How to make credits during DEFLATION?

Greetings!

As most of you have noticed, we're in the stage of the in-game credit deflation. As a returning player, I wasn't aware of the ongoing inflation in the recent years (I haven't been playing the game since 7-8 years). When I returned around 3 months ago, I got started with GTN item flipping, selling some mats, etc. As the prices are currently dropping, nobody is buy the things I put on the market. I am not overpricing them, simply trying to sell them to at least get a reasonable profit.

I am playing on the Darth Malgus server. Before I've managed to gear up to be able to do the content (OPS, Master FP's and so on), RPM's and OEM's were selling for around 40 mln credits. As of writing this post, they are now going for about 15 mln. Some of the CM sets I am looking to get however are still priced in billions. Some players don't even put them anymore as I'm guessing they're not worth to sell anymore. It appears that the inflation, while causing a lot of frustration among players was still a better case than what we're dealing with now.

Any tips regarding credit farming?

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 1:20 PM, Relvo said:

nobody is buy the things I put on the market. I am not overpricing them

These two statements are contradictory.  If nobody is buying them, you are charging more than people are willing to pay, and therefore you are overpricing them.

simply trying to sell them to at least get a reasonable profit

You might have an overly optimistic view of what level of profit is reasonable profit.

It appears that the inflation, while causing a lot of frustration among players was still a better case than what we're dealing with now.

Inflation had driven prices somewhere far beyond merely "completely ridiculous", which is why the studio put the deflationary measures in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not found getting credits by playing the game has had that much affect, except on new or very low levelled characters.  However this is really only a issue for new players who don't have reserves in legacy bank.

Selling, yes have notice a drop in many items, this is two fold. One .Some items that have been around for some time now have already passed the high point as most who wanted them have them.

Two. Mats as well once you geared up you are geared up, so really mats are going to go down a lot, until the next level cap comes out. Which if new mats are required I fully expect the new mats to be what the others have been in the past.

Cartel? well more difficult to judge as every player will like different things in items, such as outfits. Mounts, etc etc

All I can say is the last cartel item I liked was the Bold Hellions Outfit, how long ago was that? So cartel stuff for a lot of us is just unwanted. I am however looking forward to the new customisations coming out, I just hope that the one shown in the livestream is but the first of many. 

Still OP, I have to in large agree with Steve, want is reasonable, what is expensive, what is cheap is going to depend on your own perspective. I brought very little off the GTN as the items in IMO were never worth what was been asked. Even now with deflation, still buying very little. I don't value items witch are free to get in game, due to the fact I too can get it free.  As for cartel stuff, I go by the cartel cost. So the more a item costs, I will pay more for. Not that there much I want from their. if anything I don't already have. Which I don't think there is. 

So to me How do you make credits? I just play them game it's self, as intended. 

Edited by cloneofdax

Grade 11 mats still worth something. Biochem (Bioanalysis + Diplomacy) give good price, and Biochem lv700 enable you to craft and use non-perishable gold stims/medpacks so that's the most useful Crew Skill for your main and what I'll recommend if you only have the resources to set up one crafting toon right now. If you have multiple lv50 companions, just send them off doing crew kill missions while you do your thing is basically free credits.

RPM/OEM farm is still viable though not as profitable during the height of inflation. You can still get fleet pug on Malgus so that won't be a problem.

21 hours ago, eabevella said:

Grade 11 mats still worth something. Biochem (Bioanalysis + Diplomacy) give good price, and Biochem lv700 enable you to craft and use non-perishable gold stims/medpacks so that's the most useful Crew Skill for your main and what I'll recommend if you only have the resources to set up one crafting toon right now. If you have multiple lv50 companions, just send them off doing crew kill missions while you do your thing is basically free credits.

RPM/OEM farm is still viable though not as profitable during the height of inflation. You can still get fleet pug on Malgus so that won't be a problem.

True, grade 11 mats are still selling oddly enough, I say that due to the fact they are free to get by any player. Still for some credits are abundant and play time is not.  

Here's the problem.  I need money.  I have very little money.  I want to buy several things on the gtn.  Everything on the gtn is 200 million credits.  I figured I'd sell a black & black dye because those usually go for a billion anyway.  Well yikes.  So much for that.  The price of black & black dye is plummeting.  How am I supposed to turn a profit on this?  It's under 200 million and doesn't look to be going back up any time soon.

So then what about OEM and RPM?  Those used to go for 30 or 40 million each.  Nope!  Those are also clogging up the gtn, with the price still dropping as I type.  Good luck getting 20 million each for one of them.

At the moment, my only other method for making money is grinding heroics (starter planets all the way to Corellia).  I might be able to handle running 1 or 2 characters a week doing this, but it's extremely slow and inefficient.  Trying to buy some things for a new character before double xp runs out, but I don't think it's happening.  Meanwhile, armor sets are still pretty expensive.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 4:20 AM, Relvo said:

Greetings!

As most of you have noticed, we're in the stage of the in-game credit deflation. As a returning player, I wasn't aware of the ongoing inflation in the recent years (I haven't been playing the game since 7-8 years). When I returned around 3 months ago, I got started with GTN item flipping, selling some mats, etc. As the prices are currently dropping, nobody is buy the things I put on the market. I am not overpricing them, simply trying to sell them to at least get a reasonable profit.

I am playing on the Darth Malgus server. Before I've managed to gear up to be able to do the content (OPS, Master FP's and so on), RPM's and OEM's were selling for around 40 mln credits. As of writing this post, they are now going for about 15 mln. Some of the CM sets I am looking to get however are still priced in billions. Some players don't even put them anymore as I'm guessing they're not worth to sell anymore. It appears that the inflation, while causing a lot of frustration among players was still a better case than what we're dealing with now.

Any tips regarding credit farming?

Here's the thing: if deflation is going on, it affects all prices over time. True, your items sell for lower prices, but also true, the items you are buying sell for lower prices. Even the most expensive items will go down if deflation is ongoing. Players will only sit on items so long before settling for less. The rarest and most in demand items will take longer than others, but they will still go down eventually. Also note you only see the items on GTN that haven't sold yet. In other words, the prices you see are on the higher end and usually higher than the true value of the item. The true value is whatever players are willing to pay at the moment, so those listings sell very quickly. Check prices regularly and you might find the items you want at a more reasonable price. Otherwise, play the long game, keep selling things and saving your credits until deflation takes effect on those overpriced items. If deflation is truly going on, it means your credits are worth more the longer you save them.

12 hours ago, BelorfinSiana said:

At the moment, my only other method for making money is grinding heroics (starter planets all the way to Corellia).  I might be able to handle running 1 or 2 characters a week doing this, but it's extremely slow and inefficient.  Trying to buy some things for a new character before double xp runs out, but I don't think it's happening.  Meanwhile, armor sets are still pretty expensive.

It might be frustrating not being able to take advantage of the collection unlock sale, but just remember there will be another one in December. That might be a while to wait, but you will have another opportunity eventually. You have several months to save up credits and buy those items in preparation for it. I'm not saying I like the collection unlock thing, but they're not going to change it, so we've just got to deal with it if we want to keep playing.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Posted (edited)

I gave up on selling the black & black dye.  I'm not giving it up for less than 200 million and the price just keeps falling.  So I'll give it to one of my characters to use.  OEM and RPM are the same way.  Ironically I'm still living off the last black & black dye I sold years ago.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

54 minutes ago, BelorfinSiana said:

I gave up on selling the black & black dye.  I'm not giving it up for less than 200 million and the price just keeps falling.  So I'll give it to one of my characters to use.  OEM and RPM are the same way.  Ironically I'm still living off the last black & black dye I sold years ago.

For the Black & Black Dye you might wait until later. It was just available for 50% off a few days ago. Players have probably stocked up on it, so demand is lower than normal and you have more competition for selling it. Wait until the fall, you might get a lot more credits. You probably won't get a billion, but you will get more than the current time.

Find what does sell, and don't expect to make hundreds of millions per sale. I found a crafting option that gives me, if I spend a little time gathering, a good 30-50 mil a week without being too time consuming. But it took me a while, and I sometimes have to deal with being undercut, or adjusting my price.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:03 AM, joshuadyal said:

Find what does sell, and don't expect to make hundreds of millions per sale. I found a crafting option that gives me, if I spend a little time gathering, a good 30-50 mil a week without being too time consuming. But it took me a while, and I sometimes have to deal with being undercut, or adjusting my price.

That doesnt seem worth it... 1 DP+DF run a day, will net you easily 50+ mill a week from selling RPM/OEM, and its a quick run too...

Posted (edited)

Galactic trade market is a joke now. Trying sell revan reborn greaves for months and revan lightsaber for weeks, nothing. Most popular things and still nothing, pathetic.

Edited by Trlance

1 hour ago, Trlance said:

Galactic trade market is a joke now. Trying sell revan reborn greaves for months and revan lightsaber for weeks, nothing. Most popular things and still nothing, pathetic.

In that case, you're proposing a price that's too high.  End. Of. Line.

1 hour ago, BelorfinSiana said:

People keep undercutting RPM/OEM to the point where it's almost 10 million each... not that I know what DP or DF is.

DP == Dread Palace
DF == Dread Fortress

They are the two Operations that finish the Dread Masters story that ends on Oricon.  (The first stirrings of it are part of the <Planetary Arc> on Belsavis.)