Legacy Unlock of Daily Areas

Why???    

What incentive is there to even complete the story.  Not that a daily area is a reason, but it is something to earn for completing the main story (along with the reputation track).  Oh right, even reduced the conquest one earns for getting reputation increase.

for many of us we have maxed out most of the reputation categories, so it allows us to grind out the conquest points that we need for better gear by completing those areas before we normally would.

11 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

so it allows us to grind out the conquest points that we need for better gear by completing those areas before we normally would.

Better gear??

All you need is FP-1's and conquest comms.  Once you unlock Hyde 324 Prototype and Artifact, all you need is OP-1 IF you want to go the Rakatta 344 route.

Heck, I have a 78 Pyrotech that just finished Alderaan and a 75 Sage halfway thru Alderaan.  I could go to end game areas for "dailies" without ever stepping foot in there before.

What about Yavin, you have to go thru the whole story there to unlock the dailies (which also allows you to solo Reven fight).  So can skip the whole thing???? 

Yeah, I know there were complaints before about the daily areas and am grateful they were added for the latest "story" updates, but make that a part of the journey. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kgaydos said:

Why???   

It was a good change for us players who do conquest. It was sad that if I wanted to do daily areas like Ossus for CQP on alts, I'd be locked out if I didn't do the story on that alt. After they nerfed rep tokens, they asked us for feedback. This is something a few people brought up, and Eric addressed it.

What incentive is there to even complete the story.

The same as before. To complete the story..... Also, just like before, the daily area only unlocks when you complete the story, only this time your whole legacy contributes.

Edited by Traceguy

Why???    

What incentive is there to even complete the story.  Not that a daily area is a reason, but it is something to earn for completing the main story (along with the reputation track).  Oh right, even reduced the conquest one earns for getting reputation increase.

Truthfully this was a very good change. I have so many alts, and I don't run 90% of them through the new storyline. This allows me to do the newer daily area's on more then 1 character.

In fact I've only run 1 character through Manaan, ruhnuk, and kessan's landing. Most of my characters stop around the point of mek-sha story ending.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

Truthfully this was a very good change. I have so many alts, and I don't run 90% of them through the new storyline. This allows me to do the newer daily area's on more then 1 character.

In fact I've only run 1 character through Manaan, ruhnuk, and kessan's landing. Most of my characters stop around the point of mek-sha story ending.

OK I see your point.  I as well have many alts with 1 all the way thru, 1 up thru Ruhnik, a couple others sitting at Onslaught and the rest sitting on doorstep to KotFE...

It felt weird taking a character thru Onderon dailies when that one never stepped foot there before.

I think it is high time they brought back something similar to Renown so those at max character level have more incentive to keep pushing forward, at least story wise.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kgaydos said:

It felt weird taking a character thru Onderon dailies when that one never stepped foot there before.

Some the very first dailies areas like Black Hole and Section X allowed you to do the daily areas without so much as completing your character's main story. I think Oricon was one of the first if not the first to require you to have completed the story surrounding that specific area.

Edited by Traceguy

Just now, Traceguy said:

Some the very first dailies areas like Black Hole and Section X allowed you to do the daily areas without so much as completing your character's main story. I think Oricon was one of the first if not the first to require you to have completed the story surrounding that specific area.

Daily area's should be less about being tied to the story, and just areas for people to do Dailies. 

The minute they tied them to the main story (which not everyone will like, and do on alts) is when they made a massive mistake.

• Like 2

Let's be realistic here, the current storyline is dragging on and on for years, is pretty much the same for both factions and all origin stories, and is really not worth taking more than a handful of characters through.

It's a good compromise to have the legacy unlock, so players do have to do the storyline to open up the new daily areas, they just don't have to take every single alt through. 

I used to have a dozen alts keeping up the storyline, that's down to 3 now.  None of those 3 are what I consider my endgame mains, so without the legacy unlock I just wouldn't do the newer daily areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Let's be realistic here, the current storyline is dragging on and on for years, is pretty much the same for both factions and all origin stories, and is really not worth taking more than a handful of characters through.

It's a good compromise to have the legacy unlock, so players do have to do the storyline to open up the new daily areas, they just don't have to take every single alt through. 

I used to have a dozen alts keeping up the storyline, that's down to 3 now.  None of those 3 are what I consider my endgame mains, so without the legacy unlock I just wouldn't do the newer daily areas.

I agree with this, however they need to make sure ALL of the quests are available. When I took a character that had not done Ossus storyline, all of the quest that would have been dailies (from the story) were not available.  A couple of  examples of this is the Microbinocular quest, the quest after you see Malgus alive again (clicking on the 4 yellow ground items)

These were some of the ones I put into my Daily quests when I did Ossus normally, and were not available on a toon that had not done that story yet.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kgaydos said:

Why???    

I have over 100 max level characters. I'm not playing through all the story arcs to access new areas. Even the devs know that locking content being hours of story someone has no interest in is a bad idea because you end up with new and seasoned players who basically ignore locked content.

Edited by Darkestmonty

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

I agree with this, however they need to make sure ALL of the quests are available. When I took a character that had not done Ossus storyline, all of the quest that would have been dailies (from the story) were not available.  A couple of  examples of this is the Microbinocular quest, the quest after you see Malgus alive again (clicking on the 4 yellow ground items)

These were some of the ones I put into my Daily quests when I did Ossus normally, and were not available on a toon that had not done that story yet.

Eric has acknowledged that Ossus is not fully working yet, but said they will have it working in 7.5. It's why Ossus is not on their list in the 7.4.1c patch notes

On 4/5/2024 at 2:02 PM, EricMusco said:

You brought up 3 different Daily Areas so let's talk about each of these as they are all slightly different:

• Ossus - This is not fully changed to unlock based on the Achievement only. If you have the Achievement you will notice that some of the Daily Area will work but some of the NPCs and Missions will be unavailable right now. That is why we didn't put it in the patch notes, it will be fully available in 7.5.

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Eric has acknowledged that Ossus is not fully working yet, but said they will have it working in 7.5. It's why Ossus is not on their list in the 7.4.1c patch notes

Guess I missed that or didn't see that post. 

• Like 1