they can’t/wont/shouldn’t transfer all members in the guild. (Guilds are intended to be made by 4 people from different legacies)

Your second point is really the only valid point. However for a guild that only has one player it, not a issue at all.

Before someone chimes in with, but GM's could remove players to transfer guild. Yes this is true, but a GM can remove players anyway. So no really a change there to how it works now. 

You also say you would like to move a guild to, so in real terms we are both on the same page. If like me it's due to extra guild9s)  because of the server merge. I guess many of us also have these extra guilds for the same reason. 

Edited by DreadtechSavant